All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. pantelis

Castle Birlinghoven

very well done this creation..i like the colors and the main building!!!
  3. Oh yes - I will be there. Together with my trusty old camper all the best Henning M.
  4. steph77

Steph77's Moc corner

Back on this project Take 02 I spend last days to work on different fronts for this moc. I prior worked on the design aspect, trying to ensure to keep a real inner space for this one, wich is the real deal when building functional helicopter. And I am still not satisfied actually. In order to make this goal I had to find some routing for the rotors commands. I first tried to locate them on front nex on the underside and I finaly get this conclusion that the only good position is on the rear tail (the orange joystick). Note that actually both of collective cyclic and tail rotor are driven and connected to a command somewhere. But not where it is supposed to finally be. So next step will be to put all those tricky thing in the right order. Easy to say, harder to do. Here are some picture of that thing actually. As us military used to say about the Huey : 'What you see is what you get' First: size comparison. The huey is a very lightweight model compared to the 169 Rear engine housing (fake) and final joystick position. note that I am trying to realise the sliding door and for this reason I had to work with smaller panels size. The general skyline is slowly taking form Sorry for the pictures quality... New noze already done view of the interior. Still trying to empty this area. compared with my previous huey, this one is about 3/4 smaller... Final overview for today. Uncontestably a huey. So much work to do... Steph.
  5. Interesting setup. It sure spin much better. I think this finding is more suited for RC vehicle but it is also its limitations because the torque transmitted relies on friction between the 3mm diam. axle and the bearing... I like it anyway
  6. Hold0511

[MOC] The X-Wing Strikes Back

Exciting and can't wait to see the next iteration, I love seeing the magic of people's WIP and thinking, especially when the end models are so awesome.
  7. Hold0511

Maintenance of UCS sets

Yup agree with KevinMD on both his points, a decent make up brush works wonders (buy new though...may seem obvious but just in case), I've a mix of sets with and without stickers (I've never been able to bring myself to attempt the x-wing canopy sticker) but where I can I've tried to either bricklink a spare set of genuine stickers for those sets I have out permanently for any potential replacement need or as KevinMD comments bought replacements from other sellers (or where I have BL'd an older UCS I've had to use those anyway). I rotate all my sets in terms of placement and any impact of light - I try to keep sets out of direct sunlight but even so I move them around every few months - some of the older sets stickers are now starting to look a bit aged, but I prefer to leave them be - if they get that bad then Ill probably break the set down, give the bricks a gentle wash and then use the replacement stickers on the rebuild (I've done the same process on BL'ing older UCS sets).
  8. Group A, Game 3: Ocean Eleven vs. Weelond Regimentals With the kickoff going to the Weelond Regimentals, and a short whistleblow, the game is a go! 4'' Paul Baracca to Alberto Verde to Gijs Reyngout – the Regimentals' midfield is wasting no time, moving forward in an initial attack that supposedly should leave the Eleven no time to get into the game. It seems to work, Jim. Fangio has taken the ball, playing around Shaobo Yen from the Eleven, whose yellow card seems to make him somewhat less amazing. 7'' Danielé „Danny“ La Mer, captain of the Eleven, tries to stop Fangio, who is rushing to the goal on his own... ... but she can not stop him. Another early goal, seven minutes into the match! Weelond leads 1:0. 10'' To me it looks like the Regimentals are on a roll. Taking the ball off Ocean Eleven, who really stand no chance against them in midfield, the team from Weelond is heading towards their opponents goal once again. Matt Caldwell and Bernie Catton from the Elevens midfield are playing particularly poorly today. They better get their act together, or coach François sends them back to prison in halftime already! 15'' Jan Slegers is leading the charge, with Fangio close behind him. „Cabin Boy“ Robin and La Mer are in their way, and for now the defense seems to hold. 21'' Not for long, Jim. Mauricio Montoya appeared out of nowhere right in front of keeper „Rusty“ Ryan, taking a pass from Slegers and finishing the attack with a shot that Ryan had no chance in holding! Weelond Regimentals are leading 2:0. 24'' I see a repetitive pattern here, Tiny. Ocean Eleven has lost the ball again, this time to Gijs Reyngout, one of the most versatile players in the Regimentals' team. Passing to Victor Rey, the direction is clear: another offensive action, another goal for Eslandola! 28'' I see what you mean, Jim. Fangio was falling back to midfield again... ... he likes to play an offensive midfield... ... and is now forcing his way through the Elevens defense. 31'' This time they are up to the challenge! Elliot Tishkoff stopped the attack with one quick tackle, then passing to Yen, who shows no signs of restraint anymore. 36'' Just in time to initiate an offensive of Ocean Eleven, at last! 42'' Well, Tiny. Maybe this offensive was meant as a wave by Ocean Eleven, to swoosh over the field. Alberto Verde, Weelonds dependable defensive center back, is the bulwark it broke against. Taking the ball off Caldwells foot, Verde turns the flow of the game around! 44'' Weelond has the ball in the penalty area already, they can only hope for enough time to score once more before the time is up in the first half! 49'' And score they did, Tiny. With plenty of overtime we have just seen another goal, for a 3:0 lead of the Weelond Regimentals right before the halftime break.
  9. Well, I'd say the old extension ring is compatible, because it can still serve as a proxy between the old driving ring and the new clutch gears. In fact, when you want to engage the clutch side of a 4L differential with a 20T clutch gear, using a 2L driving ring with an old extension ring is the better option over using the 3L driving ring, because of its extra length. Using the 3L driving ring will give you so much slack that it will slip (image courtesy of @Attika). I used this myself in a centered heavy-duty manual 4-speed AWD gearbox recently and it works perfectly (Stud.io file here, see the spoiler for the non-AWD version).
  10. Robert8

