Sign in to follow this  
LucasLaughing

[SoNE Ep VI] Flight of the Birdman

Sarge and I had only been back on the Avenger for a few hours when the Captain came in.

15345474582_a9fa52794a_o.jpg

Captain Parth: I’ve got a mission for you two. One of ISB’s deep cover agents on Bothawui has been compromised. They don’t have any assets currently in the area, and I don’t mind having ISB owe us a favor.

15106909850_d4a31525b3_o.jpg

The Sarge: You want us to rescue their agent?

Captain Parth: Yes. Your objectives are to destroy a pair of anti-air positions so that we can land reinforcements, then link up with the agent and keep him alive until the reinforcements arrive. Oh, and keep an eye out for the bounty hunter while you’re there.

15293236442_4197e60ea3_o.jpg

Birdman: Roger. How will we get past the AA ourselves?

Captain Parth: We’ll insert you via wingsuit. You’ll drop from a ship at high altitude, then glide down to the target. The suits have a stealth coating and silent repulsorlifts, so you should be all but invisible to their defenses.

The Sarge: Sounds good. Do we have an image file of the agent in questions?

Captain Parth: Negative, but I’ve uploaded a list of possible rendezvous points into your datapads. Once you’re on the ground, the agent will let you know where to meet. He, or she, will also use one of several code phrases, depending on the situation. I’ve also uploaded those onto your datapads. Get suited up, your shuttle leaves in thirty minutes.

Several hours later, on Bothawui...

15342563031_9be8391aa1_c.jpg

I love these wingsuits. I've put in enough practice hours that it almost feels like an extension of my own body. As I approach the target, my training takes over and my hands seem to move of their own accord.

15345435702_be59f34645_c.jpg

Left hand activates the repulsorlifts and brings me to a near hover. Right hand activates 1 of 2 harness release switches.

Right hand puts suit into standby hover mode.

Left hand activates second harness release switch, and now I’m free of the wingsuit. As I land, I eject my vibroblade from my right wrist gauntlet.

15345736445_400e9eec99_c.jpg

I neutralize the first guard, even as I sense the second guard reacting and going for his sidearm.

He’s fast…

15159162348_6241ab4b27_c.jpg

...but I'm faster.

15159034900_c070dde583_c.jpg

I drag the second guard out of the way and go through the checklist.

The wingsuit doesn’t have enough power to get me airborne again, but it does have a handy self-destruct charge. I’ll set it for proximity as I leave.

An ISB security spike downloads the contents of the targeting computer onto my datapad. I cut the power cable to the AA turret, collect the guards’ weapons, and get ready to move.

15159157608_65463eea22_c.jpg

The Sarge: Status?

Birdman: Objective complete.

The Sarge: Meet me at RV point Bravo Gamma Three.

Birdman: Copy. Out.

I check my datapad; the RV point is just a few blocks from here. I slip into the shadows. Time to go hunting.

To be continued.....

Update- part two posted: Bothawui Battle Blues

----------------------------------------------------

The building:

15159031140_1a52817f49_c.jpg

Edited by LucasLaughing

Awesome throat cut. Goatm approves. I really like how clean and modern the architecture is. A little foliage wouldn't hurt though, and maybe open up the back of the building to show off some more details.

Awesome scene and is that the little tiara piece for the blood?

Thanks! And good eye, that is the tiara piece.

Simple build, but absolutely stunning minifig posing!

Simple? B-but I used so many jumper plates :look:

You're right, though, there's nothing too elaborate about the architecture. Thanks for the compliment on the fig posing; that's something I always try to pay attention to.

Gratuitous violence does not feel like Star Wars to me, but it's still cool. Nice work!

Thanks! I think Star Wars is filled with gratuitous violence, ie severed hands and heads (or watch the ROTJ space battle and start counting how many people are on the capitol ships) but the violence is often sanitized and/or bloodless. I don't want to portray war as being clean or bloodless, however...

Awesome throat cut. Goatm approves. I really like how clean and modern the architecture is. A little foliage wouldn't hurt though, and maybe open up the back of the building to show off some more details.

Thank you! The throat cut is silent, quick and relatively painless. Good call on the foliage; I'm incorporating both that and an open back into my imminent freebuild :classic:

As a sidenote, I used this picture from wookiepedia as the inspiration for my architecture:

BothawuiCity.jpg

Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bothawui

Edited by LucasLaughing