Sign in to follow this  
Yzalirk

[CG:J11 U vs. DK] Monkey-see, Monkey-dead

This is a counter to MKJoshA's Monkey Business guerrilla.

​Shortly after a new city pledged their allegiance to Ulandus and the First Centurion, a Dwarven officer has been stationed their as a recruiter and as a defender. Surely enough, he's spotted something rather peculiar - a monkey running around with what appears to be stolen gold. His first instinct was to put down the monkey, which he has down so with a single swipe of a steel longsword. Surely enough, it was revealed that the monkey was in a scheme to steal gold from Ulandian sympathizers. The monkey's owner and trainer has not been found. He has probably crawled into a cave like the rest of the Desert King scum should be.

16780689278_9defa4a428.jpg

Here's an additional picture with a closer view. :wink:

16780689788_ce52755981.jpg

Edited by Goliath

It was a quick counter, but it seems to be a different monkey (colour of paws).

I personally do not approve MOCs in which monkeys are harmed...

Wow that was a quick counter! It appears we will have to find a new source of revenue

Indeed it was. Perhaps monkeys shouldn't be used to gather coin. :wink:

It was a quick counter, but it seems to be a different monkey (colour of paws).

I personally do not approve MOCs in which monkeys are harmed...

I figured someone who mention that. To be fair, MKJoshA used yellow minifigs as I use fleshies. His monkey used fleshy hands, mine doesn't. It seems like opposites in a way it makes sense that the monkeys aren't direly similar to the people. :wink:

That was a very quick counter *oh2* I like the SNOT floor :classic:

Thanks LJ! Indeed it was quick. Ulandus doesn't tolerate thieves. :wink:

That was really quick! I literally had both in my Inbox!

Nice job anyhow, though adding some architectural detail probably would help.

That was really quick! I literally had both in my Inbox!

Nice job anyhow, though adding some architectural detail probably would help.

Speedy! Nice though! :thumbup:

I would have added more but the way MKJoshA presented his seemed like it was inside a building. Think of this one being inside a large hallway. But thanks you guys. :wink:

Nice. I like the feeling emanating from this :classic: . My only tip would be to use poster board for the background. Yours looks a bit crumpled, but I like how there is no seam in the background.

Oh no! My poor monkey! I was really hoping he wouldn't end up dead :cry_sad: But I suppose that's what I get for sending him into battle :sadnew:

Nice. I like the feeling emanating from this :classic: . My only tip would be to use poster board for the background. Yours looks a bit crumpled, but I like how there is no seam in the background.

Thanks Robin! The background, believe it or not, is just a spare bed sheet I found! :laugh:

Oh no! My poor monkey! I was really hoping he wouldn't end up dead :cry_sad: But I suppose that's what I get for sending him into battle :sadnew:

There are plenty more monkeys to be recruited! :wink:

Great counter Goliath, though it is simple it is one of my favorites from you! Nice work with the photography here too! :wink::thumbup:

Edited by Garmadon