All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Ah this again, I still feel that none of the official sets are particularly difficult or hard for one who is able to follow instructions that is. If you want a real challenge MOC is where it's at.
  3. Soupperson1

2019 Friends Sets - Rumors and Discussion

I think it’s possible this could be the best wave of Friends yet! It’s certainly up there anyway. Unfortunately I don’t think I can justify buying too many as I already have many similar sets from Friends and I really don’t need repeats for all of them. 41337 Amusment Park Loop Swing - I think this is the only set worse than its predecessor. It’s the bumper car set but you’re paying $10 less to not get any bumper cars or the arena in which they were in. At least the beehive to cotton candy recolour is available in a much cheaper set now. 41362 Heartlake Supermarket - This looks like a slight downgrade to the 2014 Juniors supermarket, oddly enough I think it’s colours fit Friends better. All the food here is super common and it’s a shame that the budget only allowed for one new print for a food related item. The shopping cart is nice, but I’ll wait for it to appear in a better colour than green. Also I think it’s really odd that Andrea is the only one of the main 5 not to appear in a Juniors set. 41371 Mia’s Horse Trailer - This is the only remake that is more or less the same quality as the last one, it even has the same horse! It’s nice that we got four different horses this year considering most of the land animals in the reboot have been prone to appear in at least three sets each. The new recolour for the horse riding cap / hair for Mia is great! I think Emma’s legs are the most unnecessary inclusion of new minidoll parts here. 41372 Stephanie’s Gymnastics Spectacle - This set is awful in my opinion. The builds aren’t particularly clever or interesting and the colours look gaudy and unfinished. Stephanie’s outfit is beautiful but that hairpiece. Who’s decision was that?! It’s way to short and the bangs don’t match at all. I’m sure kids who like playing with bows won’t appreciate it either with the lack of holes for such. I think Sweet Mayhem’s or DCSHG Harley Quinn’s hair recoloured in cool yellow would’ve worked better. Mia reusing Stephanie’s legs in the same set is a really odd choice too. 41373 Octopus Carousel - I mean the set isn’t bad but I have Olivia’s Space Ride and I really don’t think there’s need for me to have both. I think the idea of teaching kids to create their own rides is cute and gives it a step over Olivia’s Space Ride. I think it’s a real shame that Ethan appears twice in the same wave when there’s only a limited space for tertiary characters. 41374 Andrea’s Karoke Pool Party - This is beautiful! Each time they make a pool set I don’t think they can top it but I’m proved wrong each time! I don’t have any gripes with this set really, I’m honestly tempted to buy it even though I don’t have a need for another pool. I just kind of want to support more sets like this being made. 41375 Amusement Park Pier - The coaster itself is obviously leagues and bounds better than the last. I really like the interactive features with the bat and light brick. The fact only one girl can ride at a time is probably the only factor that makes it worse. I’m not to over joyed with the rest of the set. The swing ride is cool but I don’t think it’s better than the Ferris wheel or the drop tower and it’s spinning function just makes it seem like an elaborate version of the carousel. While it’s print is nice, the prizes in the spin the wheel game makes it pretty lackluster. The entrance way is nice and the ice cream stand is fine. The minidolls in the bigger summer sets are almost always dissaponting but I think Chloe in her work uniform might be one of the worst designed minidolls yet. Why on earth did anyone think it was a good idea to include the hard plastic version of Emma’s hair that doesn’t have any spots for accessories?! The recolour of her hair in blonde has been used as recently as 2017 so I’m not sure why they can’t bring that back...I’ll degress. 41376 Turtle Rescue - I originally really liked this set when I saw the prelims but I think it’s really weird that most of the interesting parts come in different sets, I.e. Olivia’s rescue outfit and the baby turtles. I don’t think the builds are strong enough to stand on their own. 41378 Dolphin Rescue - This is probably the most unique of the new sets other than the awful gymnastics one. I think the submarine is a neat enough build, it’s a bit blocky in the back. The pirate ship and Kacey's water vehicle are both really nice. The play feature of turning the wheel to reveal the treasure in-particular is spectacular! Oh and the baby dolphin! I think it’s a little odd they produced 31 new pieces for the minidolls across these sets yet didn’t go to the trouble to make a single new piece for any of the tertiary characters besides Kacey. Kacey did get the deluxe treatment and get three new pieces though. 41379 Restraunt - I think it’s widely agreed that this is one of the best Friends sets of all time. It turns out the copious recolours are exclusive after all! I’m shocked this set isn’t a normal retail one I think it has mass appeal. 413780 Lighthouse and Seal Rescue - I don’t think this is better or worse than the last lighthouse, it’s just a different take on one. All the builds are solid and it’s nice to see the seals return. I do think the Stephanie on the box art would work a lot better here and would’ve worked better than having Mia in two sets. It would’ve been nice if we got an extra minidoll too considering the price of this set. 413781 Boat and Narwhal Rescue - I think the interior to this boat is the best yet! It has detail everywhere and doesn’t look crammed in, it’s quite an impressive feat to ever the designer is. The exterior of the boat isn’t quite as nice as the inside but I think that’s mainly because of them trying to make yellow and coral as a colour combination work. I know people have debated this before but in my opinion that narwhal does not look natural in that colour. I think the side builds are just worse versions than the ones found in other sets which is a shame considering how expensive this set is. We can hope so, but sometimes gaps are just filled in later waves like 41337. We’ve got two retail exclusives in this wave alone so I’m not sure if they’d bother doing another one. It’s great to see that both old light pink skirts from 2012 have come back this year with updated prints. Now we've got white and normal yellow skirts there’s not that many colours to go!
  4. Dear nerdsforprez, Thank you for the warm welcome . I really wanted to ask what I wanted to ask above and that was it. I think what you just gave me was a warm and big welcome to the club by your reply and I really mean it.. I am a 41 years-old CPA and LEGO Technic has always been my “love” for building things while clearing my mind. After a decade past my latest Technic set, while searching for a duplo for my 3 years old nephew, I found myself in the “Wonderland”, again. And I understood that many things have changed but some didn’t. Anyways, I really appreciate your precious contribution to my topic. It was most helpful. Best Regards, Idris That’s incredible news and I would be waiting for your MOC (did I say it right?). I always appreciate people who “create”. That’s why I watched almost 30 LEGO Technic mod and moc videos on YouTube and I was thrilled. I am a 41 years old CPA and I understood that I missed LEGO Technic, a lot.. Many many thanks for your contribution to my topic. Best Regards, Idris
  5. RogueTwo

