All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Uhhhh.... Not sure how that would be "awesome" Lego would never include a corpse in a set that isn't a skeleton anyways - especially not if it's as gruesome as Barb's
  3. Yup, it totally is the Junior Woodchucks guide book!
  4. No problem, dropping out of building-mode is something that happens to all of us once in a while (well, almost all of us, I think, )! In my own experience, one of the best ways to get motivated/started on builds is looking over some of the great stuff which other builders have done, especially in the genre that you're wanting inspiration from. The Guilds of Historica and Mitgardia groups on Flickr might be a good place to start, and for less specific but more handpicked builds you could check out my personal favorite builds, or scan the photostreams of some of GoH's great builders from the past (and present) - e.g., Ecc, DC, MassEditor, Gideon, SK, etc., etc. The other good drivers are starting storyline collabs with other builders and just drawing inspiration from the books, pictures, and movies you see and read and turning them into LEGO builds. I'm sure there are other ways as well, but if you start with all of those it ought to get some of the creative juices flowing!
  5. HalfBloodPrince

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors, Wishlists and Discussion

The only thing i am wondering if there will be 2 waves.
  6. RogueTwo

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors and discussion

That would be clever, but I doubt anyone at TLG is thinking that hard about it. Even if they are, most fans aren't on our level, and wouldn't see the point.
  7. Dryden Vos or L3-37 in 2020?
  8. JoeChu1980

[MOC] Tatooine Building - Simple House [TAT01]

nice simplified building, captured that planet's color scheme. Do you design it as one part of your Tatooine town? Guess it will be modulization. my 2 cents: how about adding some relevant color scheme plates on the ground casually, make the terrian more wild.
  9. Such a great sweater for Pernilla. It's magical isn't it? And that hippooo made a statement that's odd.
  10. Renny The Spaceman

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

From last years Blue leader and this years Luke I think it's safe to say the reason LEGO's ditched the unique santa figures is for just normal exclusive characters
  11. RandomSniper109

as it will most likely be around 5 to 7 sets spanning the whole year, either two waves or one big wave, i am hoping this would lead to 3 sets from yr 5 and 3 from yr 6, and hopefully if they carry the same trend as previous years we will get 1-2 set in the £10 - £20 range 1-2 sets in the £30 - £50 range and 1 - 2 in the £60 - £100 range
  12. rskamen

[GBC] Akiyuki Ball Factory

Probably can do the ball return much like you did the ball loader ramp on the Invisible Lift, using the 3mm x 11 tubes, or the corrugated silver tubes (the ones used in the elevator). That would simplify things and eliminate more mechanical links and possible issues. I am still pretty much a novice, but if I can help you in any way with creating instructions, of help you with funding some of the work, it would be my pleasure.
  13. rather have 1 big 2000 piece house than 2 shitty ones
  14. Legoniche

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors and discussion

Initially I thought that Harry’s mid legs from the CMF series could work nicely on Yule ball Harry but it would look odd if no one else had leg printing
  15. suffocation

[MOC] morbidly obese crawler crane

Thank you my friend! Thanks! The old crawler crane is long gone; the rough terrain crane, on the other hand, isn't going anywhere soon, especially because it is technically far, far more advanced and fun to play with than its crawler counterpart.
  16. Today
  17. I would like to know though the book huey is holding is it the woodchuck guide book
  18. DangAndBlast

Fairground Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Interesting. This makes two sets now (the other being the hospital) where I like the Friends version better, much to my surprise!
  19. TheGlynreaper

2019 Friends Sets - Rumors and Discussion

I agree at how amazing that restaurant is and the water park themed ride is fantastic too
  20. Brickey34

LEGO Creator 2019 - Rumors, Discussion, and Speculation

I hear you, makes sense. All I can see is something like this:
  21. I_Igor

Mechbuilds Projects

@Mechbuilds I suggest you to get Android based mobile phone so you can easily upgrade it to newer version that is working with PC...at least I have decided not to use iPhone and bitten Apples Good luck
  22. Still too soon, man. A corpsey version of Barb would be awesome, let's face it. I think it's entirely more likely they would just include parts to swap out and decorate the house with to make it the upside down version rather than include two houses.
  23. Balrogofmorgoth

There are three things right off the bat that I wonder about the 2020 Harry Potter sets (since before you had mentioned a 2020 discussion). Will there be 2 waves like there are this year (even though wave 2 is very small)? Will it keep up the trend of 2 films at a time, 2020 being films 5-6? And will we get CMF series 2? These are probably the main things to speculate about at this point
  24. JoeChu1980

[N10 - Commenor - TCR] Dukoolar's Reassignment

Some fun ideas beside the scenes: EP1 encouraged participators to image a fun MOC of characters living, and our faction @Commander Beltar built a luxurious mansion, I thought it will be a good location to perform my vision, so replicated one corner. And my vision is, it's a multi-players RPG, members' story line come crossing will more active, thus I tried to involve myself stories with teammates. And the soul of all stories, are the characters. So I think it will be fun to collect your teammates or even further opponents. BTW, to enrich a Mid. -Min. scale imperial fleet, beside ISD and Gozanti class, Min. Arquitens Class Cruiser was simulated, by refer. a pic from Brick_Womb.
  25. SassQueen

Fairground Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I think this is definitely one that I would get two copies of and set up with the other, bigger fairground sets.
  26. As a fan of LEGO's various space themes, I've been anticipating these, as I dig the neo-realism that the City Space theme brings. That said, overall I think these are done well. The few nitpicks I have are: 1)The new grabber which is quite large, out-of-scale, and not nearly so elegant as the old CS grabber (parts 4221 and 4220) 2) the reuse of the old single piece space helmet and backpack. An update allowing for the helmet to be separate would be welcome 3) Perhaps a bit nitpicky, but the rover just seems a bit plain, albeit far nicer looking than the actual NASA Mars rover concept. I think its playability would have been somewhat enhanced if it had articulated steering, or some sort of limited working suspension, and 4) more a question of semantics, but the Moonbase name would indicate a ground base rather than an orbital station, which is what this seems to be. Orbital Station would have been a better name, as it's more accurate and doesn't tie it to any particular celestial body. Critiques aside, I like the near-future look of everything. The addition of a Robo-naut is pretty cool, and hearkens back to those simple bots we got with the old Classic Space sets, albeit with better utility and a real world inspiration. It's truly amazing how far tech has come since I was a wee lad in the 70's, and it's great to see it reflected in LEGO. I thought the drone an odd inclusion until I saw pics of the actual one in development. Again, it amazes me how all these recent developments in technology are being applied to our Space Program. The addition of both the geode and airlock parts is great; I'm sure they'll both find their way into other sets. I do think the airlock is a lost opportunity with the small shuttle that comes in the Moonbase set, as it doesn't appear to be functional, and I think that would have been a fanatastic realistic bit of playability to have the astronaut move between his ship and the station via a working airlock. I think the Moonbase also would have been better served if a small stand had come with it to give it some ground clearance to complete the illusion of being in orbit. Alas, can't have everything. Fortunately, a bit of brick and a little imagination make all the difference. I'm really glad that LEGO made a dedicated People Pack for this theme, as it helps flesh out some of the behind-the-scenes activities that transpire in the process of readying a crew and their science packages. After months of waiting to finally see pics of these sets, I'm pleased with the line overall and will definitely be picking them all up once they hit shelves.
  1. Load more activity