All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hey guys, I built a Castle themed Desktop Organizer for my workplace, and here it is
  3. THELEGOBATMAN

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors and discussion

Expecto Patronum - It's a fantastic set, I love every part of it, all the minifigures, excellent Stag and an amazing build. Stud shooter is weird tho. 9/10 Hungarian Horntail Triwizard Challenge - That's... Not as good as I expected. Minifigures are amazing. The tent looks pretty good and the rock with the egg is nice as well. On the other hand, Horntail... It's my favourite creature in whole HP Universe, but this build is not good. Head looks bird-ish, no teeth and only four spikes is just pathetic. Wings are okay, but the torso and legs are awful. Why is it dark brown/black!? Too dark. 6/10 Hagrid's Hut: Buckbeak's Rescue - This is an amazing set. Minifigures are amazing, Buckbeak is perfect and the pumpkin yard is awesome. The build looks perfect, I don't like the fact that it's a facade, but the interior is great so that's cool. 9/10 Hogwarts Clock Tower - That looks awesome, but I can't fully judge it without interior. Eight exclusive minifigures. Wow. All of them are great. Side builds are perfect. Exterior looks amazing. The interior is also fantastic. 9/10 The Knight Bus - The build is perfectly accuarte, looks great. Minifigures are nice, but the set has no real content. It's boring, and plain, but nice. 7/10
  4. Ankoku

[GBC] The Akiyuki Project

This does actually get you there. It is done via 6 gears, rather than the 8 shown here. It does provide a smoother drive chain. Not convinced on the idea though. I think the main issue is that the whole system is right at the edge of the slip threshold of the clutch. That said, doubling up the clutch seems like a bad idea.
  5. Lego-Freak

I like it too, a new piece would have been unnecessary and the regular dress piece would have looked weird, so this was the best solution
  6. KotZ

Heroica RPG 2.0

I think regarding "Weak" and such might be arguing semantics, unless I'm reading you wrong (there's a good chance of that). I think that while it's definitely complex, it can help reduce exorbitantly high SP. Regarding ranges, I would say have what row enemies are on to know who is where, it's somewhat still the old system, just with an extra row and limitations. I do agree the limitations are complex. Should row be gotten rid of altogether? That was a concern I had when I was typing it up, the attribute system. Any suggestions at adjustments? Maybe attributes are what you decide when you start? Maybe we get rid of them all together and go just straight proficiencies? The only issue I have then is when someone levels is regarding their HP: do we completely remove that and no HP gain ever, or to we keep it? I would say maybe adjust the above system to you get 1 point every level, and a certain number to unlock a proficiency. You can then decide to save that point for a specific proficiency, or add it to your Maximum HP. So two people at Level 10 for example could have very different HP/class builds but still the same points. Maybe it's 2 skill points for proficiencies and 2 for HP. The "Class" idea is more of a way to have someone start with something, that they can easily spec out of down the line. I know someone mentioned the idea of a respec option, which I completely agree with. The mini-class idea also is a way for this test quest to see balance. I took the proficiencies from your earlier post (thanks for that), and renamed one of them and removed others that might not be useful for this test quest I had in mind. This is where I found Skill and Smart to be the most useful, not for rolls but for expanding your proficiency ability, but it does have the same issue with the old system. I think the combat vs "regular" skills is mostly fine, especially if skill and smart is adjusted. Many games have passive and active abilities, so that's where I was going with some combat and some "regular" skills/traits. Arcana/Tech/Wisdom were definitely the three I was wanting to playtest, although combining them into one proficiency might be easier. Basically it was a way to have space magic and tech, allowing players to decide for their characters like a healer or caster/wizard was more tech based or more magic based. Some thing, just different explanations almost. Keep them equal but allow players to get into their characters for opportunity for tons of diverse characters. Maybe make initiative a d6? Or should everything be on d20? And Heroica 1.0 definitely has a swingy way of doing things, so I figured making everything a bit more even with those rolls would help. I'l be honest, I haven't played D&D proper in years, so I'm a bit confused on how to make enemies target PCs. The shield system restore came from someone else (Zepher or CMP maybe?), and it's definitely Mass Effect like. Definitely agreeing with Kintobor, that levels should be tracking points. See my above corrections/thoughts on that from what WBD said. The only issue with not having logarithmic is having lots of people be super powers in a short time. Then that would result, I think, in making more proficiencies, both horizontally and above Level IV, which I don't totally mind, but then there could be balance issues between a character with a Level IX proficiency and a Level II in the same proficiency. Factor in WP inevitably rising as players go on quests, and then we're screwed. That's why I think logarithmic starting at 10 and only gaining have experience from then on after a fight is fair. Players won't be stuck with Level 33.33 etc.
  7. kirkwoodproductions

