All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. rebelpilot

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

It's the Alfred Pennyworth/Orient Express Waiter Tuxedo, swap the white gloved hands for flesh and you've got the Gringotts/Vault GWP Goblin torso. The dark orange torso is the exclusive Misako torso from the Ninjago City Gardens.
  3. Today
  4. Fenghuang0296

LEGO Dreamzzz 2024 Rumours and Discussion

Okay, in addition to those three, we’ve got Castle Nocturnia and the Nightmare Creatures. Which, thankfully, does include Doom-Blob. Nightmare Creatures is a three-in-one where the main build is a smaller raven (to accompany the massive one I guess), the B-build is a winged nightmare version of Z-Blob the Robot (very ‘fallen angel’, I love it) and the C-build is one of those Nightmare Wolves we saw in the first season but never had a set of. The leftover pieces also get used for some terrain, which is so much better than just having random parts left over like like sets from the first two waves had. But Castle Nocturnia is incredible. Completely gorgeous, with fascinating sideways construction, and you can rotate it in different ways to make different towers the ‘top’. It’s a pity it only has three ‘sides’ but I’m okay with that. If I can find a place to put it, I definitely want it. ❤️❤️❤️ As for the other three, they’re all various degrees of ‘meh’? Can’t say I really care about a bigger animal build for Izzy when I’ve got Bunchu already - though the rebuild options for this one are definitely better and more varied. Good toy, good parts pack, but unlikely to be for me (unless I have an idea for a MOC involving its parts maybe). Logan’s mech panda is pretty neat but both of its figures are in other sets and I still kind of hate him as a character so unless S2 gives him a lot of redemption it’s probably a pass for me. Same for Zoey’s bike, though I’ll admit that this one is very stylish and I might get it just as a starting point for a MOC. Especially because Zoey’s secret agent look is very clean and I kinda wanna army build it just a little bit.
  5. evancelt

ERA III - Coming Summer 2024

We should try to convince Donnie too :)
  6. Samarth

[POLL] The Next BIG LEGO Pirates Contest

Why not have all four ideas as the basis? Individual MOCs are judged on their individual designs anyway. And it gives builders a wider choice…
  7. Vedauwoo

ERA III - Coming Summer 2024

Hrmmmm......maybe I might need to get back into this.... .....and update my signature... lolz
  8. Lyichir

Is It Possible To Reintroduce Old Sets?

They didn't bring retired parts back for Legends, either, which was the part of the issue—the demand for rereleases of the old sets, which would inherently always be less authentic than the original sets, and would have to compete with both more advanced modern sets and with the authentic originals on the aftermarket... that's a heck of a lot of limitations to overcome. Probably even more limitations today, when the sets that were old in the early 2000s are now even older, with even more retired parts and fewer adult fans who actually remember them from when they were kids. Lego has definitely still managed to capitalize on nostalgia in more strategic ways, with updated redesigns like the Galaxy Explorer and Eldorado Fortress or spiritual successors like the Lion Knights' Castle, which can activate those same sorts of nostalgic memories while also being more modern, polished designs with broader appeal. I'm not convinced at all that straight rereleases would be able have that kind of appeal, any more than they did the last time Lego gave it a shot.
  9. Lyichir

2024 Space sets

Personally I'm not sure a dedicated prosthetic arm piece is totally necessary–there was a clunky sci-fi prosthetic in the old Agents theme, and hooks exist for historic prosthetics in themes like pirates. For realistic modern prosthetics, realistically the simplified form factor of a normal minifigure arm could probably still suffice in many cases (maybe in a different color or with printing to make it look more artificial). Then again, Friends recently introduced Autumn (a character with a limb difference) and a prosthetic hand piece for her, so I guess something similar could potentially be done for minifigures as well.
  10. All the more reasons to go back to Power Function.
  11. Lego Nostalgia

