All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Lordofdragonss

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

Oh, so I am not only one? The only set I want is the Monstertruck with bank because it has good pieces for me. Glad to magnets to be back, but wish they would be smaller.
  3. I'm glad to see you were able to finished this @Grey Magistrate ! It's been fun keeping up with this series, and I appreciate how you largely ignored the official story and took a significant amount of artistic license. Honestly I'm a little surprised you decided to kill off Clay, but in a good way
  4. Lordofdragonss

LEGO Friends 2020 - Rumours and Discussion

As ususal fan of Friends, this time this theme looks...off? There are cool ideas here and there(camping, hair salon is back), but the colorshemes are...painful? Like too many/ wrong chosen colors. The sets I like are the cook contest and the +4 shop on wheels xD
  5. BrickJagger

LEGO Hidden Side 2020

Gotta say, I think this wave could be a bit stronger. As others have said it oddly has a different aesthetic than the first wave, and even Jack and Parker have regressed into the 90's for some reason. My favorite set amongst these is the Portal because it is the first set in the line to include actual ghosts instead of possessed civilians. The others are a bit muddled, such as the subway station. which looks more like a sewer, and the Ghost Fair, which has a strong concept but was likely limited by its preset price point. I think they could have made a much better version if it were priced at $80, and that doesn't seem unreasonable give that it's the flagship set of this wave. HS probably has one more wave consisting of the remaining four set numbers before it kicks the bucket, but I hope it goes out with a bang. It's one of Lego's better non-licensed offerings in the past decade, although the competition has been practically nonexistent.
  6. BrickJagger

[Moc] The last Kingdom of Falcons

Great work! I like the texturing you've done on the walls, and you've incorporated the baseplate nicely. The only suggestion I have is to break up all of the black around the back side of the tower with some more gray.
  7. BrickJagger

Wow. This is, hands down, the worst Police wave ever produced. Everything from the infantile set designs to the one-piece gimmicky "Helicopter" that's straight out of a dollar store clearance bin just screams lazy. Sure, the boxes say ages 5+ but they're doubtless going to price these like they're regular sets, or maybe even give them an unjustifiable markup like they do with their other Juniors sets. Lego should be embarrassed
  8. Enantiomeer

Technic 2020 Set Discussion

I'm not a huge fan of this line-up so far. I'll certainly get the crane (can't NOT get it ) and probably I'll get the rally car as well, but that's it from this list. On the positive side, my wallet likes this. I have spent WAY too much this year.
  9. janeeyre5221

MOC: Domo-Kun

I love this build so much! I am trying to re-make your creation as a gift for someone who also loves Domo-Kun. Can I get in contact with you to learn more about the specs?
  10. Today
  11. MAH4546

That was exactly what was I was thinking too! These sets are terrible. My wallet will be happy.
  12. zephyr1934

[MOC] Transperth B series EMU digital design

Those are some tricky angles you've got there, great work. So how did you do the diaphragms, are those grill tiles?
  13. zephyr1934

Misadventures in Tilt

I'm not sure this is helpful, but what I did long ago with the RCX brick was to do an infinite loop. At the start of the loop I checked the instantaneous status of all of the sensors, and clocks and whatnot that I wanted to check. These checks were done serially, one after the other. For each one the only branch I took would be to set a variable and then quickly return to the main loop and move to the next. This way, I sampled all of the sensors before taking any action that would keep me from hearing any of the sensors, and no branching to respond to a given sensor that might cause me to skip another sensor. Then the last half of the loop, I would progress serially through each of the variables, if true I would take the branch to respond and reset the variable or if false just skip this action, then return to the loop to check the next variable. Like checking the sensors, the responses were serial and after each one I returned to the main loop. I was also able to implement timed actions, in this case, the last step in the loop would start the timed action, and the first "action" in the loop after checking the sensors was to see if the timer had run out and I needed to stop the timed action. In my case I was controlling two semaphores with one RCX brick. Each semaphore took a little time to go up/down. So I checked to see if a train was present on track 1, then on track 2. Then, for track 1 if the signal was up and the variable indicated a train was present the RCX would start moving signal down, set a variable to indicate the status of the semaphore and start a timer for the motion but then return to the loop without waiting for the timer to end, ditto for track 2. Next, check to see if the move timer had run out for track 1, if so stop moving that semaphore, ditto for track 2 (I used bands to serve as clutches so I expected to be just a little late). My assumption was that it would be a couple of cycles before the "stop moving" was implemented, but I never tracked it. Next, if track 1 is occupied reset the "timeout" timer, ditto for track 2. If the timeout timer for track 1 made it all the way to the end then start moving semaphore up and start the move timer but return to the loop without waiting for the move to end, ditto for track 2. A few thoughts, first, how are you going to propel the train? If it is by the EV3, then problem solved, it should know which way it is going without any further sensing. Second thought, to let you keep progressing on this project while you scratch your head to determine the direction of travel, either make it be a one way vehicle (that just looks like it is bidirectional) or have a selection at startup where you press a "button" to choose the direction of travel. I don't think it is unreasonable to require human input for that binary decision. The button could be virtual or you could build a touch sensor in to make the selection mechanically. Third thought, there was an IR sensor for the NXT, if that ever made it to the EV3 and you are using an IR receiver to control the train's motion, perhaps you could also have the EV3 "listen in" to the same IR commands. Though the IR receiver was really low power, so you had to be within half a meter or something like that before it would sense the IR controller.
  14. zoth33

