Sign in to follow this  
Eothein

Lego Universe Trailer!

Trailer linky-me-do

Not bad, its seems to be quite an interetsing concept at least, who doesn't want to live the life of a mini-fig? I'm not quite sure about the "darklings," they seem out of place. Still this could be a great game and is absolutly on my "too buy" list for now.

It doesn't look at all like the actual finished game (beside the cahracter selection). It's much more like rendred 3d.

Still I can't wait :-D

It doesn't look at all like the actual finished game (beside the cahracter selection). It's much more like rendred 3d.

Still I can't wait :-D

Hence it being a concept ;-). Still for being concept it's looks pretty sweet *y*

Not sure what I think of it yet. I liked the concept pictures, I like Lego Star Wars (that is the games), but I have never been a big fan of open-ended games; I just wonder what is the point? It seems odd to me to spend time improving a virtual life when your real one is going down the toilet... Hopefully more will become clear when the game is ready.

Woah. X-O Now that is cool! Lego workshop, exo force, battles, awesome character making.... oh man, I so want to play this when it comes out. Looks like TLC may have another hit game coming! *sweet*

Hilarious! Thanks for that link, Eothein, it really looks very lovely and funny to me.... Promising! *y*

Looks promising indeed. I wonder if it's for PC only?

Yes, it is ;-)

That's awesome, thanks for the link! Loved that "Darkling battle" 8-

I suppose it's the only disadvantage of being a Mac owner; hardly any games for it. Aaargh. :-/

I suppose it's the only disadvantage of being a Mac owner; hardly any games for it. Aaargh. :-/

Er...whoops! My mistake, I'm sorry. I thought you meant as in "vs. Wii/xbox360, etc." :-$ I do not know if it's PC only, but I'd bet for it. Very few games come up for a Mac, and usually long after their PC counterparts

I think that's a fair reward for using macs X-D But still you got warcraft 3 exactly at the same time as PC users so it's not all bad (ok that was 5 years ago, but still... X-D )

I feel your pain (ex Mac owner) but you could always run Bootcamp if you've got an Intel based Mac: Bootcamp linky. Still it maybe ported to other systems in the future, well I say maybe I mean hopefully.

I'm cautiously optimistic. The trailer was most excellent and the graphics and humor were spot on. The voices didn't do it for me, however I noticed that in the beginning segment that a few fig heads from older sets were shown. Any elements from "older" sets is a always a nice surprise.

I wonder just how many discontinued elements this game will contain. Stuff like the "pitchfork" and those tall green trees would be most welcome as well as all of the old hinge components.

Looks great, although I hope the graphics can be set lower, my computer would l-a-g with that! But I really want it, it looks great. It would be cool if you could have mechas for vehicles too. :-D I saw that Fire Vulture in the trailer...

The javaspeak is a little confusing but I like the town a lot! Did I see a steampunk floating around above the buildings? Why would I ask that. I did see a steampunk floating around above the buildings. Cool beans! Can anyone tell what the darkling's war hammer is made of? It's brick-built and it looks cool.

I suppose if my mini-figs spoke I'd rather them sound unintelligible like jawas. I'd hate to hear their opinions on things, criticizing my MOCs and asking for air conditioning and junk. Then again if they spoke at all, that'd really freak my megablock...

I just noticed: The first torso in the MF creation thing is a sayian (Sp?) from Dregon Ball Z. I think his name is Vegetta? Or something like that. In fact, I think I reconised a few others as being from DBZ...

I just noticed: The first torso in the MF creation thing is a sayian (Sp?) from Dregon Ball Z. I think his name is Vegetta? Or something like that. In fact, I think I reconised a few others as being from DBZ...

is it the muscle torso with scars?

8-| I hope the torso I just described exists because I clearly see it in my head and if it's not real, I think it may be time to look into in-home care...

The Saiya-jin torsos were customs along with several others. You probably noticed many customs there, many of which belonged to Nick Great. He has a fantastic Vegeta

The Saiya-jin torsos were customs along with several others. You probably noticed many customs there, many of which belonged to Nick Great. He has a fantastic Vegeta

For those who don't know ('cause I didn't)

From wikipedia: Vegeta (ベジータ, Bejīta?) or Prince Vegeta is a fictional character, supervillain, anti-hero and later superhero in the anime and manga series Dragon Ball created by the famous mangaka Akira Toriyama. Vegeta makes a guest appearance in Toryiama's self parody called Neko Majin Z. He is the prince of the near-extinct fictional alien race called the Saiyans. For much of Dragon Ball Z, he is seen to be the arch-rival of Son Goku but eventually becomes a respected ally and friend before the series ends.

His name can be considered a pun on either vegetable or the condiment vegeta.

So is Nick Great helping to design LEGO Universe? Is there a place we can see his customs? Thanks for the info S4J and by the way your sig (mr snugglepuff) always makes me laugh...

No, I believe they just featured his work because he they were so impressed by it. Check out his gallery here

I think whether or not they'll use any of it is still in the air, but I know many MCNers are against it.

is it the muscle torso with scars?

8-| I hope the torso I just described exists because I clearly see it in my head and if it's not real, I think it may be time to look into in-home care...

No, it's the one he starts with, the blue with white armor. OT: Book 41 just came out in Norway. *sweet*

Edited by UniqueBuilder