antp

Winter Village: Santa's Storage Unit

Hello,

The title may sound weird, but I wanted to make a car parking lot and I had a thought: for the whole rest of the year, Santa has to store his sleigh somewhere. He can't just keep it parked in the street or in the garden.

So in December, it is time for him to take the sleigh out of his garage:

P1100739_2.JPG

(click for larger version)

One of the elves helped sweeping the snow for the tow truck.

Aerial view:

P1100741_2.JPG

Cars full of snow parked there:

P1100734_2.JPG

And when you have a convertible, better not forget putting the top:

P1100729_2.JPG

Q&A:

Why is the sleigh so badly designed? -> I don't know how to make something like that correctly, I wanted to use the one from the set 10245 "Santa's Workshop", but it has been forbidden in the contest rules

The tow truck looks quite familiar, is it just me? -> Indeed, I originally planned to use 60017 "Flatbed Truck", but for the same reason as above I had to replace it, so I made one with colors more in the theme, but I was influenced for the basis.

On MOCpages: http://mocpages.com/moc.php/402770

Edited by antp

Clever idea. As blocky as the storage units are, it fits quite well.

Keep up the good work.

It's always good to see someone think outside the box in these competitions and yours is definitely out there.

Good looking snow techniques, a little humour (although the woman with the convertible doesn't seem to see the funny side) and a structure & design that wouldn't look out of place in a Modular layout all your round (once the snow melts). I kind of like the idea of Santa's sleigh hiding in a lockup storage unit for 11 months of the year.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

I :wub: it......I can just see it now.....a new player in Storage Wars......Santa ! :laugh:

Excellent designing there, good luck and Brick On 'antp' ! :grin:

Haha... Really fun build

Not what you think of with christmas, but would fit really nice in every city.

Love it

Good looking snow techniques, a little humour (although the woman with the convertible doesn't seem to see the funny side) and a structure & design that wouldn't look out of place in a Modular layout all your round (once the snow melts). I kind of like the idea of Santa's sleigh hiding in a lockup storage unit for 11 months of the year.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Couldn't agree more! Very original.

Love the pee stain too :wink:

Keep clicking those bricks together!

Good one, love the colors used on that nice tow truck ;)

I am not sure the white was a very good choice here due to all the white parts already used for the snow, but others colors didn't go well with the azure, and I wanted to use that one to change from the usual colors.

Love the pee stain too :wink:

:D

Thanks for the comments!

Very cool. The snowed-in cars look great and the snowless ring under the tree is a nice touch.

Oh and of course "watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow!"

Yeah, sometimes you have to learn things the hard way. For example that yellow snow does not taste like lemon! :grin: Very, very original build. Funny scene, and I just love the odd colours, which are very different from those normally used in Winter Village sets.

Clever idea!! Looks the part too (as others have said it could fit right into a modern city scene) The details really bring it to life (the snowbound convertible made me smile!!) I just hope Santa keeps paying his rent on the unit!!

Nice work and good luck with the competition!!

I'm really liking the idea of a storage unit, that tow truck is great even if it is very similar to the set version, the addition of light blue really helps! Good job on the snowscaping too!

That's a very nice mini display! I love all the attention to detail like the snowless ring under the tree, the yellow snow and the way you created that thick covering of snow. Regarding the color of the truck: I think it was a good decision to use "cold" colors for it, as it keeps the focus on the open storage door and Santas sleigh!

Very well done, conratulations!

I think it was a good decision to use "cold" colors for it, as it keeps the focus on the open storage door and Santas sleigh!

Indeed, in the first version with the orange truck, the truck was much more noticeable, which wasn't so good since it is not the interest of the MOC here :)

Thanks!