All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. RogueTwo

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors and discussion

Damn, how did I miss that? Now I'm a tiny bit disappointed. Yeah, I'm no good at Technic, so I'll be modding a custom "stationary pendulum" until someone posts a mechanism. Still, I love the set. I love all the sets! Must wait until June and not spend money on May 4....
  3. Kdapt-Preacher

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

All reasonable people understand that. But lots of people are total idiots incapable of understanding context, who take literally any mention of something that sounds like an upcoming set as God-given truth. See, for example, the rumored upcoming UCS Star Destroyer, which is based entirely on completely unfounded speculation from this very thread but has been repeated to such a degree that it’s treated as confirmed.
  4. Same issue with those 1x1 clips, I broke half a dozen. The new version series seems to work fine until now.
  5. Mandalorianknight

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

dang. To clarify my meaning, I was, as some have guessed, expressing my happiness that lego appears to be listening to AFOLS more. My exact quote, "there's hope for a 501st battlepack yet" was in no way meant to be confirming or even saying there were rumors of one coming out anytime soon, just that it was possible one could happen someday. I in no way was trying to create or imply rumors of a 501st pack.
  6. Peppermint_M

[MOC] Speeder Bike - Trenner

Indeed they are. I was tempted to call it a "separatist speeder" but thought it might get confused with Star Wars
  7. ninjagoyax555

LEGO Ninjago 2019

am i only one who still hoping for a fire snake pyramid set? i do see the most of fire snakes sets in the background i do see the pyramid in the background what gives me hope some how some way we get a set of it it unlikely but we do never know
  8. BusterHaus

[MOC] morbidly obese crawler crane

The tracks looked too wide until the boom was extend, and then everything became proportional, as if hit with a magic wand. Nice build, I like the balance you found for the speed of the functions.
  9. Lego Lad

I have noticed that the dish piece that shoots out the stud shooter in the Patronum set is the same clear blue with sparkly glitter style as the stag Patronus itself, I love little details Lego do like that.
  10. CT-5503

So why are the 2019 HP sets listed under the "Harry Potter" theme, while the 2018 sets were listed as "Wizarding World"?
  11. ProvenceTristram

I feel like Eurobricks is something of an old boys club

Heh. I don't hide what I'm feeling - either on here, or in real life. It doesn't make me any less of an adult - it just means I'm indifferent to the expectations of others.
  12. Raptor of Vengeance

LEGO 2019 Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

Yeah, Wheatley did not need to appear twice. I haven’t watched the show, but I was under the impression it was r rated for some reason. I look forward to seeing what we’ll get, i liked the houses and forest lab I saw in the universal studios maze lab.
  13. Peppermint_M

Good places to purchase Lego in the US?

Depending on the exchange rates, you can just go ahead and buy wherever LEGO is sold! For specifics, a store locator is the best bet. I know there is a good New York LEGO store, but there are probably smaller ones in Malls too.
  14. The Brick King

Custom CMF Drafts by Me

Not a draft, but... Thanos.
  15. Today
  16. Peppermint_M

I feel like Eurobricks is something of an old boys club

Okay chaps, I know emotions run high, but can we try keeping things a little more civil? Cheers.
  17. Scarlet_Patronus

Really impressed with what we’ve seen today - the Christmas theme of the Clocktower makes me really excited for what to expect with the advent calendar! Have I got it right that these five are the June wave and we are expected another two reveals for August? One of which is presumed to be the graveyard?
  18. Hi, I am new to gbc and am wondering if there are any instructions for Berthil's cup to cup gbc available. Thanks in advance
  19. Jeffinslaw

[MOC] Southern Pacific 4-10-2

@ritztoys: fantastic job! You're the first person I've seen who has completed the build and posted pictures of it. What did you think of the instructions? Easy to follow along? What about the build in general? By the way, what was your total part cost? -Jeffinslaw
  20. I don't normally buy official LEGO set due to the cost and LEGO don't normally make sets that function as I like. I tend to buy parts from Bricklink and then build the models I want. Hence why my collection is somewhat limited in both the type of parts I have and the overall size of my collection (only about 25000 parts in total inc my normal system bricks (which I never use)). Regardless, the most complex and hardest set I've ever built was 8448, it was a fun model to build and took 2 nights to build, chassis on first night and body work on the second night. Before that was 8842 that my brother gave me back in 1995. The hardest and most complex model I've ever built (non set) is the ~16th scale artic lorry I'm currently building as it is almost entirely of a studless design which is something I've never done before, I'd always combine studded with studless to get the best of both building styles. Thread of this artic lorry will be published on here in a couple of weeks once I've finished it and am happy it's able to drive mile after mile without breaking.
  21. tafkatb

A lot to like here! The Knight Bus is easily my top priority, followed closely by the Clock Tower and Triwizard Challenge. I'm on the fence about Hagrid's Hut and will probably pass on Expecto Patronum, but that could change depending on whether my wife likes them.
  22. Maaboo35

Technic 2019 Set Discussion

Time will tell.
  23. Saw these in Walmart today, but had to exercise some self-control and pass them up for now. Still felt out Elsa and Mickey for the lols, though.
  24. Guyon2002

People have been saying june 1st for a while now, but Bouwsteentjes.info wrote the releases are in may/june so I'd expect somewhere around the end of may or start of june
  25. Otherworld

Yeah that's true, but the disappointments won't stop me from buying at least 3 sets anyway :D lol. But the cons at least gave me more patience, meaning I'm not crazy for these and want them now. These come out in a month basically don't they?
  26. Sorry - this is my bad. I need to pull back a little. What I should of started with was a big "welcome to the forum!" Sometimes us old guys get tired of old redundant posts but like Erik said the search engine is rather lousy for this site and you have found some great comments by others so it seems that the topic (again) has found a landing spot. To the topic at hand, honestly, I have not really found a Lego set that is really that hard to build. And that is not some manifestation of some great skill, because, honestly - I have none I just don't really think that Lego products really are made for that. In fact, I think they are more and more being geared towards making the build easy. Less steps per page, more color vomit for L/R distinction, etc. are now becoming the norm. Looks like people are commenting on the Bugatti. I'll give another take: I think the Bugatti has more color vomit for L/R distinction than any other set I have seen in the past (have not gotten to 42082 though). Also, really it is one of the few that involves an axle in a pinhole instead of a pin in a pinhole in several areas of the build to aide in ease of the build at the sacrifice of strength (think of the marriage process - but there are several other places as well). So while others might think that it is a difficult build I think TLG really went out of their way to at least make it is easy as possible. I will say I did think the hoses in 42043 were a real pain in the rear. Perhaps that was the hardest set to assemble for that reason.....
  27. mpj

Technic 2019 Set Discussion

I see that in the last days TLG is releasing images of many summer sets (city, star wars, ninjago, Harry potter...). So can we expect something also for Technic??
  1. Load more activity