TLG acquires Bricklink

Hmm Interesting take, but what about the SDCC exclusives? Or the promo polybags? Those doesn't have anything removed. The figure is the whole product It will be interesting to see if HASBRO takes action on this
  11. Today
  12. Will_Heredia

Greetings from a mexican AFOL

@Reaper Thank you! I'm glad to know that they are shareworthy :) @Robert8 How kind of you to use spanish :) See you guys around!
  13. No it isn't quite, its too long to fit inside the new style gears which have clutch holes on both sides. Old extension ring+new style gear=more than 2 studs in length
  14. Try inserting a frictionless pin into an older, dark Grey 16 tooth gear and a newer red 16 tooth gear, and you will see.
  15. cehnot

[MOC] The X-Wing Strikes Back

I finished the wings and engines. Worked on the gearbox and rear body. The side panels need reworked. I realize now I need to fix things. At some point I deleted critical parts to attach the plates that fit in the panels. These plates had 2 connection points before I built an internal frame and I must have hid them to work on other areas. The frame inside the front side panels may need to go away in order to properly connect them. My file has been updated, but I am not going to release it until I am quite happy with the updates. The new wing structure works better than my original. I modified the gearbox to use a thicker gear because of loose parts shifting inside I only had to raise it 1 brick to get a fatter gear to fit. This did not affect the size or shape. I had plenty of space to make adjustments. I will share photos of the WIP later this week if I solve the side panels. still waiting for parts to complete the side panels. Made 9 different orders and missing 4. Fortunately I ordered things based on sections so I could build each area and modify it as I need. The file does contain new changes and solutions such as a more detailed internal engine area below and behind the r2 unit seen in the cutaway drawings.
  16. Welcome everybody, I hope you have a relaxed 3rd Advent. Merrynight is fast approaching, and so is the end of the first round of the BTSC 619. I am Jim Napier... ... and this is „Tiny“ McCoy. We will be your commentators for tonights game. The contrast between both teams could not be bigger! On the one side we have Ocean Eleven, a bunch of prisoners coached by a pious man of the Order. On the other side the Weelond Regimentals, respected football veterans, led by a known drunkard and pineapple addict. Ocean Eleven started with a crushing defeat into this years tournament, while the Weelond Regimentals could not get more than a draw out of their first match. Both teams should be eager for a victory today. Let's have a look at the teams player rosters: Ocean Eleven – A3 M1 D5 Weelond Regimentals – A3 M5 D4 Brad „Rusty“ Ryan (Keeper) Danielé „Danny“ La Mer (D) „Cabin Boy“ Robin (D) Elliot Tishkoff (D) Shaobo „The Amazing“ Yen (D) [YC] Carl Bloom (D) Matt Caldwell (M) Bernie Catton (M) Don „Basher“ Tarr (A) Casey Malloy (A) Scott Malloy (A) Abbé François (Coach) Cuju Tsu-Chu (Keeper) Luis Fernandez (D) Robino „Nino“ Grijszon (D) „Pegleg“ Pedro Piccio (D) Raul Baracca (M) Alberto Verde (M) Gijs Reyngout (M) Victor Rey (M) Fangio (just Fangio) (A) Jan Slegers (A) Mauricio Montoya (A) Patch Verlander (Coach) I am very curious for todays strategy of Ocean Eleven, Tiny. They suffered a yellow card in the last game – will this affect their approach to the game? We will see, Jim. So far this means nothing, as long as their defense is careful to not get another card. Coach François has preached them quite a sermon on the topic I guess. I wonder if prayers alone can do anything for them. Ocean Eleven is hopelessly outmatched in the midfield, they can only hope for their defense saving them whenever Weelond is attacking them. As you like to say: it is not all about statistics, Tiny. You have a point though, on paper it looks grim for them. Well, we will see how it turns out on the field. Speaking of which: both teams are on the field, the game is about to start!
  17. Robert8

Ideas for a CMF Advent Calendar

16. Snow Woman Part assortment (7 pieces): New beanie piece. Broom piece. Recolor of the bird mold. Ninjago Movie Jay's scarf. Molded head and bottom "legs" piece introduced with the Series Ñ Snow Man. Regular torso.
  18. rm8

