All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. JackBloomer5

2019 Mclaren Indy 500 IndyCar Model

Update: Started adding stickers. They are a little small but they make it look more or less like the actual car.
  3. Berthil

[GBC] Akiyuki Ball Factory

I've spend A LOT of time on it last month. I have a very understanding and sweet wife :)
  4. dunes

sounds great @Berthil and that was quicker than U've expected, or not?
  5. Berthil

I have finished it and am very happy with it! It runs reliable on a 9V train supply with power selector on setting 4, 5 and 6 where 5 is equivalent to 1 ball per second. I've done a lot of mods to get it reliable. Most noticeable ones to bob (component that places the baskets back on the wheel) to prevent it throwing the basket out at high speed. With the in and out box lined up and at the correct height, it is now a fully GBC compliant module. I plan to make a video and photos this Easter weekend.
  6. Takanuinuva

LEGO Ninjago 2019

You think they will be just generic weapons? Or will they get Golden weapons in the show?
  7. SNIPE

General Part Discussion

Oh, I see now, yes I was confusing myself. I ran into this problem actually and the only way I can see to fix it would be to put a vertical support bar which would fit into the horizontal slit in pins. this bar would support the embedded axle or pin:
  8. rskamen

I recently ordered three M motors and three AA Battery Boxes directly from Lego. Their prices was very competitive and the shipping was the lowest I have seen. I too usually just go to Bricklink, but Lego should be a good source as well. Tat rebuild of the Ball Factory is looking great. I do like how open and accessible everything is. How are the modules synching up?
  9. Ankoku

[GBC] The Akiyuki Project

Does anyone actually have the LDraw files or equivalent of the Akiyuki modules? I was going to edit the Catch & Release one with my mods. There doesn't seem to be files for it though. e.g. Blakbird did the instructions and renders etc. but someone else did the LDraw file and the site they hosted that on is now gone. Feel as though we should be storing all of them somewhere.
  10. Legoniche

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors and discussion

I only stay committed for the first five days haha
  11. Guyon2002

Could be any day now I'd like to say ''what's the fun in that'' but deep inside I know I'll probably do the exact same thing
  12. Trekkie99