Seem to be the only person who likes the yule ball Hermione. The printing is very good and I love the fact that she's the correct height. Does anyone else find Ron's alternate face very jarring? He looks like a miserable middle aged man, not a 13 year old.
  8. I broke quite a few of the redish brown 1x1 clips on the UCS sandcrawler. 2 while building and about 10 dismantling. I contacted Lego and they sent out about 20 of the new clip design as a replacement. (My broken piece order was originally rejected probably because of how many broke but I spoke to customer service and they were really helpful and explained the part is redesigned to be stronger etc. I posted the broken pieces back for quality control). Other than this I don't think any other pieces have broken for me. I did have a piece arrive all disformed out of the bag (2x16 tan plate from memory - Disney castle) but still building that so haven't requasted a replacement yet until it's built in case there are others (however unlikely).
  9. Whovastron

Ha, I said hermione would be a printed brick but people said that was a stupid idea and they wouldn’t do that. they look alright. Love expecto, clock tower and hagrids hut. The knight bus looks a tad too blocky for me, and the horntail set just looks awful. The horntail has too small a head and too big legs, and that “tent” looks horrifically bad
  10. Agent Kallus

The open back make sense to me, but the lack of uniform torsos is shame, though at least this mean it won't skew the house ratio's even more. (I use the duplicate uniform torso to make extra students and they are almost all gryfindor for obvious reasons)
  11. Retro

[MOC] T-88 X Wing Fighter Mk.II

It's a great model. The colours and the photography really pop. Tyrrell Ford 012, Stefan Bellof, Monaco 1984?
  12. deraven

[MOC] T-88 X Wing Fighter Mk.II

That looks great all-around! I especially like the shaping around the main body at the droid/engine area. Very nicely integrated with an appropriate amount of greebling. My favorite element, however, may be the little HUD-type display at the front of the cockpit; such a nice subtle little detail! Great build!
  13. Tariq j

Overall looks like a good wave. The Clocktower looks excellent. I think it’s the second time we’ve seen this in Lego? The minifigures are everything I could expect from this. I love the stained glass window mermaid in the prefect’s bathroom . I have to appreciate that turntable dancing feature they’ve included. Looks like Ron got to dance with Fleur after all . Dumbledore’s office feels a little... shoehorned to be honest. It’s a nice inclusion but could’ve been saved for a later set where more space was available. I’m not too keen on the Knight Bus since the windows look much taller than they should. But I do really like that Stan figure! I really like what they’ve done with Hagrid’s Hut. Even if it is a facade. All the accessories hanging of the beam give it a more cluttered look. I like the Horntail set but I would’ve preferred a spectator stand like the previous version rather than the tent. Nonetheless the Horntail looks excellent.
  14. Ravenclaw

I think all the builds are looking pretty good, but the one thing I wish there were more of would be Hogwarts students besides Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I love that we got Seamus and Susan in the first wave plus the great CMF, but I wish they would've found a way to sneak a few more in this wave.
  15. strangely

Not sure why people don't like Hermione's dress. If it had been a slope piece it would have been the exact same print except the darkest pink layer would disappear on the sides, plus it's inconsistent with Hermione's height in the rest of the wave. Honestly this solution really pleases me, they actually got to portray the multiple shades of color correctly on the dress. Printing on the back would have been nice, but they barely do that even on proper slope bricks.
  16. According to BrickLink they are #95343
  17. Raptor of Vengeance

JurassicVerse 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

I’m actually glad there’s only five sets to worry about this time. It was a smart move to release a smaller, more affordable JP set among the seven other JW sets. It also gave LEGO a better idea if it would sell well, which it apparently did.
  18. spiderfan2000

All the sets look great! I'll definitely end up buying all of them. Definitely a great surprise to wake up to on my birthday!
  19. Final Vote Tally Braxton Bear: 7 (Haydn Hippo, Myrtle Monkey, Gracie Goat, Ronan Rabbit, Caldwell Crocodile, Huxley Horse, Brewer Bunny) Haydn Hippo: 2 (Braxton Bear, Bennett Bulldog) Myrtle Monkey: 3 (Leevi Lion. Whitby Walrus, Cleo Cow) Huxley Horse: 2 (Pascha Poodle, Pierot Parrot) Gracie Goat: 1 (Ember Elephant) Non-voters: 0 Day One ends without a lynch. Night One begins now and will last 48 hours. You have precisely 24 hours to get your Night Actions in. Late Night Actions will not be accepted. If you are a player who can communicate outside of the day thread, you may now communicate from now until voting starts on Day Two.
  20. I have both sets you mentioned that were purchased used and neither exhibits this issue. However, I have broken quite a few of the reddish brown 1x1 tile with clip on top from other sets, I think Lotr sets mainly.
  21. BrianGT