[TCM1] 8081 110 Pickup

That's what I like. Your model is the most conservative redeisgn among all others. So, how many projects we have now except your and @HorcikDesigns?
  19. Gray Gear

DNR Shifter Issue

Instead of asking how to do the most basic things work you should be trying things yourself like almost everyone else here. I dont want to offend you, we all start somewhere, but the way you built that that shifter housing makes you seem really inexperienced.
  20. Aurore

[MOC] Mitgardia Advent Calendar

@zoth33 Thank you! I love those birds too...You may have seen that a blue one will be coming with the 2020 Bookstore modular set, let's hope it will open the path for more recolors!
  21. There is no miracle. It is not possible to get the same result with rasterization as with ray tracing. Even more when it comes to refractive materials. RTX cards from NVidia can only shoot a handful of rays per pixels compared to hundreds or thousands for offline renderers. Stud.io is using Unity for the real time engine if I remember properly and Cycles (from the blender foundation) for the ray tracing engine.
  22. Day 16 - Xandy X-wing
  23. Yooha

Masquerade Advent Calendar 2019 - LDD MOC

Day 16 - Tribal Man
  24. 45'' Larry Opham from Quinnsville Cannonade kicks off the second half, and his team has to do much better if they want to turn this one around. I'm no wizard, Jim. I wonder if it takes some magic for this to happen though. 49'' Maybe the miracle is closer than we thought, Tiny. Burge Hollis has the ball in Eltinas penalty area, outplaying those legendary defenders like they are mere beginners... 51'' No joke, Jim! Quinnsville scores for the first time! Their fans had to wait 141 minutes for it, but the first goal for the team from Cocovia is finally here. 1:2 it is. 55'' Team E can not let this stand it seems. After their kickoff they made short work of the Cannonades midfield, and now we are in their defense again. I can not see it from up here, but I guess keeper Pepper has some sweat on his face now. 60'' And rightfully so, Jim. Pepper had to grab the ball from behind him for a third time this game, Lejeunot scored with a perfect header after a flank from Lourdos. Legends indeed! 3:1 for Team E, but there is half an hour for Quinnsville Cannonade to catch up. 64'' Not like this though, Jim. Creed lost the ball to Lecloc, now Team E has another chance at building up the game at their pace. 67'' You have just mentioned it, Tiny. Team E is playing the game on their own terms, and once more in the half of Quinnsville Cannonade. Another strike soon? 69'' Not for now, Jim. Benedict Slumbercatch and Winston Gorman foiled Lejeunots attempt at another shot on the goal. For a change they show the strength of Quinnsvilles defense. If we were going by the statistics alone, this score would not be possible. On paper Eltinas offense is much weaker than Quinnsvilles defense. It's not all statistics though, Jim. This game is testament to it! 74'' The Cannonades were able to make it back to the midfield with the ball still in their possession. With only about quarter of an hour to go they better start an offensive of their own soon! 77'' I'm no tactician, Jim. If this was an offensive, it was the shortest of all times. One tackle from Lamalette made Creed lose the ball, now Charles-Louis and Shotgen are double-passing towards the half of the Cannonades. 81'' Less than ten minutes to go in this match, and it is Team E with the ball close to their opponents goal! 82'' Not so fast there, Jim. The Cannonade still has some powder left to shoot, taking the ball from Eltinas forwards. As usual you are right, Tiny. Lourdos lost to Slumbercatch – quite a catch by Benedict. Your jokes get worse and worse, Jim... 85'' Royce and Creed are pushing through the midfield, without a doubt with the faint hope of another goal. 86'' A hope crushed, Jim. Lecloc punished one bad pass by Creed, taking the ball back for Team E. Not much time is left in this game, and it seems all but over for Quinnsville Cannonade. 90'' As with the first half, the referee ends this one at the earliest possible moment. If anything, Team E could only have added insult to injury for Quinnsville Cannonade, being in their half before the end whistle. Now this game ended with a 3:1 victory for the team from Eltina. The Corlanders have to do much, much better in the second round of this tournament if they want to keep their hope for the Cup alive. I'm not saying it is impossible, Jim. It is far from easy though! On the spot, Tiny. While the legends from Eltina had an excellent start into the BTSC 619, for the team from Cocovia every game is an endgame from here on. We will see how they fare in the second round. Good night for now!
  25. Feng-huang0296

LEGO Ninjago 2020

Great looking set, definitely going to get it. But one question; what is up with all those extra stickers? They’re great and look really useful but still?
  26. Lego David

TLG acquires Bricklink

TLG actively lied to us when they said that "nothing is going to change" and "there won't be any change in the way sellers operate". That alone makes me loose all the trust I had in them.
  27. After ages of staring at bits, I finally found a way to integrate some ball bearings into some lego wheels.
  1. Load more activity