Sign in to follow this  
MassEditor

Tree of the Dead

The Tree of the Dead is one of Nocturnus' many holy sites, shrouded in mystery as dark as its bark. Said to be one of the original trees of Nocturnus, the Tree of the Dead has long been venerated by various groups in the Darklands. Many make pilgrimages to the site to pay respect to deceased loved ones. Others offer personal belongings in hopes of finding them in the afterlife, while magic men seek it for the power it supposedly contains. Though only a few branches remain and none produce leaves, herbologists claim the tree is still alive. Skulls were placed inside the tree by worshippers long ago but some rumor the tree actually serves as a gateway to the underworld.

15683221634_d8192932e5_z.jpg

15683221344_5b9560795a_z.jpg

15683221014_d1227b7005_z.jpg

Thanks for looking, feedback always appreciated!

Edited by MassEditor

Niice story of the tree and lovely made :) I really like the landscaping and the black branches coming out of the ground.

Ah ME, despite the fact that you're building for the wrong guild you've definetely become one of my favourite builders here. Great tree, great landscape, lots to look at in this small moc. I love it!

Another awesome built ME! I like how you managed to make the tree trunk very rounded, the skulls inside are a nice touch. Also the colors for landscaping are excellent, reminds me to stock up on more dark green and dark brown. :grin:

Love the technique for the branches! Makes them look very spindly and creepy. great back story as well!

Thanks, I was hoping the build would give a nice, creepy vibe!

Creepy! Great atmosphere here!

In my opinion the tree could benefit from a few more branches.

The ground is excellent, great choice of colours.

Thanks Captain Braunsfeld! i totally agree about the tree needing a few more branches but I was afraid it would come out looking too cluttered in the photos. Something to keep in mind for the next one though!

Damn. I'm loving the black trees you're producing. Great idea as well!

Haha, thanks LV! Thinking back, I have been on a serious tree building binge here lately!

Gloomy and inspiring at the same time. I love the skull idea.

Thanks!

Niice story of the tree and lovely made :) I really like the landscaping and the black branches coming out of the ground.

Thanks Gunman!

Ah ME, despite the fact that you're building for the wrong guild you've definetely become one of my favourite builders here. Great tree, great landscape, lots to look at in this small moc. I love it!

Thanks Kabel, glad you liked it! Things are just too happy in Mitgardia, the doom and gloom of Nocturnus is just so much fun to put into bricks! We'd be more than happy to have you in the Darklands my friend!

Another awesome built ME! I like how you managed to make the tree trunk very rounded, the skulls inside are a nice touch. Also the colors for landscaping are excellent, reminds me to stock up on more dark green and dark brown. :grin:

Thanks Jorrith, that tree was a little frustrating to say the least! Yes, dark green is quickly becoming my favorite color for Nocturnus!

Love the warped look of the tree! So creepy! Awesome colors too! :classic:

Thanks Infernum, means a lot coming from an excellent builder such as yourself!

Thanks Kabel, glad you liked it! Things are just too happy in Mitgardia, the doom and gloom of Nocturnus is just so much fun to put into bricks! We'd be more than happy to have you in the Darklands my friend!

Sorry mate, just have a look at my meadseries, doom and gloom is something I just can't do! Guess I'm too naive a person ...

The blue background was a great idea and it's impressive the way you made the tree hollow.

I think you spelt "best guild" wrong.

I think you spelled "spelled" wrong. :wink:

Sorry mate, just have a look at my meadseries, doom and gloom is something I just can't do! Guess I'm too naive a person ...

Don't let the dark side take over!

:wink:

I think you spelled "spelled" wrong. :wink:

I'm British. I spell correctly, even if most of the world spells differently. Haha, both are correct, "to spell" is one of the verbs with an irregular and regular form. Depends on whether you live in the UK as to which version you use.

Very nice build, ME!

The tree is certainly ominous! I like the well-rounded look of the trunk and the scraggly branches with their lack of foliage. The small trees around are nice as well.

Thanks again y'all!

I will admit that it gets a little depressing over here, that's why you'll see something different from me soon!

Edited by MassEditor

Another great build ME, stupendous tree and landscaping :thumbup: Excellent use of colors as well, I really like the dk green/dk brown/sand green combination with the purple adding a bit of brightness :wink: