Sign in to follow this  
Blufiji

The Long Journey

As the long shadows of the setting sun creep their way across the jagged outcrops and the trees of the mountain side, Gal-Turok pauses for a second. The air is still, the land quiet save for the water from the small stream making it's way down. Gal-Turok smiles to himself under his heavy helm, reflecting on the the notion that the Rakath, the most dangerous mountain range in all of Historica, still has a beauty of its own. But even with that realization, it IS still the most dangerous mountain range in all of Historica, and he best make haste. Even as strong as he is, he is still one being among many, who loved nothing more to kill the Great Goblin Uniter.

Third free build. For those looking for the Nocty Standard, the build has it. Ten points to the person who finds it! For the glory of the Darklands!

1423421691m_DISPLAY.jpg

1423421698m_DISPLAY.jpg

1423421705m_DISPLAY.jpg

1423421714m_DISPLAY.jpg

Would like to make the Following claims for UoP:

+1 On Landscape Design-Trees

+1 On Geography-Mountains

+1 On Hydrology-Running water/streams

+1 Minifig posing

Edited by blufiji

This is a very jagged landscape! I like this build a lot, but some of the cracks could be filled a bit better.

Thanks for the constructive criticism. This is my first go at bouldering/snot rock work so I expected there would be some imperfections. I want to use this technique a lot more, so pointing out the flaws really help. Thanks sir!

Excellent build! I really like the trees and olive green on the ground :thumbup:

I probably wouldn't do so much jaggedness, but that's just me.

Keep up the great work :classic:

The first pic is great! Really looks like a rough terrain! However this kind of build does suffer a bit with closer inspection with the impossible to fill gaps... but I think you did a pretty good job trying to fill them in!

Fantastic landscaping, this is some incredibly realistic rockwork! I for one think the gaps (large and small) look good here. Such a rugged, rocky scape would be filled with crevices and cracks of all sizes, so this looks really natural. The river looks appropriately rapid and whitewatered too. I really love builds which are strictly landscape scenes like this and help illustrate the wilder parts of the guilds. Great work!

Excellent landscape, I really like the jagged rock formation and crevices! Nice work with the trees and running stream as well :classic:

Awesome build! I really like the rockwork, its very jagged and has so much irregular angles. Also love those trees... and i see gold leaves and red leaves! Is it the banner of our glorious lands? :thumbup:

Impressive!

Thanks!

Very nice! Gives off a great atmosphere! Is the standard in the foliage- I spy a few golden 1x1 rounds in there?

The standard actually is the foliage..the red tree and the golden tree. Good eye!

Excellent build! I really like the trees and olive green on the ground :thumbup:

I probably wouldn't do so much jaggedness, but that's just me.

Keep up the great work :classic:

On closer inspection the jaggedness really stands out. I want it to be refined for the next go around so pointing it out helps. Thanks for the comment sir!

The first pic is great! Really looks like a rough terrain! However this kind of build does suffer a bit with closer inspection with the impossible to fill gaps... but I think you did a pretty good job trying to fill them in!

You are correct. This build was a practice run for something I have planned later, and I was hoping to get some constructive feedback on it, which you, Little John and Carson did not disappoint. Thank you sir!

Great job on the rockwork here! :thumbup:

Thank you Kai!

Fantastic landscaping, this is some incredibly realistic rockwork! I for one think the gaps (large and small) look good here. Such a rugged, rocky scape would be filled with crevices and cracks of all sizes, so this looks really natural. The river looks appropriately rapid and whitewatered too. I really love builds which are strictly landscape scenes like this and help illustrate the wilder parts of the guilds. Great work!

Thank you the comment! As stated above I wanted to get the jaggedness down a bit more as well as fill in some of the larger gaps. I agree that the smaller gaps are more realistic of the mountains I see everyday outside my home, I just don't want large glaring holes in the build but i dropped the ball on that one a bit. And your spot on with the landscape scene, as I wanted to show Nocturnus has more than just swamp lands to offer in the tour guide, but still keep it kinda gloomy and dark as well.

Excellent landscape, I really like the jagged rock formation and crevices! Nice work with the trees and running stream as well :classic:

Thank you Garmadon!

Awesome build! I really like the rockwork, its very jagged and has so much irregular angles. Also love those trees... and i see gold leaves and red leaves! Is it the banner of our glorious lands? :thumbup:

Another good eye sir. The standard is the trees. For the glory of the Darklands!

Very nice Vig here, really like the autumn forest!

Thank you Kabel!

The olive green complements the dark bley well here :thumbup: Very rugged looking landscape, I'm interested to see you use this technique in the future as you gain more experience with it.

Lovely trees :classic:

The olive green complements the dark bley well here :thumbup: Very rugged looking landscape, I'm interested to see you use this technique in the future as you gain more experience with it.

Lovely trees :classic:

Thank you Sccerkid! This idea was a practice run for a fortress in the mountains I'm currently working on.

Fantastic landscaping, this is some incredibly realistic rockwork! I for one think the gaps (large and small) look good here.

Me too! I really like the rocks! :wub: I assume you either used mixel joints, barely attached some of them, or simply didn't attach them.

The foliage also looks good!

Keep up the good work!

Fantastic landscaping! I love the creative construction techniques for your rockwork as well as your trees and foliage color. Excellent build!

Me too! I really like the rocks! :wub: I assume you either used mixel joints, barely attached some of them, or simply didn't attach them.

The foliage also looks good!

Keep up the good work!

I didn't use mixel joints, but I need to get some. I hear they work really well. They are held in place by pressure and tension, each section strengthening the others. Thank you for the comment, and I'll definitely keep up the great work.

Wow, I really like the landscape - the rockwork looks amazing!

Great work! :sweet:

Thank you sir!

Fantastic landscaping! I love the creative construction techniques for your rockwork as well as your trees and foliage color. Excellent build!

Thank you sir. I plan to use this technique again for a future project. Hopefully it becomes refined.

Splendid rockwork!

Thanks sir!

Edited by blufiji

I didn't use mixel joints, but I need to get some. I hear they work really well. They are held in place by pressure and tension, each section strengthening the others. Thank you for the comment, and I'll definitely keep up the great work.

Ah, I see now after looking at your pictures closer. I'll have to give that a try.

The colour palette is stunning, and I really like the fissures in the rockwork. I think it makes it look very real! :thumbup:

Great landscape! I love the jaggedness, it's exactly what I would expect to find in the treacherous mountains of Nocturnus! The bright trees are very cool too!

Edited by LordDan