All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Yoggington

2025 Castle Theme [wishlist/speculation]

How do you reckon?
  3. Peppermint_M

Identifying a part

My first tip is to try any of the apps out there that claim they are able to ID parts, as those can help. Next idea: if you have a few parts, take photos and put them into the thread MAB linked and the brain banks here can help. If you have a lot of parts, I would suggest making a quick grid on a sheet of paper with numbers for each square, pop the parts in each and take one photo. Share that photo on the thread and members can use the easy labels to help ID parts. One photo is faster than lots. Personally, I know I can help ID parts, even clone brands (if not to set, at least manufacturer).
  4. Mandalorianknight

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

It's not just a deep cut though- aside from maybe an Albin Johnson 501st legion stormtrooper, it's probably the best possible figure to recognize fan impact on the franchise. Totally agree, it's a genius choice when you consider the wider content. That's odd- I wonder what the set is. KT is an incredible choice IMO, but I agree Mara's super necessary. Though at the same time, they really have the ability to chuck her in any imperial set regardless of anniversary, if we're being honest. Edit: Ignore the first part of that, saw your later post. I unironically am having trouble thinking of a worse choice in terms of character variants with that level of screen time. That actually makes a ton of sense, it could be a set recognizing the 501st legion, rebel legion, and R2-D2 builders club. The Albin Johnson stormtrooper idea might be real! Glad to see, I totally agree. Mara would have been nice, but if the set really is a fan legions set, I'd take it over almost anything.
  5. Mandalorianknight

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Yes, but they're all tiny parts of a skyline that's also an art set. It's a far cry from a modular building based on a location that's been a sticker on one set and isn't actually part of the batman canon. I believe it is indeed a D2C. It's always possible it'll be some sort of modular, but the most likely scenario is that it's a buildible bat-vehicle. I'll take my chances, we all know it'll be the tower of fate. These were almost all side builds in sets with the main build being something else, not to mention that they've gotten substantially smaller over the years and then disappeared entirely after 2017. Besides, there are plenty of actually relevant locations like Arkham that we can, should, and would get before generic buildings. If you want some generic banks/stores/etc, just buy city modulars! I'm trying to be realistic but not cynical. Worst case scenario it's some sort of poorly-constructed buildable object with no figures, and best case scenario it's something from the wider DC universe.
  6. Black Falcon

Lord of the Rings Ongoing Discussion

Well but exactly that is my point. The video makes it sound like, they bought the license for series since that was still with the Tolkien Estate, but the part of the licensing that is limiting them isn´t even mentioned.
  7. zoth33

Lord of the Rings Ongoing Discussion

Amazon only had rights to the appendices. They don't have rights to the Silmarillion or much of the second age. Also merchandising for the films and the books are different properties. The films are through WB. The Tolkien estate decides what and who they give out rights to. The rights for merchandising the books is different from WB. Also Embracer bought the rights to make video games and possibly make movies so far there had been no mention if they would do anything with toys or figures.
  8. Today
  9. Maaboo the Witch

[MOC] John Deere SESAM 2 tractor

Absolutely breathtaking! The scaling is simply perfect.
  10. A few months ago I made a lot of pictures of not yet published models but I didn't took time to sort everything. I got quite a backlog and I was asked to show something new. Well, here I got one. It's a Liebherr R964C excavator and yes, it's based on the 9800 set. When it was released about five years ago I immediately thought of building a "smaller" one to put onto one of my scale 1:17 low loader combos. Till then I actually didn't had a suitable load. I temporary had a Volvo excavator set loaded but it's a standard set and the looks weren't that good either (sets always can be improved). With scaling it down I came to the 964 which weights about 75 tons in real, heavy enough for a 3-bed-5 low loader combo. As I'm always building modular that also had to be the case with this excavator. Both the hubs are put in the upper structure and when removing the batteries the body work has to be removed in the first place. The entire bodywork can be disconnected in six components. All hoses on the arm are just like the real thing. I studied a few machines to see where everything goes and what its serves for. That really took some time but it definitely gives the model the right looks. With all detailing it became a lot more heavier than I was meant to but with using many light weight panels I decreased the weight a little bit. With this model I tried to simulate how it's loaded onto the trailer. I built the Liebherr to be carried onto my existing Nooteboom 5-axle low loader but I also made a tri-axle Interdolly. Total length is 175 cm. A lot more details and pictures I put in my Flickr stream: Album of the Liebherr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/legotrucks/albums/72177720315738120/ Album of the truck + trailer: https://www.flickr.com/photos/legotrucks/albums/72177720312628116
  11. CloneCommando99

