My Project for the SBrick contest is a side loader. look this to know what a side loader is and can do

In the main there are 5 functions

steering, driving, moving the sled, lifting the Fork and tilting the vehicle.

to realize the fith function there is maybe a switchable gearbox necessary, but the available space will maybe deleting this feature.

This is done in ldd till now

15950455467_1b361c0642_z.jpg

esl 19-21 by efferman, on Flickr

Efferman great choice!! I always wanted to build one of this..... Hopefully will turn into something epic as usual...love your creations!

Already in love with it! Efferman will you use the chains for lifting the forks or ropes? :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wow nice prototype for MOC have been chosen. I see one like this in my previous job in shop where submersible pumps for artificial lift was repaired... Guys from US changed letter "U" to "T" it was funny (BAUMANN to BATMANN)!

Edited by Awaken_M1nd

Thanks guys

i have made a short function test of the first rough prototype

It works not really perfect at this time, but it works. now finetuning and optimizing of the fork and sled mechanism

Edited by efferman

after some tests i have made a optimized version of the forklift mechanism

15633737093_f481d0a263_z.jpg

16066087988_3b8d2682ac_z.jpg

16067773447_953a394975_z.jpg

The sled with the forks is now guided without sharp edges so it cant hook into something. And some wheels should reduce the friction when the sled is moving.

Edited by efferman

Are you planning To increase the speed of the forks Movement? The look little bit slow ;) but I think yours will be a really good MOC due to this good start :3

I like how it looks now. I like how the parts were neatly positioned to work as a single mechanism while looking smooth and accurate with no excessive bits.

Eff, maybe you could try to put three blue 3L pins into the empty holes in the main structure. It may look more uniformed.

Eff, maybe you could try to put three blue 3L pins into the empty holes in the main structure. It may look more uniformed.

really you look at some details like that to judge one building? D: i'm being every day more worried about my entry due to other contestant, I'm not a professional builder, I'm feeling hopeless ahahah

really you look at some details like that to judge one building?

Is this a good or bad thing?

Hi,

Effe, does the forks stop at the half way point? Normally they would go all the way to the top. Other ways the mast would require a tall roof without any way of using the space...

Good progress thus far. Nice to see how different the three forklifts in the competition are.

-ED-

Is this a good or bad thing?

A good thing like those good builders that join this contest, there are really beautiful MOCs :wub: