imvanya

[LDD MOC] imvanya's 4x4s

Since I already have a special topic for my sports car MOCs, I thought having a separate topic for 4x4 MOCs as well would be nice. So without further ado, I present to you the first entry - a pickup truck. You can get the .lxf here (it has a different color scheme in the file).

15791952121_0af5648315_c.jpg

15795394362_4560308725_c.jpg

i. dark blue/reddish brown

ii. sand yellow

iii. dark green

iv. black

1. this one

2. Tow truck

Edited by imvanya

That is a very easy fix, and in the file there's a wide variety of wheel setups, from standard City wheels to larger Technic ones - I was experimenting with the clearance myself :classic:

I think this is one of your best creations 'imvanya'.......you wouldn't have it's .lxf file handy ? :wink:

Brick On LDD On 'imvanya' ! :grin:

Well, you've done it again.............designed a new and great looking vehicle for all our city layouts. :thumbup:

Luckily for me my bits and pieces arrived from BL :sweet: ............ "get me another cup of coffee"....... I've got some building to do :laugh:

I'll post pictures later today..........

Thanks everyone!

On 11/16/2014 at 2:01 PM, lightningtiger said:

.......you wouldn't have it's .lxf file handy ? :wink:

Here it is

Edited by imvanya

As I have decided to keep all of my City 4x4 MOCs in one topic I added an index with links to all of the relevant MOCs I've built so far. Hopefully it will be of some use to someone :classic:

Here's your truck in 'real bricks'..............

640x853.jpg

640x853.jpg

imvanya as you know you always can't build with the correct parts, because I just used them on another creation of yours. So the front end of your 4 x 4 is a little different from your design, but it came out looking good.

Now those wheels/tires, I struggled with this as I really didn't have the correct size for the vehicle. In the beginning they didn't look right.

Also I took out the door and used a panel on top of a brick replacing the door, so to 'up' it's position on the body. The truck cab looked too tall as originally designed, sorry :blush:

Now the truck looks much better especially when you have more equipment working around it............

640x853.jpg

640x853.jpg

This is what happens after a couple of cups of coffee and some old classic parts come together I had laying around.................my MOC of a Backhoe in Minifig scale.........

I've just finished a new one, the renders should be ready by tomorrow. I tried to make sure all of the parts exist, and it seems like LDDManager is finally on my side :classic:

As promised, the renders are ready:

15266437564_3d861cb297_c.jpg

15888699235_fcba28ccab_c.jpg

So, it is a tow truck, it can fit two minifigs and has a fake engine under the hood. It also has openable doors (they can be replaced with larger ones, but I am quite happy with the way they are). The trickiest part was the mechanism for locking the towing frame in a certain position, but I think I managed to make it work:

15703079197_2b1c1ce824_c.jpg

You can download the .lxf file here. The file contains a number of differences, mainly the winch control, and an alternative wheel setup.

UPD: PDF instructions for a slightly updated version are available at my Bricksafe here.

Edited by imvanya

I like these. One trick I found was using a slighter larger rim with those tires. I use this rim...

http://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=11208

and stretch those tires around it to look like...

w67JW9Cl.jpg

I think it looks nice and makes it more truck like, without making them huge.

...but you might have to build it in bricks since LDD won't let you stretch tires :)

Edited by droomangroup

I like these. One trick I found was using a slighter larger rim with those tires. I use this rim...

http://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=11208

and stretch those tires around it to look like...

w67JW9Cl.jpg

I think it looks nice and makes it more truck like, without making them huge.

...but you might have to build it in bricks since LDD won't let you stretch tires :)

They do look more proportionate, but I'll have to have them to use them :classic: