This moc came in two slings. First I have build the pulling unit, a Scania R730 series, with 2 PF engines. The updated version was the transfer into a cooling unit, and therefor changed the roof geometry to a more precise design and additional spoiler. Then came the dolly and the Ekeri reefer trailer. As it was always my wish to make a truck inspired on Scandinavian custom trucks with lots of airbrushes, i merged my Photo editing hobby with my Lego one, on this one. Not for the purist, but it boosted my own creativity, and that is what counts for me.

For those interrested, the specs:

Pulling unit: Scania R730 V8 long chassis

Scale : 1:16

Bricks : Approx 2600

Weight : 3.2 kg

Length : 59 cm (including bullbar)

Width : 16.5 cm (including mirrors)

Height : 26 cm (including spoiler)

Wheels : type 32020, 62.4

Drivetrain : 6x4, driven by XL PF engine with heavy reduction.

Steering: : medium PF engine, geared down as well.

Cabin : tiltable to 60 degrees, working doors, fully equipped interior.

Dragons : Printed sticker foil, edited from pictures found on the web in high resolution. Web pictures heavily modified by myself with color overlays,additional layers, filters and matched with output Lego CMYK values.

Trailer: Ekeri refregirated trailer with Carrier cooling unit on dolly

Scale : 1:16

Bricks : Approx 1600

Weight : 2.3 kg

Length : 78.5 cm (including Carrier cooler)

Width : 14.8 cm

Height : 25.7 cm

Wheels : type 32020, 62.4

Dragons : Printed sticker foil, edited from pictures found on the web in high resolution. Web pictures heavily modified by myself with color overlays,additional layers, filters and matched with output Lego CMYK values.

Misc:

Chrome : true metal plated bricks and wheels in cooperation with Erik from Bricks4all.nl

Sticker foils : special industrial quality adhesive foil, and a big thanks to my buddy Rene, who printed them at his company

Foil application : My wife has put them on, because i did not have the guts :-)

7456205660_2d46f0971d_b.jpg

7456203554_2181d29a0a_b.jpg

7456203806_7ddc26b480_b.jpg

7456204690_1146e53c0f_b.jpg

7456204418_4d753bcb54_b.jpg

7456203168_d23a745d67_b.jpg

And a wip picture with some refference inspiration from a Ristimaa Scania from Finland.

7003061878_8a26e366fb_b.jpg

Edited by Bricksonwheels

that is really good looking :thumbup::sweet:

this setup got legal in denmark about a year ago, so they are getting more and more common, but not with any special paintjob, because it is only big companies who use them, and they want them cheap. :classic:

Edited by matias bendtsen

I think this is one of your best works of art. Nicely done as always. Can the truck pull both trailers? Do you have a video?

tim

Very nice! Would be nice to also bring it to LEGOWorld Zwolle!

Thank you for all the kind words! This truck will be on display at Lego Fanwelt 2012 in Colgone, Germany in November.

Legoworld in Holland i have been as a visitor, but it is not really my show. I prefer the more Afol, or truck related shows to put my work on display.

WOW, VERY nice, and lots of shiny! :sweet:

I wish I had more shiny. :hmpf_bad:

I also wish I had a few more bricks. I have 60000+ parts, and only 2 black 2x4's! :blush:

That is seriously incredible! I had to look carefully for a couple of seconds before I realised that it was indeed made out of LEGO! *oh2*:classic: