Sign in to follow this  
jodawill

MOC – Unnamed pirate ship

pirates-indexed.gif 168B

First off, I apologize for the photos. I'm not a photographer. I did the best I could. :pir_wacko:

This is my very first pirate ship MOC ever. I've put a lot of hours into this, and I'm pleased with the results. I borrowed a few ideas from Red Beard Runner, such as the skull on the back. That was my favorite pirate ship when I was a kid, although I didn't own it until a couple years ago.

https://www.flickr.c...57645808353830/

Constructive criticism is welcome, especially for the masts. They don't stay on there very well. You may not be able to tell from the pictures, but I did do some modifications to the base of the masts, adding some Technic plates to the bottom. I also have long axles going through the masts. Neither of those things really helped at all.

I'm also still trying to come up with a name for it. :pir-classic:

Wow! This is great and I think the masts are fine pirate_satisfied.gif I like the landscape that you are displaying it on too

Thanks! I actually meant that the masts are unstable, though. I guess I'll just have to detach the masts for transportation in the future.

The small island in the earlier pictures was mine (I took it apart the same night I made it), but the larger landscape is part of David Gregory's castle display at Brickworld.

Nice looking pirate ship there, I especially like the skulls at the bow.

For the masts... what you could try is to use those rigging pieces for stabilization by tightly attaching them to the hull in some way. For transport, however, I suggest detaching them.

BTW, here's a name suggestion: 'The Skull Bounty' (don't take it seriously, though) pirate_laugh2.gif

Looks good - I like the skull too.

Photos are fine too. You might want to link them to this post by using the "Image" icon and by using the link to the picture. (There must be a tutorial for this somewhere ...)

Nice looking pirate ship there, I especially like the skulls at the bow.

For the masts... what you could try is to use those rigging pieces for stabilization by tightly attaching them to the hull in some way. For transport, however, I suggest detaching them.

BTW, here's a name suggestion: 'The Skull Bounty' (don't take it seriously, though) :pir-grin:

Yeah, I wanted to attach the rigging, but that would have required adding an extra layer of plates to the fences. I had never seen the fence pieces with four studs at the time I made the ship. I'm planning to buy some in my next order so I can do that.

Something related to the word skull would probably be good, but yeah, I'm definitely not using the word "bounty." :pir-laugh:

Looks good - I like the skull too.

Photos are fine too. You might want to link them to this post by using the "Image" icon and by using the link to the picture. (There must be a tutorial for this somewhere ...)

Yeah, I might have gotten some more responses if I had done that. :pir-blush: