All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. gotoAndLego

Using vintage structures with newer, wider, vehicles

You could modify them to be the correct scale.
  3. A great take on the X-wing! Well done!
  4. jorgeopesi

[WIP] Volvo L350H

I like what I see, it is like my first wheels loaders, the only think I can say now is that the lateral movement of the U-joints is enough believe me but I wuold change the steering system, I think you would need small Linear Actuators or something alike to the 8265 system.
  5. We may not get any JP sets in the future, though. JW theme is very unpredictable, first wave was only Jurassic World, second - Fallen Kingdom and one odd JP set, this year some Legend of Isla Nublar, which no one saw coming. The theme is likely to continue until JW3 comes out, but we can't be sure there will be more original trilogy sets. That's why people (including me) want this D2C to be as complete as possible, in case it's the last JP set. I believe LEGO designed Nedry and Malcolm to be scene specific (Nedry's venom covered face complete with yellow jacket instead of grey one he has in the control room, sweaty Malcolm in unbuttoned shirt which is after the T-rex attack) for a reason, meaning there's possibly more in this set than just Visitor Centre. My current prediction is MBS style (maybe even with the branding on the box) Jurassic Park Tour, which will allow for the entire scenario of Nedry's little "heist" and subsequent dinos' breakout to be played out. It would include a rather scaled down Visitor Centre with just few essential rooms - lobby, control room, lab, maybe theatre; outside there'd be JP gate, T-rex paddock and the area where the dilophosaurus attacks Nedry; ideally we'd get all four cars, but one Jeep and one tour car are most likely. In this case, T-rex and dilo are a given, there's a small chance for a second raptor (to pair with the one from 75932) and maybe a triceratops if the designers wanted the tour to be complete.
  6. Very nicely done. I like that you are not afraid to present your opinion of your own work and its relation to others. For sure this build is one to add to the mini pantheon of great models built recently, I’d say since around when Maciej introduced panels for the fuselage, there have been several great works. With each one shared, I think it’s fascinating that while various guys have been able to present amazing takes on different sections of the same ship, no one has really been able to nail the entire thing. Of course that’s not taking anything away from anybody, they are all beautifully crafted. But the X-wing is deceivingly complex after the first glance as I’m sure you are all aware, and I’m not sure that with the current part palette that it’s possibly to completely nail it everywhere. And I think that’s a good thing – I can pick out from each one highlights, and also shortcomings, often one necessitated by the other. So for your effort, I’d say that the front fuselage, crucially from the side and above, is the best yet. It’s true that the choice taken to stick to structure and form versus surface details gives you more freedom to achieve this, but that’s how it’s done, and it looks fantastic. Again with (your) nose is where I find the dilemmas the X-wing presents you as you try to re-construct the model come to the surface. You have a beautiful silhouette, possibly the best there is, but it comes at the cost of a blunt leading edge. Do you see where I’m coming from? It’s an absolute puzzle. I also like the window for the cockpit. I am not sure if you have seen mine but we have a similar method but different result. For sure both fit the rest of each ship very well. I’m not sure how much the decision to avoid cutting hoses affecting the way you built yours. Honestly I feel that building yours in white has hidden a bit of its beauty, I found personally looking first at Maciej’s ship that grey really makes the edges pop, I think yours would benefit from it too, but that’s just my view. I’m not a huge fan of your cannons but the wings overall are very slick. The only serious drawback for me with your effort is the rear fuselage section. I’d say about from the cockpit rear all the way to the ‘butt’ is just a little less elegant than all the rest of it. I am not sure how much of that is a result of structural requirements, space, style – I don’t know. That’s my main criticism of an otherwise gorgeous model. It goes both ways too. I obsessed over including every face of the rear nonagon (and heptagon) along the fuselage and as a result, it is a little bit fat, and I’d bet more fragile as well. So there you go. Extremely well done.
  7. I don`t know, where to place this creation, here or in Licensed theme. I`ve build this tower of Orthanc from LOTR using the parts from LEGO set 76100 :) More views, review and instruction in my video: Hope, you will like it )
  8. Yes )) sometimes I use this technic ) my another alternative build from this set:
  9. Today
  10. Gorilla94

