All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Bartybum

42108 - Mobile Crane

Looks interesting. Not really a fan of the front’s weird proportions. Would’ve preferred something more Liebherr-esque.
  3. Gray Gear

42108 - Mobile Crane

*Insert video of huge LEGO crawler crane lifting a chair here* Yeah, it seems like a fairly good model, if you are into construction vehicles
  4. I also put a lot of thinking in this topic. But I never understood why the motors are so 'bad'. But now you mention this it makes sense. Because Lego can't demand from kids and parents for lubricating the axles of their Technic Sets like I do it with my highspeed Buggy. :D So TLG have to bring save products (sets but also motors in general) without this modifications necessary we AFOLs do. And this excludes strong and fast motors. As much as it hurts to say this. Overall this Rallye Car is fast enough for me for a Lego Set. But it is definitely to much money for what you get (2 DinA4 Sticker sheets :P). This is a very small car. 80€ or even 90-100€ would be OK. But not for this price tag (Yes the price will fall. But if it would be cheaper from start it could be cheaper with sales again...).
  5. Well, I think using the small gear side from the old diff will still be better for my purpose. At least I dont have to bricklink this piece for like 8€
  6. Maaboo35

42108 - Mobile Crane

Few Technic cranes are actually built to lift anything remotely weighty. I said it on the general discussion topic but I'll reiterate it here: this is a bangin' crane, but with no B-model it feels like half a set.
  7. It's not so much bigger than the current gear, 28 vs 24 teeth. And it can be meshed in 2 directions, so it's a universal diff.
  8. Maaboo35

Technic 2020 Set Discussion

As long as that's the only j-wordy part they're doing, I'm good. No one-piece crane booms, TLG... It is indeed cool that the Mini Xerion steers, as does the forager. Sometimes the tiny sets can be just as impressive as the big stuff!
  9. I want it for center diff in a AWD car, so it would be exactly what I want, but not such a huge gear?!
  10. Indeed, and with a gear at only one side it is not very useful in a gearbox.
  11. Maaboo35

Technic General Discussion

I for one am massively relieved that TLG has seen fit to retain models for at least the smaller sets, even if the instructions are digital only. I do like the Mobile Crane, but it still feels like we're getting only half a set.
  12. Bartybum

@Maaboo35 Well then your comment more or less seems unwarranted lol. But now that you mention the Claas, I wanna point out that I’m happy that they’ve also included steering for it.
  13. Gray Gear

42108 - Mobile Crane

...As long as you dont lift heavy objects
  14. Wonder if that new diff assembly is similar to efferman's 3D printed designs, cause then it would make sense why TLG took down ALL compatible 3D custom parts from thingiverse, shapeways etc this year...so they can make their own parts without people saying it was copied.
  15. vascolp

Hi All!

Mostly, I build them, unbuild them and store them in drawers... I don´t have space to have them all exposed... Any way, currently I have been playing with 42110... I was considering storing pictures in brickshelf but it seems a bit difficult to create a new account... first it does not like the password then "There was a server error. Please go back and try again.".... any clues? Thanks!
  16. When I heared "mated to a clutch gear" I expected the diff to be able to be mated eith any clutch gear...but looking at this it seems like the Diff is somehow inside of the gear, which makes using smaller gears impossible :(
  17. Maaboo35

To be fair, I did make it clear that I'd only really care if I gave a wet slap about boats. Which I don't. I also noticed that the small lime panels from 42080 make a return in the Mini Xerion! I was wondering where they'd reappear.
  18. Thirdwigg

42108 - Mobile Crane

That's my guess too. It seems the ratchet is to keep it from sliding back down since I cannot see a worm gear for extension. It seems like an odd workaround, but I guess it would work.
  19. Jeroen Ottens

42108 - Mobile Crane

OF course
  20. Depends on what you mean by interior :) I'm not building those minifig-scale playable interiors, like Lego is doing often on the official sets. On the other hand, I will build all the hangars in the same scale as model including some micro fighters Thanks!
  21. Bartybum

Two sets have really stood out to me for something new - the buggy and the catamaran. The buggy comes with steering AND suspension, all in a cheap tiny set. To me this is incredible, and I expect the set to fly off the shelves. It’s good that TLC have introduced a way to get more interesting/complex parts into smaller sets to make them easier to get a hold of. I hope they do this more often, and with small pneumatics as well. The catamaran caught my attention not only because it’s a beautiful model but also because it floats. This means we’re getting an RC boat within the next few years. Something’s brewing here... Well I mean, how else could they possibly make airtight hulls?
  22. I admit that I am a Star Wars builder really, so not in the position to be the best expert regarding technic-sets, but to my mind, they did a lot of things absolutely right with this set. =) Smarthub with gyro and the possibility to control PF motors with your smart device has been possible with the S-brick for a while, but now that it is possible with official Lego equipment, it opens a whole lot of cool opportunities. In addition to that, I know a looooot of people who will jump out of their chairs when they see it is from Top Gear. - Samppu
  23. SERVATOR

Xmas raffle?

If You want to build Christmas ornaments for fun please consider support Lego #buidtogive project.
  24. Maaboo35

I like that the pullbacks each have their own B-model now.
  25. Mechbuilds

Technic General Discussion

Has anybody made a moc that had: -Independent suspension -4wd -Articulated steering using linear actuators and large turntable -Claas tires scale. Should you have two XL motors, one in front and one in rear and turntable in the middle? That way there wont be an U joint weak link in the middle. I don't have two servos so articulated steering seems to be the way to go. After i have finished @efferman's dump truck, the offroad truck is my next project.. It will have a similar front end like the dump truck so i'm also puzzled what to put in the rear..
  26. Yeah...I like this helicopter just fine and it’s got nice features and an interesting build, but for $60 they could have made a playable Leviathan or maybe even a Sanctuary II which would have given us some sorely needed villain things considering we got none for Infinity War or Endgame. I’m super surprised that they didn’t even make a Q-ship. There are 2 unique vehicles that could’ve been made before spoiler sets and after spoilers the Leviathan or any other army vehicles could’ve been made...
  1. Load more activity