The Forest 3 Mafia Sign-Up Thread

I had a couple of ideas for my username when I first joined but none of them worked. Eventually I was like "Well I like Lego monorails". I still like LMF for all my other Lego related accounts, but I like Trekkie99 better and use it for everything else.
  13. Today
  14. Well, it sounds like the kids are getting restless waiting for the confirmation thread to close, so I'll post this little interview Mafia Monthly ran with me for this game. If you don't read Mafia Monthly, you might've missed it: Interview with Hinckley Mafia Monthly: So, you’re hosting another Mafia game? Hinckley: Yup. Are these going to be a bunch of softball questions? Mafia Monthly: It’s been a while, huh? Hinckley: Yup. Last time I hosted was Minimal Mafia, October 2013. Kind of low-key, considering my previous— Mafia Monthly: Not very good at it, though, are you? Hinckley: What? Mafia Monthly: Ahem…You’re not very good at hosting Mafia games, are you? Hinckley: I thought I was, like…, an EB favorite? Mafia Monthly: Is that what you thought you, like…, were? Hinckley: Well, people have given positive feedback that they had fun during my games. Mafia Monthly: In Baritones 2, did you send players out on jobs? Hinckley: Well, yeah. There wasn’t a lot of activity in the day thread, so— Mafia Monthly: What’s that game mechanic called? Hinckley: It’s not really called anything. Mafia Monthly: Maybe call it Host-Confirms-4-players-as-Town? Hinckley: We didn’t really know what we were doing back then. It was 10 years ago— Mafia Monthly: Did you meddle with The Forest? Hinckley: I don’t know what you’re talking about. Mafia Monthly: I’m talking about meddling. Adding mechanics so the “story” would go the way you wanted it to? Hinckley: Um…no. Mafia Monthly: Who says “Um?” Hinckley: I just did? Mafia Monthly: Did you post in the day thread after you had been lynched in Witch Hunt Mafia? Hinckley: I didn’t host that one! Mafia Monthly: Yeah, but you were an asshole as a player, too, weren’t you? Hinckley: Hey! Mafia Monthly: Let’s talk about The Forest II. Hinckley: Let’s talk more about how I’m an asshole as a player. Mafia Monthly: Yeah, nobody talks about The Forest II. So what makes you think people should trust you to host a balanced game? Hinckley: Well, I’ve learned from my mistakes. Mafia Monthly: And how did you apply those lessons to your newest game? Hinckley: Well, I put a lot of thought into how the roles would balance each other. Mafia Monthly: Really? That’s all? Just a lot of your thoughts? Hinckley: Well, no… I ran… scenarios…and… Mafia Monthly: Yes? Hinckley: I…developed…an algo…rithm… Mafia Monthly: You developed an algorithm? Hinckley: Yes? Mafia Monthly: How did you calculate it? Hinckley: … OK, shut up. I copied someone else’s mechanics. Mafia Monthly: Well, good. Hinckley: Really. I can’t be trusted so I just copied a set of mechanics from a game I thought had a really nice balance. Mafia Monthly: But then you added a bunch of weird, fancy shit? Hinckley: No, no, no. Well, one thing…but no, not really. Not a lot. Mafia Monthly: Take it out. Hinckley: Take what out? Mafia Monthly: Whatever you added. Just copy the better host’s game and add funny dialogue. Hinckley: OK. Mafia Monthly: Now, let’s talk about what you think is funny dialogue… Hinckley: ____________ I will get started with the role selection cups, game character accounts and role PMs as soon as I close the thread, in 4 hours. Expect instructions to log in to your character account on Saturday...possibly Sunday. Sorry, it's a busy weekend.
  15. Just ordered a box, I can't wait ! I won't choose between one or another, I love both series for different reasons. Don't you think that Scrooge's hat is a little bit too small for his head ?
  16. Erik Leppen

General Part Discussion

I think you're adding where you should be subtracting. On the left of the attached image is your suggestion (gray is the shape of a pinhole); on the right is its cross-section, which, as you can see, proves that your part falls apart into 2 separate parts. Remember: axleholes don't have this recess, only pinholes do, so axles can't have ridges. Check your axle pins :) It would work with a pin, and to be honest, a "pinhole-with-inline-pin" would be a nice part to work as a "pin extender" of some sort. In fact, I drew this on my "wish parts" brickshelf folder in 2009 :) But to be honest, I still think that with all the recent small parts, the Technic pin collection feels rather complete now and has now come to a point where I think it shouldn't be extended further.
  17. Hello Lego builders. I'm new in this forum, I just got myself introduced, this is my second post ^^ Thing is I'm new to online Lego resources, and I just got my hands on the book aforementioned, which has a part list in the last pages, but, that list doesn't have part number IDs. I stumbled across another part list at Isogawa website but it's not the same part list in the book. Actual question is ¿do you know if that part list exist ready to buy on brickLink or another site like that? I've searched quite a while but I'm not finding it. Just to avoid repeating the work of matching the elements (minus parts I already have, interesting functionality I found in Rebrickable, but not other sites), and adding it to a cart, if this is already done (if not, I will do myself and publish the list, if this is possible). Hoping you can point me in the right direction. Thank you for your help in advance.
  18. Balrogofmorgoth

It honestly looks like the same printed tile we got in some of the other sets last year. I could be wrong
  19. mediumsnowman

