G'day. This is my entry to the Technic C-model contest. I borrowed :wink: my sons lego set and created this helicopter loosely based on the Apache helicopter.

I used the technic set 9394 Jet Plane 499 pcs, http://brickset.com/...394-1/Jet-Plane.

The biggest challenge was to make it different to other helicopters and with limited pieces, so I came up with the idea of a handle and trigger that the faster you pulled the trigger (lever) the faster the rotor would spin but still be able to be free spun. Then have removable weapons and be sturdy enough for kids. 4 days of play from 3 boys it still works.

1. Free Rotating rotor blades.

2. Removable swivel undercarriage gun.

3. Removable rocket/missile wing store pylons.

4. Retractable front main wheels.

5. Retractable handle for one handed use to lever to spin main rotor blades.

6. Geared and sprung lever to spin main rotor blades.

7. Movable pilotage system.

15076685443_7a295945ab_z.jpg9394 C Model Helicopter by jono.rocky, on Flickr

15511228080_7b1f8d17b2_z.jpg9394 C Model Helicopter by jono.rocky, on Flickr

15076684933_d056067662_z.jpg9394 C Model Helicopter by jono.rocky, on Flickr

15510646658_b8caa51027_z.jpg9394 C Model Helicopter by jono.rocky, on Flickr

15511227220_11cd32dc41.jpg9394 Left over pieces by jono.rocky, on Flickr

In case Lego accepts millitary topic, this one should be A-model. :thumbup:

It somehow looks like an AH-56.

lek0053.JPG

Thank you everyone for your comments. I'm working on the instructions for it and t how it works will makes sense and it uses the flex rod as a spring.I ran out of room inside it for geared landing gear. I will put them up after the contest finishes on this site if I can figure it out and also on my moc pages.

I like idea with trigger. It makes this helicopter different from all others I've seen before.

HI, I finally managed to watch your video. At first I thought "hey nice chopper" but this trigger handle really boosted my feelings about this one. It adds so much to the playability and makes it simply desirable to swoosh it through the air and make heli noises :)))

Really good one, I don't own the set, but if you plan to make instructions, I will certainly try to reproduce it, for my kids, and yes, for me also :grin:

HI, I finally managed to watch your video. At first I thought "hey nice chopper" but this trigger handle really boosted my feelings about this one. It adds so much to the playability and makes it simply desirable to swoosh it through the air and make heli noises :)))

Really good one, I don't own the set, but if you plan to make instructions, I will certainly try to reproduce it, for my kids, and yes, for me also :grin:

Im glad you enjoyed it. There will be instructions for it, I will have them ready when the comp ends. :classic:

That handle/trigger mechanism is genius. Looks fantastic too. Would love to see this modded with some pucker rotorblades once the contest is over.