All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. vectormatic

42108 - Mobile Crane

From a technical view im not exactly blown over by the boom extension, using a ratchet rather then a worm gear put a lot of static strain on the entire mechanism (all gears and axles between boom and ratchet are strained when the boom is extended and erected), but im guessing it should be easy to convert to a worm gear. Im also quite curious to see how sturdy the extended boom is, from what i can see it is just a single thickness bar with plates top and, it would be nice if there was some option to reinforce it more, but looking at the lower boom, i guess not. I do hope this crane will be strong enough to at least lift a smaller technic model for a nice showpiece setup. Ive seen €99 floating around as the german price, which sounds good to me, with the inevitable 25-30% discount spikes, ill be picking one up
  3. agrof

42108 - Mobile Crane

I was excited about this set, and what a big disappointment to me. The design (visually) is like it was made by some cheap Chinese toy company, probably the oversized cabin, the unbalanced scale of the upper structure, lame color decisions... It would have been enough to look into some pictures of real mobile cranes during the development. This is truly a missed opportunity to make a compact, modern mobile crane. No B-model is just discreditable to the name of Lego Technic - only exceptions can be the licensed models, but this drilled down to the level, which is not acceptable for me, at all.
  4. Guyon2002

LEGO Ninjago 2020

#legoleaks on Instagram, a.k.a. ''the usual place''
  5. Feng-huang0296

LEGO Ninjago 2020

@priceyplasticproduct, instagram. More, sets have leaked. Jay’s Cyber Dragon is actually kind of disappointing. It’s neat, but there’s something about it that doesn’t satisfy me. Hope the Empire Dragon is better. The Ninja Tuner Car does indeed not belong to a ninja - except it kind of belongs to Jay, because his ‘avatar’ figure is driving it and it is absolutely covered in stickers. Also, Jay and Lloyd’s Velocity Racers . . are weird. They don’t match like I expected, and . . I don’t know what’s going on. They look cool, but the threshold is pretty high for ninja vehicles for me considering how many of them we get and these just don’t cut it. Also, two 404 figures are in the Tuner Car set. Interesting. Maybe he has the ability to self-duplicate? It makes sense, in a digiverse world. I’m just imagining a scene where the Ninja are all facing him and go “There’s five of us and only one of you. Surrender!” and 404 just goes, “One of me? I think not,” and then he splits like Doctor Strange and suddenly there’s ten of him surrounding them. That’ll be so cool. Still haven’t seen Kai’s Mech Jet and the Empire Dragon, or the Arcade Pods and most of the Legacy Sets. The City and Friends leaks were only partial, think we’ll see all of them today?
  6. Rudivdk

42108 - Mobile Crane

I like that the control knobs are actually knobs, and not just a double bevel gear. This will prevent some sore fingers for sure Edit @Cumulonimbus: telepathy? Same thought same moment...
  7. Cumulonimbus

42108 - Mobile Crane

Nice medium sized manual model. But I'm surprised that people find it good looking. In my eye, the cab looks too wide and far forward, the wheels stick out the sides and the main body lacks ... body. I like the new knobs, much friendlier for your fingers than the small gears.
  8. Lego David

LEGO Ninjago 2020

Where can I see the leaked sets?
  9. Bugbot20082

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & discussion

I Hope we get more too :), owls are quite special for HP I remember the old original sets had an owl in almost every box (but they were the less nice unprinted versions) LEGO was also fond of putting a spider in almost every set...they have not done that so much this time thankfully. Maybe we could see more nifflers or even pixies show up as random animals in future sets too :D
  10. If only Jim... At what will be retail in NZ an $299NZD set even if local retailers do the standard 20% discount, its still a very expensive set for what it is.. And honestly it looks shite.... and I'm certainly one that rarely says or comments like that, so yes its bad folks...
  11. @Bodi @Basiliscus Thanks! I nearly went with the sausage instead, but the crowbar just works. Yeah, I'm going to get some good use out of that piece. The pelisse works perfectly here, I just wish it was a bit more visible.
  12. https://www.instagram.com/p/B37hb05ptEb/?igshid=ysz3h41ziwt5 This post should help you.
  13. klockizbroda

[MOC] The Old School Caravan Trip

Hello, With this first post I wanted to share with you my latest MOC which I call The Old School Caravan Trip. It is my humble tribute to the classic 'car and caravan' sets done in a bit old fashion way, with a tiny vintage car towing almost equally tiny caravan. The caravan is fitted with a foldable bike rack, a roof rack for the luggage and it has just enough space inside to fit a bed for one minifigure. As an experiment, I decided to submit this MOC as a product idea on LEGO Ideas, so if you fancy supporting it, you may find it here. Hope you'll enjoy it! The Old School Caravan Trip by Michał Piotrewicz, on Flickr The Old School Caravan Trip by Michał Piotrewicz, on Flickr The Old School Caravan Trip by Michał Piotrewicz, on Flickr The Old School Caravan Trip by Michał Piotrewicz, on Flickr The Old School Caravan Trip by Michał Piotrewicz, on Flickr The Old School Caravan Trip by Michał Piotrewicz, on Flickr The Old School Caravan Trip by Michał Piotrewicz, on Flickr
  14. Rudivdk

