All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Peppermint_M

Your Favourite Minifigure

Just what it says on the tin. No wrong answers, just tell me why. Is it a poor abused keychain figure that hangs off your bag and always makes you smile? Is it the figure you took everywhere as a kid? Is it a favourite character in minifig form? A figure that you are building an army of? I'm asking a question that I can't really answer myself I have a lot of favourites and choosing just one is going to take some thought. Also: non standard figures are permitted. From bigfig to the little printed "Oscar" figs. We are not doing a Bricklink though, so anything that is actually a construction (Cars, Giant Man or the like) isn't actually a figure. Have at it!
  3. I think they're still a bit better than the old ones, but with more use, probably. They're a pretty good option.
  4. hrdknxbrix

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Here's your chance: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/6de50c45-750a-4c2e-b7c3-bbf2381b4cc3
  5. Used them for work on modified Audis and in a custom made rally car, no issues so far. They have a very simillar overall deisgn to the planetary ones, the weak points are the side walls which eventually wear down, thereby increasing slack. But as said before, they are order of magnitude better than the standard ones and I hope to see them used more often in sets even if they may not be needed.
  6. Today
  7. CloneCommando99

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

That’s a good question. The presence of an imperial crewman (which is interesting as I don’t think there’s been an imperial crewman in any previous Death Star sets) suggests that there will be some kind of command centre or hangar. The Death Star trooper points to a detention block.(or he’s just an extra that makes sense) We don’t currently know if the officers are named or generic but I feel like there may be a small conference room for them. The Stormtroopers give the indication of some kind of sector that requires security/ patrols like a cargo bay. My prediction for the remaining 4 figures: Tarkin, Tie Pilot, another Death Star Trooper and an imperial gunner. Either that or: Leia, Obi-Wan and Stormtrooper Han and Luke
  8. BrickWild

10337 Lamborghini Countach Discussion

Here: https://www.brickmehappy.com/ Still, I think this 'teaser' pic is certainly not a hoax I hope.
  9. That's good to know. So when they wear after a bunch of very high speed use, they get to like the old hubs? I can live with that.
  10. Its a nice concept, and clearly well-thought out. As for a name, I'd go for "Swift Shuffle System", or triple-S. ;)
  11. I think it’s more likely that R2-KT is a figure in an anniversary set as opposed to being an anniversary figure. there is one rumoured to come out later in the year which is speculated to be similar to the falcon holiday diorama we got last year
  12. Nice to finally hear something more about the Death Star playset! The minifigure lineup sounds great. Considering the mentioned minifigures/types of characters, what kind of rooms(s) do you think the set will be? It doesn't seem like a throne room, which I'm very pleased with, because, as other have stated long before, I think it'd be nice to have a more generic-looking room that could be displayed as random Imperial facility. The price if quite high, though, so I guess it'll be rather big. Regards, Mitch
  13. mcphatty

[MOC] Chopper - a companion to the 2024 R2-D2

@PaulPrime I’d like to see what you come up with on R2’s head, I had a try with curved slopes but settled on the round plates to make the mod cheaper. Apart from his head R2 is a great set, such a nice size.
  14. Well, I've put a few hours on some more of them and (admittedly it was going 26km/h sometimes) the wheel hub seems to have gained more wobble, like the old two part ones. I was using extra lubrication, as well. I'm talking about the side to side wobble of the wheel attachment points relative to the rest of the hub. But that's, IMO, a huge improvement over the old hubs which would have just melted or come apart, like they did in the buwizz peugeot 9x8 mod.
  15. Wait, there's actual (albeit plastic) bearings inside of these?! How are people finding their performance after some time of playing?
  16. The suspension looks to be working really nicely. Also just found out the wheel bearings have actual rolling elements inside them, so that makes me like it even more!
  17. @The Reader It's true lol And the parrot too
  18. Incredibly late but I agree. I don't mind gappiness if we get a design that actually looks round, but the design of the Interceptor one is way too jumbled. I prefer the more simple approach with 75095. I just wish the windshield piece was trans-black instead of trans-clear, but that applies to every windscreen pieve they do (Millennium Falcon especially!)
  19. This set sounds really nice and I am excited to see actual pictures of it. While I am happy for the 2 officers I wonder if they are just regular officers and we can also get Moff Tarkin or another named officer among the 4 unkown figures or if a named officer character is only possible among those 2 officers. I don't know how others feel about this, but I would really enjoy if the minifigure selection in the Death Star playset was all Empire-based, just like how it was all Rebel-based in the Yavin 4 set. I really don't want another farmboy Luke or Leia inside. I guess stormtrooper Han and Luke would work as you can just get a helmet and make it a regular stormtrooper, but I would really like if it was all Empire. On the topic of the anniversary figure it really makes more sense if R2-KT is not an anniversary figure and just an additional figure with Jedi Bob for example with the entire set being charity based. Gentle Giant statue, Mattel's Hot Wheel and HASBRO's figure of R2-KT all had some sort of charity involved with it from Make a Wish to UNICEF so I really hope LEGO does it as well.
  20. BrickBob Studpants

Wizarding World 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

I must rewatch the movies at some point because I really thought the only ghosts we see are the four house ghosts and Myrtle Whoopsie. Still, I refuse to believe they’d include a random ghost and some unnamed extra over actual named characters
  21. It doesn't look like you were limited to the parts of one set at all, very impressive
  22. PaulPrime

[MOC] Chopper - a companion to the 2024 R2-D2

I love the studless head on Chopper. I'm going to try to cover R2 head with tiles and slopes to get rid of the visible studs.
  23. Brickmasta

MOC: "The Batwing" - A Lego Movie MOC

Awesome :) It has been so many years... glad to see it still brings joy! I still have the instructions available if anyone would like to buy them, just let me know - appreciate the gestures!
  24. _schwede

[MOC] Mining Loader

Hello, since I gathered a lot of ideas for this loader within this community, I want to share the outcome with you. In preparation for the upcoming excavator set, I created a mining style loader. It is more or less a Cat 992k, taking bucket and wheel size in consideration. The build is mainly focused on playability (no loose parts) and kind of full loader functionality.
  25. RedHoodPug

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

It's not just the idea of a poll, which would not work anyway, it's your naivety. A lot of your previous questions have been answered many times by several people, and it's proving frustrating. Your expectations differ greatly from reality, and we all enjoy wishlisting but you are expressing ideas that are wildly unachievable. With regards to Batman being great because he doesn't have powers, you have the Seven Soldiers of Victory, half if not more of the Justice Society of America, and countless others. Batman may not have powers as such but he's performing at such a level that he doesn't need them, and there are people who don't like him because they feel he's too good at what he does. As a person Superman is more relatable and human than Batman, and that is the greatest juxtaposition in DC lore. If the only happy memory you have from your childhood is a TV show then that's quite sad, and I feel for you. If you want to get a better idea of how and why Lego does what it does, I recommend finding the book Brick by Brick, by David Robertson. It might seem like a strange choice when you see what it is about, but it will give you some background as to how and why they make certain decisions. Don't be put off from having ideas for sets, but look into the background of what has been before, and look into what has sold well or was popular when brainstorming.
  1. Load more activity