This is the final build in the collab between myself and MKJoshA. I hope you enoyed it as much as I did.

Kabel inspired the floor design with the sweet custom sail on his ship, you can see it in the Challenge III topic.

Upon arriving in Valholl, Wyndor and Glorfindel went straight to the capitol building and once inside that they headed to the throne room itself.

Several nobles and officers of the army were discussing current matters and arguing different

strategies.

group.JPG

Elon Chorian and Steen Larsson were waiting to hear news of their travels...

talk.JPG

"It's good to see you two again," said Glorfindel.

"Likewise, I'm glad you weren't injured or waylaid on your mission," Elon replied.

"Now what do you have to report?"

Glorfindel reported: "Tension between different races and factions in Mitgardia is on the rise, but as of yet most are still willing to work against a common threat. How long they will maintain that attitude remains to be seen. Even now, some new change of events could move things toward a civil war.

The dwarves, if rumours be true, seem most likely to make a rash move and plunge Mitgardia into chaos. Reportedly they've been having many long councils in their great cities concerning the invasion of Avalonia."

"Yes, I have heard similar tidings," Larsson added.

"Then we must look into the matter, we need definite proof that the dwarves are plotting to attack Avalonia before we can intervene. In the meantime be on your guard and do what you can to promote unity," Elon ordered.

More pictures:

overview.JPG

Without figs:

figs.JPG

The bear paw insignia:

paw.JPG

Noble and Officer figs:

figs.JPG

C&C appreciated :classic:

Lovely build, soccerkid!

I really like the stained glass windows and the candles, but my favorite part is that beautiful bear paw insignia. :wub: You have to teach me how to build that.

Overall, excellent job. It is an honour having such a skilled builder with us in Mitgardia :classic:

Fantastic creation soccerkid! :thumbup:

I really love the sigil of Mitgardia on the floor, that looks great but the rest of the room is nice too.

It is also great to see that you have added the GoH characters from some other eurobricks members.

But isn't there something missing on the table next to the throne? At least it looks like that there is missing something because of the studs.

Edited by Wat Tambor

So....not sure there is anything that I would change in this! The clean build is great, it really looks like a majestic newly built throne room. The windows, the furniture it is all great. The only question I would have is also what Wat brought up...was there something else that was supposed to go there? Not that it looks bad, but just not as clean as the rest of the build. I love it, great job!

Lovely build, soccerkid!

I really like the stained glass windows and the candles, but my favorite part is that beautiful bear paw insignia. :wub: You have to teach me how to build that.

Overall, excellent job. It is an honour having such a skilled builder with us in Mitgardia :classic:

Thanks Sir Gareth! The bear paw insignia is sideways plates and bricks, from the picture you should be able to see how to do it.

Fantastic creation soccerkid! :thumbup:

I really love the sigil of Mitgardia on the floor, that looks great but the rest of the room is nice too.

It is also great to see that you have added the GoH characters from some other eurobricks members.

But isn't there something missing on the table next to the throne? At least it looks like that there is missing something because of the studs.

Thanks Wat, and yes that table was supposed to have some stuff on it :blush: probably food. I didn't notice it was empty until I was editing pictures.

Very cool build SK. The bear claw mosaic on the floor is awesome. :thumbup:

Thanks, that's my favorite part too, I think I'll keep the mosaic together a while :classic:

So....not sure there is anything that I would change in this! The clean build is great, it really looks like a majestic newly built throne room. The windows, the furniture it is all great. The only question I would have is also what Wat brought up...was there something else that was supposed to go there? Not that it looks bad, but just not as clean as the rest of the build. I love it, great job!

Thanks Kayne! And yeah that table should have stuff on it...

This is great! What I really want to know is how you got the shields on the border to sit flush. It's a neat effect.

Thanks Carson, that technique was invented by DaMaximus, you use a 1x2 panel set the shield on it then put a 1x4 arch over top. With these shields I had to add a clip to the handle to keep them in place, with regular shields the vertical handle holds them snugly :classic:

Great build SK, the stained glass is great and so are the details along the walls! I like all the maps and such along the tables as well, :thumbup: The bear claw is a really good addition, though it's a touch blocky, but that probably can't be helped with the size.

Awesome, SK. I like that this throne room feels entirely Mitgardian, right down to the humble chair. Mitgardians are not ostentious folk!

This is all incredible down to the last bit! The bear paw, of course, the candles, the windows (I envy your trans green), and the simple green and yellow flags behind the throne. I'm privileged to have my sigfig among such ostentatious folk!

Great Mitgardian throne room, SK!

The bear paw mosaic looks nice. I think the banners and axes work well over the chair. I also agree that the lack of ridiculous decorations makes it fit Mitgardia well. Keep things plain and practical, I say. The tile SNOT columns are very nice. My favorite detail is the hinge bricks in the top corner of the wall. They add a great greebling effect.

I really cannot see anything I would improve on (other than the empty studs on the table that were mentioned by others). This is a detailed yet simple and clean build.

Brick on, SK!

Really awesome! I really like the stained glass windows! The shields on the sides of the MOC are awesome!

Awesome throne room, SK, excellent details, especially the ensigna, windows, throne and axes!

The tables and candles are nice as well; cool minifigs and story tying it in with the current events :wink:

Great conclusion to the collab :thumbup:

Very nice room, especially the mosaic :classic:

I like that gathering of minifigs also!

Thanks Carson, that technique was invented by DaMaximus, you use a 1x2 panel set the shield on it then put a 1x4 arch over top. With these shields I had to add a clip to the handle to keep them in place, with regular shields the vertical handle holds them snugly :classic:

Thanks! I knew how to hang normal shields, I just never tried it with these!

Issac, that bear print is incredible! :wub_drool:

Mitgardians are not ostentious folk!

I'm privileged to have my sigfig among such ostentatious folk!

:roflmao:

Nice job on the windows and the frames. And great bear claw! Like the others, I like the clean, simple design of Mitgardian architecture!

Awesome! Love the bear insignia, it looks amazing! And everything is cool, the figs (I need the Hun) look very nice!

snapback.pngmccoyed, on 16 October 2014 - 05:32 PM, said:

Mitgardians are not ostentious folk!

snapback.pngMKJoshA, on 16 October 2014 - 06:41 PM, said:

I'm privileged to have my sigfig among such ostentatious folk!

:roflmao:

Yeah, totally wasn't thinking when I posted that... :blush:

Quite a nice build Soccerkid! The floor is just excellent with the bear claw mosaic! Also like those windows, and how you did the axes and tapestry behind the throne.