Nico71's Creations

Awesome job on the S2000, great job capturing the curves of the car!
  22. little event from the ancient age
  23. Good post. Sorry about your struggles! I would be interested to read opinions of why so few comments are posted in general. Is it considered passé now? Was posting comments on MOCs a very 2009 thing? A Premier League match report in the Guardian can get 1000s of comments despite it basically being the same topic over and over again... I think Eurobricks should put up a banner headline encouraging people to post (friendly) comments! I personally have zero interest in digital Lego designs, sorry. For me it is strictly a tinkering-with real bricks exercise. I don't like any hobby that involves using a computer. It's too much like my job. (I'm doing this on a smart phone!). I would rather see a quirky build using 20 real bricks and a minifigure than see an LDD. But don't let that stop you enjoying your branch of the Lego world.
  24. pleegwat

Technic 2019 Set Discussion

I suspect price per kilogram gives a more constant figure than price per piece, but I'm too lazy to run the number. Though 'complex' pieces like electronics, pneumetics, LAs, etc are obviously extra.
  25. Hoth Rebel

_Dimaks_lego_ has them. I asume they will be revealed soon as these are the pictures you see on Amazon and other retailers. The studshooter in the patronum set actually has a really nice function as a 4x4 dish shooter.
  26. @ProvenceTristram Though I think some of your sentiment is mostly correct, I feel compelled to chime in with my view. It would seem that these days, there is very little MOC activity on EuroBricks as a whole. Some people continue to build, but few comment. The most activity seems to be garnered within specific communities, such as the Guilds of Historica (in which I was once active), where builders begin to recognize one another. On that note, though I rarely log into EuroBricks and comment anymore, your name is definitely one I recognize for an LDD builder that makes models I quite enjoy. I do enjoy LDD MOCs and also make my own, but they are a different consideration in my mind than physical MOCs due to a number of differences. Renders are getting pretty realistic which helps a lot, but digital MOCs will always be missing some of the elements of a physical MOC. I personally build in LDD as a map of parts required for physical MOCs, but this is still limiting at times, since I prefer to just build with actual bricks. The digital MOCs will never have the accomplishment of the investment in acquiring parts, and I find this to be an interesting aspect of building. Considering the use of parts I have rather than always buying all parts adds a nice limitation to design that spurs creativity. This is one aspect that I do not like with LDD: unlimited parts with unlimited colors does not drive my creativity like actual limitations do. Because of this, and since I use LDD as a map for physical MOCs, I am usually pretty careful in LDD to only use parts that actually exist, especially if I already have them. One thing I think about when considering digital MOCs is that the design is only one element of a physical build. LDD only incorporates design, while physical builds incorporate the time to build, investment in parts, and playability/viewability/tangibility in addition to the design. These are valued by those who have fought with these aspects and are more likely to be appreciated when seen in the MOCs of others. There will also always be an element of added perceived value when builders use rare parts or mass quantities of parts, thus demonstrating the difficulty of completing the actual build. This is probably due to synthesized value from supply and demand, but I doubt people are apt to change their minds about the applied extrinsic value (I think my thought here runs along the comparison to why people value gold even though most people are not using it directly but rather are just enjoying the beauty and the value in having something someone else wants). This element of added value will always be missed with LDD and may instead be replaced with the opposite effect since it seems a bit like a cheat of this system since there is unlimited supply. Of course, real limitations apply to physical MOCs that do not apply in LDD, such as gravity effects. Stability is not an issue in LDD like it is in reality. Because of this, I think more value is placed on the physical build, since the photograph is evidence enough that it is physically possible (also why I do not really like MOC photos that are photoshopped for reasons other than view quality). In order to garner this same value with LDD, one must find a way to prove stability, such as building elements in reality to test concepts. Otherwise, it is unproven, which is not to say that the LDD MOC is not stable but just uproven. For me personally, I value the process of building, the touch of the bricks, the sound of rustling through bins, etc. more than just the design, so I prefer physical builds over digital builds. Because of this I will also naturally place more value on the physical builds of others over digital builds. I still really like some digital builds that show obvious time investment into building and rendering unique pieces, but I would prefer to see them in real bricks. If you do not have physical bricks and enjoy digital building, keep doing it regardless of what others think. In the end, I have learned that it is best to do what I enjoy regardless of what anyone else thinks since reliance on others to guide or determine what I like always results in disappointment at some point with someone. I doubt you will ever see me commenting to convince someone not to continue making LDD builds. ...and I did fail to mention that part of what shapes my view is that I am a working engineer with a decent salary who has made a significant investment into physical LEGO pieces. I just try to make good investments into nostalgic sets that may gain value and into MOC pieces that have more than one use for many types of MOCs.
  1. Load more activity