Tomsche

Landscape of Mitgardia: Searching for Truffles

My latest small MoC for the `Landscapes of Mitgardia` series over on Eurobricks, which details well, deuh, the landscapes of the viking like lands, and the all day life of it`s inhabitants.

2_zpshpv3i3sv.jpg

Porkchop! Porkchop! Porkchop, get back here girl!

Landur was watching his priced black pig enthousiastically dig for more black gold near the birch tree. The beast was a good one, as he had already scored almost a full basket of the dark mushrooms, which would grant him a good yield in silvers at the market back in Merak.

But it apparently was going to be a cold evening, as a chilly wind could be felt and the fish in the river where very active, as if even they where jumping in and out of the water for generating some heat for themselves.

"What a silly idea", Landur thought to himself. "Fish don`t need heat, unless they are on the menu. I must be imaging things, next I know, I`ll be... seeing... penguins?????"

PORKCHOOOOOOP!!!

Just a small build I did because I wanted to try out a tree build technique like I experimented with in my `Dwarven Archery` MoC earlier, I was a bit torn about either using the nice black pigs from BrickForge, or the waaaaaay to cute Friends range penguin.

3_zpsklfqsm4q.jpg

So in the end, I decided to go for both...

1_zpslgtqq3ta.jpg

Sorry as well about the rough edges left and right on the pics, I finally started dabbling using Photoshop to cut away my backgrounds in my MoC`s, but I still need to learn how to fine tune the lasso and magic wand thingies...

Enjoy!

Nice - but I did not expect a penguin in Mitgardia! :wink:

I finally started dabbling using Photoshop to cut away my backgrounds in my MoC`s, but I still need to learn how to fine tune the lasso and magic wand thingies...

I know what you're talking about. I'm still struggling with that.

Actually, it is easy to build a good MOC. But to have decent pictures seems to be more difficult...

Nice build Tomsche, I like the stunned look on Landur's face as he's looking at the penguin! :laugh: Great job on the white birch as well!

If you can`t build that well as the masters here, one has to compensate it in other ways ;-)

I know the feeling Captain, I am almost convinced that somewhere down the line, one of the writer`s of PS stated that he knew someone in Belgium he would be driving into the rafters with his software

Very cool tree design! Great fig posing and facial choice too :thumbup: And I like the truffle hunting pig idea :classic:

Nice landscape, Tomsche!

I also like the pig digging, the posing and expression on Landur, and the birch tree!