darksheep

Lego Power Functions Buggy mash up

I just started using rebrickable and was taking look at what I could build and came across a few cool buggy’s.

The problem I had was that all of them needed the old yup of steering arms and I don’t have any.

So I thought to myself why not try take all the things I like about the varicose buggy’s and make my own one.

This is the first M.O.C I will be posting :classic: , I am not 100% happy with it but until have time to take more things apart for parts this will do for now.

M.O.C's I got inspiration from

Sand Racer

PF buggy

Dune buggy

This is the result below. It’s a mash up of different peoples M.O.C’s and my own idea and limited part library.

15328061099_b4a9d149b5_c.jpg

15328263568_e1034a3719_c.jpg

15328346278_6799ac370e_c.jpg

15491824176_01ea241ed6_c.jpg

Edited by Alasdair Ryan
Added Pictures

I like it. How does it performs? Seems like the driver will not have a good view with that tilted cabin...

It is fast for a PF car , if I had RC motors it might be quicker,but one problem is that if you go from 0 to full acceleration the car wheel spins a bit on carpet and tiles.

I think its cause its a bit light,but it makes it fun to drive I will try make a video soon.

Well, I always have the same problem, but that is not your fault but your wheel's fault, because LEGO wheels don't have too many grip.

I built several of the buggy models on rebrickable and I seem to recall that the the Sand Racer didn't require any a-arms.

Nawww you forgot my buggy! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

There seems to be a need for a cool buggy with more assessable parts, but the problem there is normal BB don't give enough power to make buggy's go fast and have torque.

Where the RC unit does. :blush:

Nawww you forgot my buggy! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

There seems to be a need for a cool buggy with more assessable parts, but the problem there is normal BB don't give enough power to make buggy's go fast and have torque.

Where the RC unit does. :blush:

Sorry I have seen it and it is very cool especially the color , but I don't have any rc motors . If I had some I would build it :)