I go by mediumsnowman in my day-to-day life.
  20. Soupperson1

2019 Friends Sets - Rumors and Discussion

I think it’s bizzare the heart boxes now have new outfits, as I said before who will want the winter ones? XD It’s lovely to see them nevertheless, especially a new skirt for Olivia’s skin tone! I love how each of these outfits have an unique style to them, but still give off the beach theme. Andreas is my personal favorite, I love her new teal skirt. Zobo’s binoculars are actually a new mould which is also exciting. One thing that is really off is the colours of these boxes. Why do they all have a strip of coral and aqua? It just seems odd that kids who are lucky enough to get all 5 will have 5 very similar looking boxes from the side. XD Emma’s set suggests the designers are straying away from the strict colour scheme. Her 2x4 tile is azure (Stephanie’s main colour) and her outfit consists of navy and basic blue, none of those colours are part of her colour scheme. Let’s hope we start getting Olivia in different colours if we’re not going to get non Disney Princess characters with her skin tone. Lastly did anyone else notice Emma uses Clay’s helmet instead of last year’s go kart subtheme one? I find that crazy, didn’t they produce that mould just to appeal to girls as they wanted to see hair from out of the helmets? Oh and that German site from yesterday that had the photos, listed a new Friends set: 41337 Swing with Looping in the Amusement Park!
  21. DarkStar1991

Lego City 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

The images of the sets have been removed except the images of the minifigures.
  22. RandomSniper109

By the looks of it the presents are in the house colours (yellow black hufflepuff) (blue grey Ravenclaw) also are you sure the tile is of the marauders map because i originally thought it was a hogwarts letter (not sure why) but also why would hermione have the map? Because it’s hermione I would think it might be the basilisk sheet, also I would be a bit disappointed if it’s the marauders map because a 1 x 2 tile is a bit small if they are using a 2 x 3 for the quibbler
  23. For UK folks, Far From Home sets are available at ASDA and John Lewis: Molten-Man: £24.99 Hydro-Man: £34.99 Stark Plane: £54.99 Can't wait for these to hit S@H so I can get Stark Tower!
  24. Just spoke to Kimberly at Lego. She told me to complete purchase, as they will backfill purchases on a first-come-first-served basis, so waiting for Tuesday when the warehouse is open may be too late. Just purchased my order now - hoping that I am not too late, and also that Kimberly is right :) 300 VIP points for the inconvenience is awesome, so at least got something out of it
  25. DaniGG

Hey

I'm Dani, from Spain. Interested mainly in Technic, to illustrate mechanic concepts. See you around.
  26. jimmynick

Well unlike you then, my username tells the truth I've never played a Hinckley game before – I'm excited to start!
  27. ShaydDeGrai

Is Creator's Three-In-One Line Underappreciated by AFOLs?

For me, I find the Creator 3-in-1 models to be somewhat hit-or-miss, though, in their defense, when they do hit with me, they usually knock it out of the park. Just looking at the ones in current release on the shop web site, about half of them I either own or have on my wish list and about a quarter of the ones that own, I have multiple copies of. The other half that didn't make the wish-list cut have no appeal to me whatsoever (other than, perhaps, as a source of parts if the price were right) Pluses from my perspective include: * Focus on the build * No stickers / very little use of printed parts / strong reliance on form language and color alone * Cheap source of basic parts * Good father/daughter activity fodder * No IP tie-ins / No tight coupling to pre-defined storylines * Emotionally a throwback to my earliest experiences with Lego Minuses from my perspective: * The 'B' and 'C' models are often 'lacking' compared to the 'A' model * When the subject matter doesn't appeal, getting three variations on a theme triples the offense * Bitter reminder of the days when I couldn't afford much Lego and had rebuild as much as I could from a limited supply of parts Neutral issues as far as I'm concerned: * Minifigures, I come from a time before minifigs and I usually don't care if they are there, absent, generic or anything else * Molded animals vs brick built - the former look better in context, the latter offer more part selection for MOC-ing - it's a wash These, of course, are just my opinions. There's a line in one of the episodes of The Big Bang Theory where one of the characters complains, "They were having fun wrong." I think it's important to remember that, at the end of the day, Lego is a toy, and the proper way to play with a toy is whatever way that brings you happiness/joy/amusement/etc. We all have different tastes and priorities and just because we might not all share the same opinions does not invalidate the legitimacy of others' feelings on the matter.
  1. Load more activity