What exactly are we thinking that this anniversary set is supposed to be? A battlepack? If so we’re getting a lot of stormtroopers this year. Edit: What if it’s a set based on the 501st legion charity?
  12. Now I also had to research the story and I totally agree, really heart-warming background and I also think a great pick for a "outside of the box" figure.
  13. MP LEGO Technic creations

[MOC] John Deere SESAM 2 tractor

Wow, I really am honored! Just a stupid question of mine - should't the first two photos be rearranged so a picture of an actual build would be shown on the front page?
  14. Like you I got rid of some but not all to avoid a complete rebuild. I now have a sizeable collection of Light Grey & DBG Lego pieces that were removed & replaced.
  15. So what is this celebration set? My first thoguht before the news today was it was going to be a GWP to go with the sail barge in October. Given the set number it isn’t a normal SW set? I’m intrigued I hope it’s not a gwp as that means I’ll have to potentially hold off getting any August/June sets til then
  16. Eurobricks member MP LEGO Technic creations created the topic [MOC] John Deere SESAM 2 tractor. Click on the link or on the image to visit this featured topic.
  17. Beautiful machine, with a striking color, and a magnificent presentation. Frontpaged.
  18. Interesting choices. I agree that the Empire needs some love for battlepacks & sets. These would be some good ideas going forward. I really like your modular ideas. I had some a few years back (posted in this thread I believe) where I created ideas for modular Death Star builds and modular Echo Base builds for Empire vs Rebels. Something that would allow Lego to sell supporting sets that build on sales. But, I am not a marketing expert, so maybe the idea would not sell enough. Cheers :)
  19. Flawless Cowboy

Anyone is a better choice than young Leia
  20. CloneCommando99

I just researched R2 K2. I take it back, this is an amazing figure to have. The story behind her creation is really heart-warming. So you know what, this is a better choice than young Leia.
  21. I recently received all the parts required to fit 42171 wheels to this model from Lego. IMHO the new tyres and wheelcovers etc from 42171 are exactly what should have been supplied for this model originally.
  22. 1963maniac

Controlling switches with geekservos?

You need to talk to Battery Powered Bricks on Youtube. This just one of his many helpful videos:
  23. CloneCommando99

Wishlist: Future Star Wars Sets and Minifigures

Some imperial military hardware because frankly the empire has been neglected in ground forces compared to the clones. Stormtrooper battlepack (£18.99) 2 stormtroopers, stormtrooper commander (with a new plastic pauldron similar to doctor strange’s cape) and a shock trooper. (with backpack) Build would be an imperial checkpoint. ITT (£59.99): 2 stormtroopers, 1 stormtrooper commander, 2 Tank Drivers and an imperial Lieutenant. Imperial security gunship (£49.99): imperial scout trooper (from Jedi: fallen order), scout trooper commander, imperial shock trooper and a ISB Lieutenant. Modular imperial bunker (£149.99) can connect with modular series. Figures: 2x imperial technician, imperial captain, imperial army officer (green uniform), 2x scout troopers and 2x stormtroopers. Victory class Star Destroyer (£149.99): This would be a homage to the empire of Legends. Figures: Captain Pallaeon, Admiral Daala, Rukh and 2x Vader’s Fist troopers. Long Live The Empire! Please let me know what you guys think. And whether you agree that the empire has been neglected when it comes to army building.
  24. I wouldn't have thought so. The 25th anniversary set seems to be a different thing to the anniversary figures spread out across other sets. Like how HP had some extra golden figs in the D2C or Gold Wu in Ninjago city gardens, they weren't part of the original group but an add on in a separate set. Edit: okay nevermind it's spelt out pretty clearly on his Instagram post, she supposedly is the last one?
  25. He says in German "... und ich kann euch jetzt verraten, es werden wohl nicht nur R2-KT enthalten sein, sondern auch drei Stormtrooper und drei Rebellentruppler." Sounds like he's pretty certain about that.
  1. Load more activity