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors and discussion

Thank you! :) Sound's good... I hope the theme will give us in total black, tan, dark tan, reddish and dark brown, light and dark bluish gray, so it's possible to swap the middle earth dwarf's legs. This way they are smaller than humanes but bigger than Hobbits like in the books :) if I am correct we still need tan, light bluish gray and maybe a brown depending on wich brown Ron's legs are.
  11. Legoniche

The dark tan mid legs come on harry- I’m just hoping we get the specific colours to swap out the legs in the hogwarys express- we’ve already gotten dark tan, and grey- just need dark blue now!
  12. efferman

Effe's MOC Corner

aah, a technic Beam.
  13. grego18f

Effe's MOC Corner

It seems that I can't edit my previous message... Here is the link: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3703#T=C
  14. RandomSniper109

I know there is dk tan, I’m not sure it has been specified but Yule ball Ron will most likely have brown or black (I don’t know if it has been revealed) and Harry has black also hermione has blue
  15. AVCampos

Powered Up - A tear down...

They've already started doing that with their Python support for the EV3.
  16. Gorilla94

I am not that sure, if this is of topic, but what colours do we know the mid sized legs will appear in this year? I guess besides Chip and Dale (medium dark Flash and reddish brown) from the Disney cmf we will see these legs only in HP sets this year. Already saw a leaked figure of Harry with dark bluish gray legs in the usual place.
  17. Lucarex

Contest! Marchitecture 2019 is on!

Just seen this...jeez TLG’s Architecture theme NEEDS to make that Colosseum
  18. efferman

Effe's MOC Corner

there is something wrong with your link
  19. Lucarex

Potential LEGO Scooby-Doo comeback in 2020?

Whilst like many others I loved the theme back in 2015 (as did my then-little boy), I do wonder if there is an argument for less is more? The Spooky Lighthouse and Mystery Machine (with interior mod) were perfect and god knows there’s plenty of themes (no names) that suffer from overkill. Regarding this animated movie, I wouldn’t raise hopes. TLG have made several animated Scooby hour-long features since the main line (Haunted Hollywood, Pirate Beach Bash) without corresponding sets.
  20. grego18f

Effe's MOC Corner

I meant this one : https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3703#T=C
  21. FFH sets have hit the UK, in hand this morning!
  22. TheRandomBlocker

€20 not $20
  23. efferman

Effe's MOC Corner

A technic Beam or a system Beam? by the way, i guess i know which type of train it will be.
  24. Guyon2002

I heard EP was 20
  25. grego18f

Effe's MOC Corner

Well done. You can also you inverted studful 16L Beam. When I built my Nooteboom years ago, this proved to be efficient regarding bending. But obviously, the top surface wouldn't be smooth...
  26. Hi, I recently went back to Lego after a while and have decided to try replicating the new Volvo L350H wheel loader. This MOC is meant to fit the scale of my improved Mack Anthem (dimensions corrected): So, it is roughly 1:22 scale. The finished product will be red (yeah, another red loader) and will be equipped as the one above. I have obviously begun by the front end of the loader. This was quite hard for me to put all the functions in, as the quasi-vertical cylinders, while keeping proportions correct. The front is quite robust, and functions run smoothly. I think I manage to get a correct Z linkage (see photos). I am now building the rear part of the loader. It will have a 42078 inspired engine as I think the Lego cylinders are way too big for this scale. In addition, there will be a pendular axle and easy battery replacement. Mechanical functions will be operated by an L motor via gearboxes. In the following photos, you can see how I progressed. At this stage, there is mainly beaming to delimit the spaces (cabin, trunk, etc). At first, I wanted to put two two-way gearboxes, but it resulted that I have not enough room because I am limited to 7 studs wide in most parts of the loader (this is partially due to the 94.8 wheels and scale). I ended up with a simple gearbox... Be aware, the gears are not held properly, but I just wanted to show the routing. This one is meant to reduce the number of gears and thus maximize lifting capacity. https://bricksafe.com/pages/grego18f/mack-granite/volvo-l350h If I submit this loader at its early development stages, this is to obtain your feedback. I really think there is room for improvement (and maybe two-way gearboxes!). So, any suggestion is welcome. At the same time, I am reworking the lower central articulation. In the previous iteration, I realized there would be 2 studs ground clearance. That is why I ended with the actual design (allowing 3 studs ground clearance). I am not yet satisfied with the connection because it limits the lateral movement of the U-joints… That’s all for now 😉
  1. Load more activity