All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Aurore

LEGO IDEAS - Dinosaurs Fossils Skeletons

@Roebuck Thank you very much for the story of the skeleton with the fedora! This is really a great easter egg to include in the set. I'm definitely getting it - even if it's different from the original design, I quite like the brick-built design and, more globally, the mood of the set.
  3. RedHoodPug

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours & Discussion

You’ve got two regular members of the Justice Society of America right there, one a founder, the other a more recent addition. Mix it up with OG Batman and Wonder Woman and there’s three from the Golden Age, or Huntress for Bronze Age. From outside the CMF there’s Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Black Canary, Robin (as it was early days I guess Burt Ward Robin would work) and Shazam to join the ranks. Happy days. And he’s Batman’s biggest fan. It’s a really nicely done piece, too. I did react very childishly when I saw it. Ahem.
  4. Jim

Mindstorms and C#

Great! I love your work on the "architecture" of the framework, using Dependency Injection etc. I will be testing it shortly.
  5. Cumulonimbus

Limited Technic Reviews

@Jim Thank you for writing this post and giving us a peek behind the curtains. I too have always greatly appreciated your written format, because it allows for a more in depth look at a set and zoom in on for example an new mechanism or clever use of parts. Your reviews were always very enlightening to read and you have convinced me more that once that an upcoming set was interesting enough to buy even if at first I was unsure. I wonder if another reason for this change in strategy might be that TLG anticipated a more critical (maybe even a negative) review from EB members? I think that at the moment the consensus here at EB is that while Control+ is a promising platform, it currently lacks some key features and components to be a complete replacement for PF. Maybe TLG was afraid that a focus on this (temporary) shortcoming could overshadow the launch of Control+ and its first two sets? By the way, I wouldn't be surprised if EB has a reputation of a tough crowd at TLG and it might be easier to target the new sets at less experienced builders via other channels. We (myself included) like to poke holes in a new set and complain about what it could have been. This situation could be the results of TLG reaching a tipping point where it has had enough of the criticism and have found easier ways to launch their sets. On the other hand, if a review is nothing but praise about the set, without an honest and critical point of view, it is all but useless in my eyes. As a final point, I like to add that if it is true that TLG is loosing interest in modifications of their sets like @Aventador2004 says, I think this is a big mistake on the long term. Similar as your reviews, MODs by builders like @efferman have also persuaded me to buy and modified a set which I otherwise wouldn't have bought. But recently, I have noticed that my personal interest in sets on the whole is waning. I haven't bought a new set since the Bugatti for multiple reasons, maybe there is a correlation with your decreasing number of reviews?
  6. Exetrius

LEGO Ninjago 2020

Not only that, but in the middle it seems to have a bar hole, so you could attach a samurai banner (or sashimono) on the back! I hope this piece gets some darker recoulours.
  7. Kio Liex

[TC16] The Martian movie vehicle

That is great. Thanks for making the video.
  8. Aurore

[MOC] The Crew of the Lemuria

@Mister Phes Thank you so much! @Faladrin How can I have missed this topic? It's great! Thank you very much! @Littleworlds Thank you very much for your kind words! I'm really glad you managed to perceive their characters and background. @The Neighborhood Merchant Thank you very much! The dark brown leg piece comes from the SW 2017 Aayla Secura minifig.
  9. jsp56

New model Ev3rDrive

Thanks, I'll find out about Bricksafe. The program hasn't been written yet so we're not quite sure how the gyro sensor does its job. The idea though is that when the gyro sensor changes its orientation then the control block will know that someone has turned the steering wheel and then the car will turn. I think the plan for making the car steerable is to make the wheels work as though they were tank tracks. This is what my son says. Thanks for asking. :-) Does this look like the right kind of thing? https://bricksafe.com/pages/jsp56/ev3rdrive Thanks!
  10. Martijn van der Elsen

Mindstorms and C#

Hi Jim no need to install anything on the brick.. the framework communicates with the native firmware. Just plug in the usb cable and run the example. I have tested it on V1.09H but it should run fine on other versions as well. You can optionally change connection to bluetooth or network by altering the brick.json file (see the wiki) At this point in time I am writing unit tests for all firmware methods. If there is anything you or anyone else would like to see incorporated into the framework let me know ok?.
  11. Sariel

