Sign in to follow this  
Adolfo

MEC Category B: The River Gate of Osgiliath

Hello, my dear AFOLs!

This is my entry for the Middle Earth contest, category B.

The basic concept here is to show the city of Osgiliath after the strong attack it suffered in the past by Orcs from the south river that cross the region. In an attempt to avoid future problems, a gate was built to control the passage. It became an important trading route, protecting part of the city at the same time that honor the memory of the heroes in the battle, following the Gondor architecture style, one of my favorites in all Middle Earth.

You can check my Flickr to see more pictures about it and check my other creations.

15477534691_00d4d8e7ba_z.jpg

The River Gate of Osgiliath 2 by Adolfo LUG Brasil, on Flickr

15480323182_f50b67c477_z.jpg

The River Gate of Osgiliath 1 by Adolfo LUG Brasil, on Flickr

15480305082_c925c8fb11_z.jpg

The River Gate of Osgiliath 6 by Adolfo LUG Brasil, on Flickr

15293771209_38be360c0d_z.jpg

The River Gate of Osgiliath 5 by Adolfo LUG Brasil, on Flickr

15480298352_f50271726c_z.jpg

The River Gate of Osgiliath 8 by Adolfo LUG Brasil, on Flickr

15294076067_ed8cbcce8a_c.jpg

The River Gate of Osgiliath details by Adolfo LUG Brasil, on Flickr

Edited by Adolfo

Nice build, the statues are cool, but if you wanted to improve it you could make the walls a bit more ruined, or maybe incorporate some different colours into it.

The statues and the railings are very nice. I also like the color. This is supposed to be long enough after the wars that everything is built back up, correct? Good job on this first entry in category B!

Very nice and clean build. I like that little balcony with the king. Who is that king anyway?

Nice build, the statues are cool, but if you wanted to improve it you could make the walls a bit more ruined, or maybe incorporate some different colours into it.

Thanks! Your idea is good and I used it in other MOC I created recently for a contest at LUG Brasil (check my Flickr and search for Ruins of Gondor), but in this case, I wanted to give this MOC a image of a new building, following the concept of the category B of Middle Earth Contest.

The statues and the railings are very nice. I also like the color. This is supposed to be long enough after the wars that everything is built back up, correct? Good job on this first entry in category B!

Thanks! You are right. Actually, my original idea was create the bridge a little longer, but I do not have the right bricks to do it and the bricks I have are not enough for now. I wish I could do it.

Very nice and clean build. I like that little balcony with the king. Who is that king anyway?

Thanks! This balcony is one of my favorite too. I'm happy you liked. We can imagine that this King is the son of Aragorn many years later in the future. Deal? :wink:

Edited by Adolfo