Technic 2020 Set Discussion

The buggy reminds me of my first ever Technic set, so gonna get that for sure. Mini Claas doesn't do much for me, I love the big Claas but I'm not that much a fan of the genre to want this one also... Maybe for a good price as a partspack... I'm pleasantly surprised by the pullbacks, finally after some years of experiments (engine blocks flying around, 'how can we reduce part count below minimum') we get some properly designed models again. And both their own B-model instead of a combined one is also a nice surprise. Seems like I have to pick up on collecting pullbacks again. The catamaran seems like (test?)phase II of Technic boats... They first tested the market with the sailboat (which was my latest purchase btw), and after positive results they now release take II with specified parts for Technic boats. Like others said, I can see RC boats coming in the near future. Would be a logical step considering the added range of C+ compared to PF, and the fact that light-flickering from water surface does not have an effect on bluetooth... Stunt truck and bike are just not for me. Doesn't look like new parts, maybe some recolors but not much... The crane is an absolute musthave, 8460 all over again. I remember drooling over the catalog pics for hours back then (man, I'm getting old...) Love it! But come on TLG, still no panel #21 & #22 in yellow...? Top Gear car is just too expensive for my taste. I'm not ready for C+ yet (I have a large PF collection) so I'll skip that. It is good to see that these kind of licenses are coming into Technic though, it is a strong brand name but leaves a lot of freedom in design. Would like to see more of this kind of collaborations in the future.
  15. Ragana9289

LEGO Ninjago 2020

I will definitely buy a game store.
  16. Not a big collector of microfighters. The Bantha is well designed but too small to really work as the real thing alongside other system scale sets. Nice to see Zorii will be available in a cheap set. The First Order Battlepack looks fantastic! Nice little speeder build, a cheap way to get more Sith Troopers, two new Sith Jet Trooper figures and an all new officer variant. Can't ask for anything more really. Not too impressed with the Duel on Mustafar. The build doesn't look as well designed compared to previous lightsaber duel or Mustafar sets and the lack of Padme is disappointing. Still its great to have new versions of Anakin and Obi-Wan. The TIE Dagger looks great and the inclusion of a stand is a great way to solve the stability issue of the wings. The X-Wing is the highlight of the new wave with a striking color scheme and improved build over the previous Resistance fighters. Jannah looks awesome and I'm very happy to see we're getting another two Knights of Ren (just leaves the final two for the summer wave).
  17. Renny The Spaceman

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

All of TRoS are really grabbing me (though that TIE Dagger is WAY overpriced) but the others just sorta feel like more of the same
  18. TwoSolitudes

REVIEW | 75252 Imperial Star Destroyer

That is waaaaaaay better. Any rough idea how many tiles you used?
  19. Renny The Spaceman

LEGO Ninjago 2020

Shoot I just noticed a TLM2 styled blue Classic space helmet in the gamer market
  20. Feng-huang0296

LEGO Ninjago 2020

Yeah, the HP bars are neat. Also, one thing I forgot to mention about the Gamer Market; ROCKY DANGERVEST! Awesome! Oh, and Nya in a wetsuit for some reason?
  21. @Jim And hopefully it's printed with the face of Jeremy Clarkson ROTFLMAO
  22. Lego-Freak

LEGO Ninjago 2020

That gamer market set is insane Looks like a really fun wave, especially with those videogame aesthetics And we finally know what those bar-sized holes in the new neck attachment are for
  23. Renny The Spaceman

LEGO Ninjago 2020

Some sets have leaked, the minifig selection of the gamer market is... ...unique
  24. Feng-huang0296

LEGO Ninjago 2020

The sets have started leaking! We’ve seen the Empire Temple of Madness, Golden Mech and Gamer Market so far. And OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD; Other than that the sets look cool, the Temple is smaller than expected but looks pretty cool, and I honestly have no idea what’s up with the Gamer’s Market but it’s gorgeous and I’m definitely getting it. My city totally needs a black market. The Golden Mech is kind of disappointing, but only because it doesn’t come with an Overlord Dragon like we expected, and it still looks pretty gorgeous. It looks like it’s the same Golden Ninja minifig as this year, but with the Forbidden Spinjitzu shoulder armour in gold now. Surprising. Can’t wait for the rest of the sets!
  25. mpj

Technic 2020 Set Discussion

The orange colour of the Buggy looks to be the light orange from the 42099.
  26. Renny The Spaceman

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

I'm not the biggest fan of these sets though I do like them putting the characters from the TV show in them
  1. Load more activity