Limited Technic Reviews

It's a bit funny to be a yardstick for doing reviews quickly ;) Two points I'd like to make: - I was getting Technic review sets from LEGO long before LAN existed, as far back as 5 or 6 years if I remember correctly, and for a long time LEGO had no problem sending them even 2 months early, with the embargo date clearly set. Things have gradually changed to what we're working with today, with the 42110 being a prime example of all of us being forced to race to publish the review first. Not a comfortable set-up, but I guess this is the price of having more reviewers in the program and of LEGO trying to fight leaks. - personally, I just can't afford buying all the Technic sets myself. Family reasons require that I put my money elsewhere and for me, the support from LEGO is basically "to be or not to be" in terms of reviews. Without this support, I could maybe buy one of the larger sets from each wave, and not necessarily the flagship set.
  12. Aurore

Post your Pirate Crew: Pirate Figbarfs

Here is my crew - well, the crew of the privateer Lemuria, currently stranded on a desert island somewhere in the Seven Seas…
  13. Roebuck

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & discussion

Probably because they wanted the CMF to have it first! It is not the same wow factor in the CMF series if the mid-legs came in a set earlier. Do not help that the budget came from the CMF then.. The Niffler, Nagini and golden snitch all came in sets the same year, but used the CMF budget on the new moulds. So they could have included the mid-legs in sets also, but that would probably have taken to much of the spotlight from the CMF, not worth it since Hogwarts express is from 1-2 with a few figs from 3 to spice up things
  14. Ric079

Mack Granite 6x4 dump truck

Thanks very much for the .pdf - even with my failing eyesight it was easy to follow, and am very pleased with the finished model which shows excellent detail & scaling. Just in passing, steps 252 to 355 have got a bit overlaid, but no problem.
  15. Build at your own pace, you are welcome at all times. And if you are out of inspiration or just want some rambling, we have our very own Drinking Hole. Yeah, those damn Corries... nowaitaminute... In terms of land and exploration you are lucky: we just got a "map expansion" with multiple unclaimed islands east of the already colonised world. You can of course settle anywhere, even start new settlement(s) of your own pretty much anywhere - but if exploring actually new territories is more to your liking, it was just made a bit easier for you.
  16. Absolutely beautiful pictures as per usual Jim. Thanks! I agree the rear closing mechanism seems too complex - I think Milan wanted it to auto-lock on push which it does with the loose band, but it does seem it could be simplified. My only other complaint about this set are the universal joints in the drive train - but I haven't yet seen a way to do it without that as yet (though I expect something like that will be improved at some point!)
  17. shadow_elenter

Limited Technic Reviews

That's good to hear Trust me, your reviews are valued, even if they come out after the set does. I for one tend to use your reviews as reference work. Like if I want to know a particular thing about a set, it's easier to scroll through your reviews and find that thing than it is to scroll through a video, partially because you use a standard format for your reviews and partly because audio scrolls poorly. This honesty is also what I value about your reviews, some youtubers and other reviewers make their living on those reviews and other TLG dependent matters and might shy away from stronger language in order to not endanger their livelihood (understandably). I trust you to call them out on their moves, and say it like it is (this topic is littered with proof that you have and will) and that has value to me.
  18. LEGO Train 12 Volts

Improving the 71044 Disney Train (WIP and Idea thread)

What a beautiful MOD! This is a steam engine!
  19. LEGO Train 12 Volts

Crane Locomotive MOC in 7777 style

What a beautiful background!
  20. The Reader

Hello to everbody

Thank you all!
  21. I got as part of Free Promotion in Sept. The threshold was $129 NZD to qualify but I had other stuff to order so around total purchase waa $200NZD and got the free shipping as well.
  22. MajklSpajkl

[MOC] Kenworth W900

Thank you guys, I appreciate it. Yes I totaly agree. The double wheels do look like a couple of rollers, even the single ones at that scale to be honest. But we have to work with what we've got. We can't stick everything to scale modelling forum Best regards, Miha
  23. Today
  24. Since I am Ambassador, I can ask TLG directly. And maybe I will do that. But the thing is; I wasn't really sure if I could motivate myself enough to do elaborate reviews with time limits again. On the other hand; reading all the comments here, already invigorates me To be honest, right now I do feel like cracking open the 4x4 Crawler and start working on a review! Thanks mate! And yes, I really hope we can go back to these days.
  25. KotZ

Heroica RPG 2.0

@Waterbrick Down I love it. Although I'm slightly confused by the Equipment idea. Is that just an add on to a weapon/armor/etc, or is it a completely seperate thing?
  26. Just build some thing in my bookshelf mainly for storing my black falcon soldiers (Haha) These trebuchet and catapult can really shoot Trebuchet, range = 2.4m Catapult, range = 0.6m Siege tower Minotaur guarding the main gate
  1. Load more activity