Sign in to follow this  
Blakstone

MEC Category B: Pippin and the Barrow Downs

MEC Category B: Pippin and the Barrow Downs

Once Pippin got back from Gondor, it was too late. He had a taste for adventure and had to seek it out further. He decided to turn to the Barrow Downs that he, Frodo, Merry, and Sam wondered into on the way to Bree.

pippin_1.jpg

After wandering around one barrow, he came across the entrance.

pippin_2.jpg

After he moved the boulder aside, Pippin peered inside.

pippin_3.jpg

He spied the riches of a long ago lord or king.

pippin_4.jpg

Pippin grabbed one of the gold chalices lining the barrow to prove his tale to all the Brandbucks and Proudfoots in Hobbiton.

pippin_5.jpg

Pippin would have us to believe that the long dead king sprung to life and chase him with an enchanted blade, but any sensible hobbit would not believe a word of it. I don't know where he and his young friends went off to for so long but I am too wise to believe in returning kings, cave trolls, or even long dead kings guarding their goblets.

EDIT: I had started this MOC before the contest was announced. I released after I submitted it that it is 18 studs square, which is two studs too long each way. There was no easy way to slim it down so I decided to switch Bilbo for Pippin.

Edited by Blakstone

I would like to. I just couldn't figure out how to without sacrificing light. Maybe someday I will get a small photography studio like Just2good's.