mccoyed

Age of Mitgardia - Farm Phase 3 - The Aker Farm

16286998062_76b0a71d46_z.jpg

The Aker family farm is modest, but has been with the family for generations. On the farm, they keep sheep, chickens, and of course Patches the family cow.

16286998132_6f25a17108_z.jpg

Patches doesn't always remember that the house isn't for cows, at least not when it's warm outside. Goda doesn't always remember that sheep aren't babies. Maybe it's time her father married her off?

15667957943_5c02ae44f1_z.jpg

It's Burri's job to feed the chickens. They aren't the most friendly animals on the farm, though, so occasionally he considers feeding the dog instead.

--------------------------------------------------

Builder's Note:

I'm not sure how happy I am with this series in general. I made a dumb mistake with the waterfall, and while I liked my second phase I feel I could have done more with the old stone hut and the stream. In this phase, I fixed a few problems but meant to build a dam and a few more things that I just couldn't get right. It took me a long time to do the house, which maybe sapped my ambition. Thankfully, I think that part turned out pretty good and I like this style of roof thatch.

Phase 1 and 2 here. Thanks for looking!

The roof hatching and the brick built animals stand out. The goat pen and the barn are solid as well.

Your rural series is charming. We are seeing many huge builds, so it is nice to see something small for a change.

I really like the house/hut.

It may not have been intended from your side, but I see a big funny cow's head over the entrance! :laugh:

Brick on!

Great builds, mccoyed!

I like how the builds build off each other and added together. The house looks great! The thatching looks realistic, the woodwork is fitting for a farm house, and the dark red accents it perfectly!

I love those brick built sheep! The dark red in the building is also nice, and i like the roofing.

The thatch roofs look good, I generally don't mix tan and dark tan in mine, but you've made it work well :thumbup:

Neat bridge and I like the patches of sand green :classic:

I love how you took these various builds and combined them into one sweet farming scene. I have to admit these kind of quite, rural farming scenes are among my favorites in GoH. Anyways, a lot of little details to appreciate, I especially like that tiny footbridge over the river by the chicken coop.

The roof hatching and the brick built animals stand out. The goat pen and the barn are solid as well.

Thanks, though I'll correct you about the barn. That's actually the Aker family home! The cow sleeps inside during the winter, but sometimes forgets what season it is...

Your rural series is charming. We are seeing many huge builds, so it is nice to see something small for a change.

I really like the house/hut.

It may not have been intended from your side, but I see a big funny cow's head over the entrance! :laugh:

Brick on!

Thanks. I have limited capability to photography large builds. You can always spot my biggest ones because I have to use a wrinkly white sheet as a backdrop. :P My wife also pointed out that the entrance to the house looked like some kind of cow totem.

Great builds, mccoyed!

I like how the builds build off each other and added together. The house looks great! The thatching looks realistic, the woodwork is fitting for a farm house, and the dark red accents it perfectly!

Thanks Sleg. I really hate the yellow hands method of doing thatched roofing, but this solutions seems to fit into the general aesthetic I like for roofs, mostly learned from Soccerkid's builds. And I'm glad you complimented the use of the red, as I have been trying to think of ways to make my buildings and such more colorful. Not always brown and gray, brown and gray. :P

Nice, I always enjoy your builds! Great expansion. The house is cool, and the brick built animals.

Thanks LV!

The dark red in the house adds a lot of character. :thumbup:

Thanks mrcp6d!

I love those brick built sheep! The dark red in the building is also nice, and i like the roofing.

Thanks Jorrith! Can't take credit for the sheep. Got that from a Classic Castle tutorial I think. I also like SK's method better. :P

The thatch roofs look good, I generally don't mix tan and dark tan in mine, but you've made it work well :thumbup:

Neat bridge and I like the patches of sand green :classic:

Thanks SK! Yeah, I didn't think it would work but it kind of... does. I tried yellow first and that was bad.

I love how you took these various builds and combined them into one sweet farming scene. I have to admit these kind of quite, rural farming scenes are among my favorites in GoH. Anyways, a lot of little details to appreciate, I especially like that tiny footbridge over the river by the chicken coop.

So nice of you to say, Patrick. They're definitely among my favorite to look at, too. But jeeeeez are they hard to make look good. At least for me! I have so few green plates that often I am tempted to just do the leaf-piece landscaping and be done with it :P

Nice build! The house looks cool, and it's nice to see all the different pieces of the farm together.

Thanks. I meant to make even more but, well, haha.

very interesting roof on the house and I also like the gable quite a bit. Well done Sir!