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors and discussion

Damn, how did I miss that? Now I'm a tiny bit disappointed. Yeah, I'm no good at Technic, so I'll be modding a custom "stationary pendulum" until someone posts a mechanism. Still, I love the set. I love all the sets! Must wait until June and not spend money on May 4....
  6. Kdapt-Preacher

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

All reasonable people understand that. But lots of people are total idiots incapable of understanding context, who take literally any mention of something that sounds like an upcoming set as God-given truth. See, for example, the rumored upcoming UCS Star Destroyer, which is based entirely on completely unfounded speculation from this very thread but has been repeated to such a degree that it’s treated as confirmed.
  7. Same issue with those 1x1 clips, I broke half a dozen. The new version series seems to work fine until now.
  8. Mandalorianknight

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

dang. To clarify my meaning, I was, as some have guessed, expressing my happiness that lego appears to be listening to AFOLS more. My exact quote, "there's hope for a 501st battlepack yet" was in no way meant to be confirming or even saying there were rumors of one coming out anytime soon, just that it was possible one could happen someday. I in no way was trying to create or imply rumors of a 501st pack.
  9. Peppermint_M

[MOC] Speeder Bike - Trenner

Indeed they are. I was tempted to call it a "separatist speeder" but thought it might get confused with Star Wars
  10. ninjagoyax555

