All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Recently I found this set (See attached image). I am so interested. However, just one thought - I think Lego bricks are made of ABS instead of PP(Polypropylene), which is considered to be food safe. Could ABS leach into food?
  3. pooda

LEGO Ninjago 2020

I didn't mean all of them at the same time, Captain Obvious! I meant some of them.
  4. J4ck

LEGO Ninjago 2020

And a great one too! You can’t pool all the characters that haven’t been released into one set, you need to spread them out.
  5. IRON man mech covered in GOLD ingots just thought that was funny (I know Gold is part of his color scheme, it's just a joke)
  6. LuigiBobLegoPants

Minecraft 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

As a graphic designer, I LOVE the new box design! May get the buildable creeper and the small set with the fox.
  7. I've never been so happy digging up my old Bricklink account for this... Jokes aside, I may get that Iron Man Mech since I've missed the UCS one, oh well!
  8. I can honestly say that I know as much (or as little) as you guys.
  9. CSW652

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I could go for either a bookstore or a police station, but am waiting to see what they actually release. As far as the supposed police station description, why would they include an optometrist. Seems a bit out of place to me, but then again they did put a vet clinic above a car repair shop/ gas station and a boxing gym above a diner.
  10. pooda

Ideas for new City sets

@TeriXeri How the hell are you able to pull out so many good points from my statement?
  11. Mechbuilds

Technic General Discussion

I think it's actually the smartest thing on the road.. Nickname: Tired of trying to fix curvy shapes on cars.
  12. I tried to build a transformer vehicle which doesn't include 1x1 handles (26047), 1x1 clips (15712) and 1x1 brackets (36840, 36841)this time. This LEGO MOC contains 19 LEGO lots and 48 total LEGO parts. Transformation stop motion animation : 00:41
  13. Lucarex

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

I recall it was confirmed to be in a final flagship set of that subtheme, which was subsequently cancelled.
  14. Kaanere

Lego Architecture 2020

Tokyo looks great, although it bothers me slightly that the Skytree isn't to scale. It should be almost twice as tall as the Tokyo Tower: Anyways, it's great that they put a bit of Japanese traditional architecture, even if they're dwarfed by the towers. The mini Mount Fuji at the background is a nice touch too. From left to right, I think that the buildings in Tokyo are: the Sensoji temple Pagoda, Tokyo Tower, Mode Gauken Cocoon Tower, Zohoji Temple, Mt. Fuji, Shibuya crossing (?), Skytree, (I can't identify the building at the far right).
  15. Wellesley

[ESL-FB] Brick-making factory

This is really nice:D
  16. LoL My oh my....what a monstrosity.
  17. adwind

[MOC] Ambulance and Fire Truck

Beautiful design! I wish I had one of these when I was a kid :)
  18. What the Kyle are you talking about?
  19. TeriXeri

Ideas for new City sets

Shops, Businesses and Restaurants (and food/shop vehicles) overall seem to be fairly complicated subject as they are divided between many themes right now, and I don't think they can simply put it all under 1 theme. I think the main advantage of putting some shops under 3-in-1 still are the alternate builds, in the last 5 or so years, there's been multiple shops that turned into entirely different shops with the alternate builds. Recent examples are the 2017 Corner Deli into a Flower Shop , 2018 Sweet Surprises Shop turning into a Swimming Pool, 2019 Petshop/Cafe turning into a Barber+Dentist or Bank, and 2020 again Toy Shop into Flower Shop or another Cake Shop. I'm not saying City buildings can't be repurposed or MOCed into different shops, LEGO used to have basicly 2-3 alternate builds on the back of boxes, now it's up to the builders themselves. 3-in-1 just acts as a little extra guideline. However we seem to be getting more and more shops in City sets lately. - Pizza Van being sold for nearly 3 years, now, (retiring soon) , Ice Cream truck likely the direct replacement - Donut Shop / Toy Shop set - Ski Resort (Ski Shop / Hot Chocolate stand) - Burger Bar - People packs / Polybags / Magazine Gifts : Icecream/Hotdogs/Pizza Also various food items within other sets, like pizza in space sets, popcorn in 2019 fire station, hotdogs/chicken legs in camping sets, cupcakes in hospital shop, cookies/donuts in advent calendars , and then Xtra food packs. I'd love to see more non-food shops (beside just toys/pets) in City/3-in-1 as well like minfiig accesoires , hair salon (hairpieces) , torsos/legs as clothes shop, and a true supermarket minifig set, but most of this seems to be just under Friends right now. Maybe also Xtra packs with just minifig heads / torsos / legs to expand customization , I know people packs kind of serve that purpose but aren't cheap.
  20. Alpine Builder

