cimddwc

[MOC] Maxidolls Store

Hi everyone!

My latest house features a shop selling the Friends minidolls as "maxidolls" for the minifigure population...

» Album on Flickr (23 photos)

16308346902_a596b3bf27_c.jpg

16123052669_42a52549d6_c.jpg

Back side:

15686794284_bcde61420c_c.jpg

Let's walk inside...

16121649988_eb4dff62f0_c.jpg

...warning: Lots of pink and purple!

16307420401_44857884e1_c.jpg

16123352727_d098820936_c.jpg

More dolls and accessories on the second floor:

16309197205_148ea26143_c.jpg

A gamer's living in the apartment on the second floor:

16121825990_ce35d9ebde_c.jpg

Apparently a fan of Minecraft and TMNT (admittedly a bit hard to see):

16121825580_f65ce68023_c.jpg

Fourth floor is where Ma and Pa cop are living - having a cup of coffee before leaving to the police station for their shift:

16308347942_168ff06bae_c.jpg

16123054509_fb3e64b1c1_c.jpg

And this is where it's placed in my town:

16309196675_6aeaf2fcff_c.jpg

16283265206_1240e67d0a_c.jpg

» Album on Flickr (23 photos)

Hope you like it...

Wonderful building :drool: ! The amount of parts and details you put inside and outside your buildings is really incredibile.

Not to mention of your city that is simply the best lego city that I've ever seen here in eurobricks!

Yet another inspiring creation. Your buildings never disappoint, and I would agree that they are among the best we've seen (and hopefiully wil continue to see) on here.

They all look very realistic, and the amount of detail throughout is astonishing. :wub:

All thumbs up! :excited:

It's a great building. I like the off-set corner, it really stands out. I don't like so much the roof on the corner, but it's very tricky to do it. The interiors is fantastic, there's so many hidden details. You're doing a great job with the interiors although their kept hidden. Do you plan to exhibit your town somewhere?

A bit off topic, I like the train station building as well.

I already loved your Pet Shop street and your new buildings are in no way inferior to it! So many details, so professional looking, just perfect.

Regarding your MOC pages: When I klick on "My Lego Creations" I can see the "Complete Pet Shop Street" but no pictures in "Plans" and "Town with SNOT street". Is that on purpose?

Thanks, everyone!

Do you plan to exhibit your town somewhere?

Not the entire town. That'd be just too much work to disassemble, move, and reassemble. Only small parts - the inclined Pet Shop Street - have been (and probably again will be) shown in and around Munich.

Regarding your MOC pages: When I klick on "My Lego Creations" I can see the "Complete Pet Shop Street" but no pictures in "Plans" and "Town with SNOT street". Is that on purpose?

Well, years ago, MOCpages had a server disk crash followed by a backup disk crash (their only backup!). They said they'd try to recover the images, but failed, and I didn't really care much about MOCpages anymore, and was too lazy to replace/reupload the old images...

My first impression was, that it was a bit too TownHallish, but after seeing all pictures, i must say it looks great! Especially the living area's i like a lot.. I'm not a fan of Friends, and so that is not the best part, i.m.o.... You made a really nice cornerbuilding with lots of room and a very detailed interior!! Great work!!

Great work cimddwc... I love the use of the Friends range as a type of product you can buy in your city. Great details to your building and style really stands it apart in the area you have placed it. Love it!

what a great idea with the maxi dolls. I love the building exterior and the details inside. It looks a bit crowded in some areas, though, but it still looks lovely :)

Also wow, impressive town. Do you have an extra lego room?

Fantastic! You did it again!

It's really clever how you manage to incorporate out of theme or out of scale figures like Friends and Minecraft seamlessly into a 'normal' minifig building. Truly an inspiration.

I have bought a few Friends sets on sale for the parts, but I never know what to do with the larger figures -- other than eBay..

Curiosity: do you design the interior space in LDD first or directly in Lego?

Do you conceptualize all three floors or let the flow and size of one dictate dimensions for the others?

Thanks again!

Do you have an extra lego room?

Yes, about 6x4 m² in the basement.

Curiosity: do you design the interior space in LDD first or directly in Lego?

Do you conceptualize all three floors or let the flow and size of one dictate dimensions for the others?

No LDD. I basically planned how big the houses can be, "sketched" the basic window/wall design in real bricks (like the bright light orange part here: 15444133553_994743fd01_m.jpg), thought where to put the stairs etc. first, built the front and floors, then thought what interior furnishing could fit where (same with the rooms in the apartments, and whether it should be one spanning both upper floors or two separate ones), and then built that. And modified during building when necessary...

This looks great. I like the use of engine grills horizontally on the ground floor and that small window on the top floor at the side is simple but very charming. Another fine addition to your already great collection of modulars. Well done!

This looks great. I like the use of engine grills horizontally on the ground floor

I was just about to comment on that, too, it totally escaped me when I looked at this yesterday. Another nice detail is the crumpled bedsheets in the youths apartment. So simple and yet it adds so much life.

Andreas, may I ask how much time you spend on a modular MOC on average?

Clever idea and excellent design!! All the little details are spot on and I especially like the protruding section with the shield decorations on and the interior detailing. Nice work!!

Thanks again!

Andreas, may I ask how much time you spend on a modular MOC on average?

Well, for a house like this, after thinking about it from time to time, it's typically like this:

First I build the ground floor front, decide where the stairs go, then build the second floor's front, floor & stairs, then third, then fourth.

Then ground floor interior and rear walls, then the upper floors.

Since I'm usually trying several different details, each of those 8 steps takes about 2-3 hours, some less, some a little more

Brilliant! You should have filled the store with male minifigures :tongue:

I wanted to keep this a little more, erm, family-friendly. :classic: