All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. rodiziorobs

[MOC] Iron

You definitely nailed the retro-astro-mechanical look here (not exactly steampunk, but there's some overlap) and I love it. The piping along the bottom edge, the iron-clad warship look to it--so many wonderful details, while keeping a unique and almost whimsical overall shape.
  3. rodiziorobs

[MOC] SPACEship

Not at all what I expected to see when I came here...it reminds me of the Alphabet Fighters! contests FBTB has held in years previous...but on a much larger scale of building than was usually seen there. Very whimsical and creative, and very well done
  4. Guyon2002

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors and discussion

Shouldn't be long now. But technically, none of the June sets have been officially revealed by lego as they were just put online by random toy stores
  5. Erik Leppen

Technic General Discussion

I imagine the new frames not to stand on themselves when supporting a structure. They can act as a base, and then be reinforced by other parts, such as smaller frames, dogbones, 3x5 L beams, diagonals, etc. As for MOCs being assembled: I disassemble quite quickly; I never have more than 3 models standing at once; and my MOCs are usually around 3000 parts each (at most). For exxample I'm currently redoing my latest mobile crane WIP, which is similar in size to 42009, and so far, uses one 5x11 frame, and five 5x7. (The reason for the low number is that I use studded beams for the chassis). For some reason, those 4x6 beams are parts I find myself often using way less than I own. I'm often surprised how many they come in sets, but I find them a bit unwieldy to use. If I want to support a 5-tall structure, I more often resort to 5x9 double-bent beams, or dogbones, or 3x5 beams. The 4x6 beam is rarely my best option, even though I know that triangles are often the way to go. The problem I often have with the part, is that it leaves a fairly long diagonal section with 4 holes that are "off-grid", yet the diagonal covers a lot of "unit cubes" that then can't be occupied by other parts anymore (so it's more useful in more "open" areas). Also, the final axle hole on the long end is rotated, which disallows connection to other beams with crossholes there (such as 5x9 double-bent). They're super handy to put things at angles, such as wheel arches, but for structural purposes, if I have the option to stay "on the grid" I usually prefer that. And I find that 3x5 dogbones are often super useful structural parts.
  6. Jim

Technic Pub

That's always a risk. In the meantime I hope for the best. That's all I can do. Our itinerary doesn't really allow more changes, so it's now or never
  7. Today
  8. Horace T

[MOC] SPACEship

Wow! I looked through the high res images and I see technic beams for the frame. A very well constructed space ship/cruiser. Reminds me of the original lego space ships with your colours. You have just taken lego space to another level. H
  9. MKJoshA

[N10 - Foundry - TCR] Warehouse visit

Wow. Just when I thought I'd seen it all the next scene would show up! Great work on making the factory feel authentic!
  10. Ankoku

[GBC] The Akiyuki Project

Looks as though he no longer has easy access to the latest version of Cup-to-Cup Type 1. Here is a better quality image, with a favourable angle from the version you see in the 2012 video: "LEGO Great Ball Contraption (GBC) Layout 2012.9". I guess that is when he last took photos of it. I am curious as to his thinking in regards to moving the motor position which you see from 2013 onwards. Was it for better access to the motor in case you needed to change it? Did it relate to the pauses I am seeing, which may be to do with the mechanism which rocks the gears back and forth. Interestingly, the ball guide which stops it progressing further round had the slope at the same level as a the tile. I have the slope one plate up. Question for @djm: In your version, you use the Slope 45 2 x 8, instead of 2x Slope 33 3 x 2 & 2x Slope 18 4 x 2. Do you think the 45° degree slope plus area of flat surface works better than having the ramp right up to the tube? In the 2013 videos and after, he is using 33° slopes, but prior he is using 45°.
  11. HalfBloodPrince

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors and discussion

Man, I think the Harry Potter sets are the only wave for June that still haven’t been revealed yet.
  12. rskamen

[GBC] The Akiyuki Project

@Doug72 While awaiting parts for the Train layout, I started building the Catch & Spin Module. Glad you were able to figure out your timing and speed issues. I always get nervous I won't get it done properly. I am following the instructions carefully and reading the appendix at the end of the pdf file. I am about halfway finished. May need to supplement with a few different colored pieces as well. I will keep you posted. Let me know if you have any specific do's or don'ts, or what to watch out for. Hopefully will get this finished before Easter and my northern family comes down for a weeks visit to the warm Florida sunshine. Thanks
  13. Nexogeek

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

I don't think this was up before but 6258826 the balloon piece from the dragon dance set is up but out of stock, if i'm right and it wasn't up previously maybe it will be for sale soon? Would hate to see what price it would have though given say the bowl piece's price. Don't know but it sure would be awesome if they were.
  14. Any ideas on what the Disney D2C will be this year?
  15. Lyichir

LEGO Ninjago 2019

If there's any Chima connection, I think it's less likely that it's characters FROM the realm Chima than it is for Fire and Ice Chi from that realm to be involved somehow in the resurrection of both sets of seemingly undead elemental baddies. Considering how rarely Copper Metallic is used already, I think the former (one or even both of the colors not being metallic) is far more likely. Looks to me like the main head color is Reddish Brown while the armor is either Copper Metallic or Dark Orange.
  16. Yeah, I agree. There are plenty of options that aren't quite as oversized and undetailed. Another thing that could be fun would be some sort of Galidor cameo—getting a figure like Nick Bluetooth or Gorm as an actual minifigure could be awesome. Though that might be getting a bit TOO franchise-specific. For the mech pilot idea I was thinking something more along the lines of a generic or new character but with a uniform and emblems calling back to the Exo-Force theme.
  17. Agent Kallus

LEGO Ninjago 2019

Look at the giant snake set, compare the head of the snake to the colour of it's shoulder armour. either one of those parts is non metallic or I was right all along.
  18. Hi, I made a battle for Stalingrad stop motion. Thanks for watching!
  19. Holodoc

Review: 30452 Iron Man and Dum-E Polybag

Thanks for a nice little review on an also nice little set. I'm looking forward to get the set - if only I knew where to get it. Free promotional item? S@H doesn't show a result when looking for '30452'. Any other availability in Europe?
  20. ritztoys

[MOC] Southern Pacific 4-10-2

Sorry Jeffislaw, didn't mean to high jack your post, just want to improve a great looking Loco! Zephyr1934, I'm still trying different combinations of all parts associated with this type of valve gear(had to take a break, Dentist pulled 4-eye teeth!) Your suggestions are well received, with some new ideas..... I'll post what I come up with, maybe nothing changes I don't know yet! I also like your 2nd attachment point too.
  21. Aventador2004

Technic Pub

Be wary that the Falcon is often delayed at least a day. Last launch was delayed twice. Hi everyone else. I haven't posted any replies for a while, but I have been simply reading all the topics. Have a lot of time doing other studies now. will be breaking out of the short dark age soon.
  22. Doug72

[GBC] Need some help please

Why not just space the pins on the lift conveyor further apart, which should allow time for top bucket to swing upwards in time OK.
  23. TeriXeri

Themes LEGO should discontinue

Agreed, I loved the 60th anniversary sets for sure as they were a great mix of parts and basic minifigs + accesoires. Fun in the XXX sets so far have been very good also. Xtra has been a great parts "theme" as well. As time went on, Basic eventually turned into Bricks and More , and then into Classic, eventually resulting in a lot more parts types and colors (which could be seen as either good or bad depending on goal) Bricks and More did have sets and suitcases with minfigures in them from 2008-2013, and I believe the concept of those sets shifted to Juniors (2014-2018). And now 4+ (2019) Now I was personally in the dark age until 2015, but it's interesting to see the 2000s-2015 period in retrospect. Now I know there are other official sources for parts, like Pick a Brick or Bricks and Pieces but leaving those out of the subject right now.
  24. Indeed, thin liftarms could get easily loose, so best way for reinforcement is to use 6 X 4 bent liftarms
  25. I_Igor

General Part Discussion

This post is actually for @dimaks13 - it looks like tire is keeping together with wheel from left and right side ... Sadly LEGO dominant tires are still balloon tires
  26. A little sneak peek of what the final design will look like! Fortunately, I got the surface details working much faster then I thought. So much fun to play around with alternatives when you have infinite bricks in all colors without waiting for Bricklink orders :D. But I didn't expected the two designs being that much similar, besides the details. Still not finished because I am going to check the inner structure and strength before coming to an end with this. Millennium Falcon LDD - Sneak Peek by sti fos, auf Flickr
  1. Load more activity