[MOC] Secret of the Castle

Thank you all for your nice comments and support! @The_Cook Thanks for your useful feedback. - You are right about the constraints of a real Lego set and its box. But this is a just a first phase, where each author pitches the product idea to the public and to the Lego Group in the best way he can. If the idea gathers enough votes and gets chosen by the Lego, their designers and marketing department will take over the product development. So they will choose the best way to communicate the idea to the buyers, they will probably modify some features of the set and the story behind it (based on their market research), and they will choose what will appear on the box. Many Lego sets have a number of play features, but they always find a good way to show all that on a box. - Since castle sets are in many ways oriented toward boys, I thought it would be interesting to add some elements to this set that are appealing to the girls also. In my view, that can be an advantage of this product idea. - I also agree with what you wrote about medieval conflict - it often involves storming the castle. Since many other Lego castles and fortifications have some kind of gate, I intentionally designed this set to represent the part of the castle away from the gate - the place where the princess would have her room. One can certainly use the secret door as a way for the attackers to enter the castle. Also, this set can be seamlessly connected to many classic modular castle sets, so it's easy to add a set with a gate, if someone wishes to. Of course, if this project gets enough votes and gets chosen, maybe Lego designers will decide to add some kind of gate to it before it is released. - About the stairs and available space in the rooms: I designed this set not just for the kids, but also for the AFOLs who have so many nice memories about playing with classic castle sets in their childhood, and also for the collectors who will maybe see this set as a good addition to their castle collections. Therefore I placed stairs inside, because many AFOLs (like myself) appreciate a higher level of realism. I think there is enough space for the little hands inside, but as you said it is hard to judge without the built model. Making a tower with a larger space inside would result in too wide and too tall tower, which would not look good (because my goal was to make a retro set which looks good when placed next to any classic castle set). As I mentioned previously, all chosen projects will be built by the Lego designers in order to test everything, and anything that needs to be modified will be fixed in that phase of development. Thanks once again for your comments! @Petric_G Now I am really curious to hear your idea :)
  21. Today
  22. pooda

Ideas for new City sets

@TeriXeri I can attest to the last statement. Though I do think that as far as shops and restaurants are concerned, they should leave that to City. Creator can stay with houses.
  23. TeriXeri

Ideas for new City sets

City/Creator does have some representation of sports in it's sets, it's just not as directly focused as they do with Friends, which have actual sports location sets like gyms and competitions (as MAB posted above pictures) City seems to mainly have focused on winter sports recently with sets like 2018 Ambulance Helicopter, 2019 Snow Groomer and Ski Resort , and advent calendars have some snow/ice sport usually. Beside People Packs (Park/Beach/Outdoor) and the occasional sailing/surfing/diving set, there's not many other sports represented regularly. Creator has had skiing/snowboarding in 1 recent set, a basketball ring on 2 houses, and skateboards/surfboards in various sets but also no major "Sports" locations unlike friends. I also would love to see more minifig horses again, it's been a long time since there's been any regular minifig horses in a non-licensed set. (unlike the Friends-style horses). I think LEGO can easily put things like houses, shops, sports into City if they wanted to, but ever since Friends appeared, some types of sets stopped appearing very little to none at all in City. 3-in-1 could be seen as an extension to City in some ways as it has had actual minifig houses and shops in recent times, but Friends is where the majority of such subjects seem to go (Sports/Activities/Houses/Furniture/Cooking/Jobs/Talent related sets)
  24. Digger of Bricks

LEGO Collectible Minifigures Dream Series Game.

Sweet!
  25. Digger of Bricks

Jon Hall's Airplane

Ah, yes, I remember you mentioning that awhile ago back on @danth's Inspirational MOC topic! Is he a Eurobricks member though?
  1. Load more activity