Sign in to follow this  
SirBlake

[MOD] 8 Stud Wide SC 75899 LaFerrari

The Porche was so much fun, I had to try the LaFerrari next. By far, the biggest concession here is the windshield, but I find the stubby front glass less objectionable than the narrowness of the regular set. Also, I saw someone mention the crazy side mirrors in the Speed Champions thread, so I added those here and really like them. Apologies in advance for the less than stellar photography.

Let me know what y'all think.

image_zps5llt9x9y.jpg

image_zps6cwc8e0h.jpg

image_zpsf3niztas.jpg

image_zpsupuc4xz7.jpg

Here's the stock set for comparison:

jk7l3cplvprynjave1ur.jpg

Looks quite nice. However by widening the car for 2 studs I guess it would be necessary to lenghten the wheelbase at least for one stud, too - otherwise the proportions aren't quite correct. Have you tried 7w yet? Maybe this would be a suitable solution here, too. Anyhow the backend looks really cool like this.

Looks quite nice. However by widening the car for 2 studs I guess it would be necessary to lenghten the wheelbase at least for one stud, too - otherwise the proportions aren't quite correct. Have you tried 7w yet? Maybe this would be a suitable solution here, too. Anyhow the backend looks really cool like this.

Thanks! I agree that 8 wide swings the proportion pendulum a bit in the other direction. That said, I prefer too wide to too narrow. I've actually played with the design some and added some length in the nose which looks better. I'll post some updated pics when I get the chance.

Nice redo 'SirBlake'.......but they are some thin wing mirrors ? :blush:

Brick On Race On 'SirBlake' ! :grin:

If you look at the real car, they're actually pretty good for Lego.

The backside came really well, but the front is too short and the windscreen looks too square. You may want to add some make the model more curvy. It's pretty cool! :classic:

The backside came really well, but the front is too short and the windscreen looks too square. You may want to add some make the model more curvy. It's pretty cool! :classic:

I agree that the front is too short. Adding another stud of length really helped (dang, I need to post pics). I also agree that the windshield is too square, but I'm not aware of a better solution using existing parts. I would welcome any suggestions there.