[Moc] The last Kingdom of Falcons

Wow love the classic look of this. I've always liked building on those raised base plates. I like the black and grey castle, some nice texturing on the wall parts. This definitely brings me back to when I was a kid in the 80's. Great job.
  15. Maple

And because I'm a sarcastic little.... World City is a googol times better than these sets. And did anyone bring up he new MASSIVE magnet pieces in two of the sets? That's what he big yellow round thing is.
  16. Saberwing40k

42108 - Mobile Crane

I'm not sure. You could have the LA geared such that the control knob is geared up, making operation faster, or a work gear mechanism using the gear racks and holders, or maybe even a ratcheting mechanism like on the boom. Or pneumatics, of course. There are many ways to skin this cat, but I'm not sure what's best.
  17. Robert8

Dude these are almost DUPLO Very simple and basic. That Bank is barely a thing, and why there is a diamond right in the middle of the sidewalk Friends sets are far far superior
  18. Bartybum

Yeah they’re tubes
  19. Bartybum

42108 - Mobile Crane

What would you suggest then if not an LA?
  20. Maple

^ You are picky. I'm just happy all the buildings so far have three walls and not just a front wall with no sides.
  21. KevinMD

Don’t think those are flex axles. They look like plastic tubing.
  22. Klaus-Dieter

The pictures can be found at https://www.thebrickfan.com/. The only set that may interest me is the Hair Salon. It seems to have some nice exterior as well as interior. Although I have to say that I'm disappointed that it is only one floor big and not that the building isn't smaller but has two floors - I hoped for something like the really amazing Art Studio from 2019.
  23. Feng-huang0296

In which case this one is already ahead of it. :P I agree about the frosting piece. It looks cute. Hopefully it pops up in more sets since I have less than zero use for that baking competition. (Also, looking at the @Klaus-Dieter set list, this makes a lot more sense than a ‘Banking Competition’ . .
  24. Maple

LEGO Hidden Side 2020

No where in the south are there subways. It's just a fake town that you can picture being 'anywhere USA' and if you are from another country almost anywhere there too. :)
  25. Maple

Even though they are all redoes they feel fun and cute. The first hair salon, or maybe it was the second, was one of my first Friends sets. I like these, make up for the horrid City sets. The bake off sets has pieces to use for frosting or sauce on a cake. I think that's a great idea even though I'm normally against pieces that can only be used for one thing.
  26. Klaus-Dieter

Thank you very much for the link, @Digger of Bricks! I completely agree with @MAH4546! These all look like Juniors / 4+ / Town Junior sets! I'm really disappointed about 1. we're getting another bank and not something new like a jewelry store and 2. even more that this bank is only one floor big - that's a big regress! Hopefully the Great Vehicles and all the other sets then in 2020 won't be that low quality than these - if nevertheless, we really will need that CIty D2C set in order to get at least one interesting and nice City set that year!
  27. Great use of the window pieces to build up the wall on the palace car. Looking good with lots of great detailing throughout both cars. Quoting Johnny Cash, "I'd get it one piece at a time and it wouldn't cost me a dime"
  1. Load more activity