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Republic Armor Crosshair ? even though he has that suit again in Season 3.
  12. Lego Nostalgia

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

I'm more of an Official Purist guy plus those aren't pad printed.
  13. The red panda and panda sets are both fantastic and I love that they include the evil version of the characters with the regular versions. I also love that Izzy's Dream Creatures also comes with a normal red panda from the upcoming city sets. The mech-like panda build is so great. Based on the way the set is named, it seems to imply that Logan might turn into it but it could also just be his dream creature like all the other characters have. Also, I love that the panda has bamboo armor and a bamboo blaster!
  14. MaximillianRebo

My guess would be Bix from Andor.
  15. McMurder_them_softly

https://www.brickfanatics.com/inside-lego-star-wars-the-force-of-creativity In case anyone wants a sneak peak at the book. I am still undecided myself.
  16. Yesterday
  17. Mandalorianknight

Thank the maker! Now we just have to figure out what the hell the 1984 qoute is. No way it's caravan of courage, so my guess now is a brainwashed character- and probably not a clone given how many that would apply to. Tseebo? (of course not, but a man can dream)
  18. Classic_Spaceman

Lego City 2024

I would not be surprised if the crooks’ hideout can just snap onto the left side of the harbour.
  19. Mandalorianknight

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

This is a very very important distinction. I guarantee you lego would not have put echo in the CMF if they knew it would be TV-MA. I get that. On the bright side, you know firestar's going to have "Multiversal Claw Man" and "Multiversal Wall-Breaker" figures right after the release of that film.
  20. Black Falcon

Is It Possible To Reintroduce Old Sets?

With how Lego went wrong and how they fixed it you mean when Lego struggled and not legends in particular, I guess? I am pretty sure if they would bring out legends Sets now, they would sell way better than they did back then. However it is very unlikely they would do that now since as already stated they won´t bring retired parts back for this and are already bringing back sets with more or less modernisations.
  21. Can you post a photo of the model, especially the steering mechanism? Might be a mechanical issue with underdesigned steering mechanism.
  22. The outputs ("power holes") are placed in the rear between the single holders, they are driven by red colored gears, which makes sense with the PU system. In the rear between the mechanical outputs I expect to be a usb C charge port.
  23. Classic_Spaceman

2024 Space sets

It sort of feels like a “year 2” addition to the spacesuits; the astronauts encounter hostile wildlife or journey deep underground and need extra armour for protection. As for how to incorporate it, my plan is to use it mainly for the command colours, as I have not been able to find decent backpacks to use to make them into divisions of their own (and I have an increasing number of dark blues!). I was never sure whether to interpret his arm as a prosthetic or just as additional armour (since it matched the drill that he holds). As an aside, we really need a proper prosthetic arm piece! I agree; the lack of a reddish orange arm is my only real issue with that torso.
  24. I just built 42163 yesterday and enjoyed it. So it was already a good purchase, but now it's even better with your great Wall-E build Thanks for sharing!
  25. eric_son_of_joseph

Kilchurn Castle

I agree with others, this is beautiful. It's amazing that you created this in 7 months. That's some serious building skills. Thank you very much for sharing it!
  26. Lyichir

2024 Space sets

Very good thoughts. Maybe I will end up making a BAM purchase when these roll around. Interpreting the torso as a more "casual" jumpsuit does make it more appealing to me, and that armor really does look fantastic (even though I still feel like choosing between it and the existing backpack/armor pieces feels like a tough choice. As an aside, the titanium metallic left arm isn't totally out of the ordinary since the construction team commander has a titanium metallic right arm, which I'd interpreted as possibly a prosthetic (since it didn't match the color scheme of the other two commanders). The titanium metallic on the Futuron-esque torso looks fine to me though what would really elevate that torso, in my opinion, would be if the right arm were reddish orange to match that side of the torso print. Unfortunately I think reddish orange still has yet to be used for fig parts aside from printing.
  1. Load more activity