LEGO Ninjago 2019

am i only one who still hoping for a fire snake pyramid set? i do see the most of fire snakes sets in the background i do see the pyramid in the background what gives me hope some how some way we get a set of it it unlikely but we do never know
  11. BusterHaus

[MOC] morbidly obese crawler crane

The tracks looked too wide until the boom was extend, and then everything became proportional, as if hit with a magic wand. Nice build, I like the balance you found for the speed of the functions.
  12. Today
  13. Lego Lad

I have noticed that the dish piece that shoots out the stud shooter in the Patronum set is the same clear blue with sparkly glitter style as the stag Patronus itself, I love little details Lego do like that.
  14. CT-5503

So why are the 2019 HP sets listed under the "Harry Potter" theme, while the 2018 sets were listed as "Wizarding World"?
  15. ProvenceTristram

I feel like Eurobricks is something of an old boys club

Heh. I don't hide what I'm feeling - either on here, or in real life. It doesn't make me any less of an adult - it just means I'm indifferent to the expectations of others.
  16. Raptor of Vengeance

LEGO 2019 Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

Yeah, Wheatley did not need to appear twice. I haven’t watched the show, but I was under the impression it was r rated for some reason. I look forward to seeing what we’ll get, i liked the houses and forest lab I saw in the universal studios maze lab.
  17. Peppermint_M

Good places to purchase Lego in the US?

Depending on the exchange rates, you can just go ahead and buy wherever LEGO is sold! For specifics, a store locator is the best bet. I know there is a good New York LEGO store, but there are probably smaller ones in Malls too.
  18. The Brick King

Custom CMF Drafts by Me

Not a draft, but... Thanos.
  19. Peppermint_M

I feel like Eurobricks is something of an old boys club

Okay chaps, I know emotions run high, but can we try keeping things a little more civil? Cheers.
  20. Scarlet_Patronus

Really impressed with what we’ve seen today - the Christmas theme of the Clocktower makes me really excited for what to expect with the advent calendar! Have I got it right that these five are the June wave and we are expected another two reveals for August? One of which is presumed to be the graveyard?
  21. Hi, I am new to gbc and am wondering if there are any instructions for Berthil's cup to cup gbc available. Thanks in advance
  22. Jeffinslaw

[MOC] Southern Pacific 4-10-2

@ritztoys: fantastic job! You're the first person I've seen who has completed the build and posted pictures of it. What did you think of the instructions? Easy to follow along? What about the build in general? By the way, what was your total part cost? -Jeffinslaw
  23. I don't normally buy official LEGO set due to the cost and LEGO don't normally make sets that function as I like. I tend to buy parts from Bricklink and then build the models I want. Hence why my collection is somewhat limited in both the type of parts I have and the overall size of my collection (only about 25000 parts in total inc my normal system bricks (which I never use)). Regardless, the most complex and hardest set I've ever built was 8448, it was a fun model to build and took 2 nights to build, chassis on first night and body work on the second night. Before that was 8842 that my brother gave me back in 1995. The hardest and most complex model I've ever built (non set) is the ~16th scale artic lorry I'm currently building as it is almost entirely of a studless design which is something I've never done before, I'd always combine studded with studless to get the best of both building styles. Thread of this artic lorry will be published on here in a couple of weeks once I've finished it and am happy it's able to drive mile after mile without breaking.
  24. tafkatb

A lot to like here! The Knight Bus is easily my top priority, followed closely by the Clock Tower and Triwizard Challenge. I'm on the fence about Hagrid's Hut and will probably pass on Expecto Patronum, but that could change depending on whether my wife likes them.
  25. Maaboo35

Technic 2019 Set Discussion

Time will tell.
  26. Saw these in Walmart today, but had to exercise some self-control and pass them up for now. Still felt out Elsa and Mickey for the lols, though.
  27. Guyon2002

People have been saying june 1st for a while now, but Bouwsteentjes.info wrote the releases are in may/june so I'd expect somewhere around the end of may or start of june
  1. Load more activity