All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Probably the file is corrupted. Is it 0 byte? Upload it here, so we can see it.
  3. I guess you're not very familiar with Joyce, Faulkner & McElroy Back on topic, allanp makes some excellent points. I remember having the time of my life building 42009 just because the sheer amount of gears had me wondering what a certain section of the transmission did or how the two gearboxes would interface. Then I built 42030 and after the first handful of steps it became a snoozefest. I designed and built one fully remote-controlled model and it was more than enough to get most of the "OMG full RC!" out of my system. I find hybrid models much more enjoyable, with RC drive and steering and then a single motor driving a series of other functions through a distribution gearbox. Hence also my morbid fetish for tow trucks. I'd be happy to see more sets like 42008 but pushed even further, with lots of functions crammed into as little space as possible.
  4. Carsten Svendsen

General Part Discussion

These pieces already has that connection. I've only found a use for that part leppen a couple of times and I've always found a better way. I don't think that part will appear any time soon
  5. RogueTwo

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors and discussion

Sadly, this is basically what happens in the book, so I think the set is accurate...
  6. Some of the best sets are often the non powered ones in my opinion. Like all Lego themes I think there should be a spread of all types of models. The current tracked Forrest grabber model is a great example of a good Technic set. Powered doesn’t necessarily equal great
  7. Berthil

[GBC] Akiyuki Ball Factory

@t0mster Welcome and very good to read I and others contributed in creating this money pit for you :) I'm busy creating the digital file (with blue pins) and after that free instructions. This will take some time, this is already a weeks work and 1096 parts: I have ideas on how to include a loop to the inbox to also make it a stand alone machine. I will convert my Factory to first test. I definitely will be at LW2019 so looking forward to meeting you, just make yourself known so we can have chat.
  8. I actually found 8459/64/39 harder, mainly because there's less space to work with.
  9. Are you running all four XL motors from the same port? If so, don't If not, adding more power to the Sbrick in the first place won't help as the overload kicks in anyway No, you will not fry anything by linking more battery boxes up to the same Sbrick. The circuit is in parrallel and therefore only Amps are doubled, not Voltage. The amps will only flow if required by the device, and never more than what the device is rated for anyway. Also, maybe the limitation is not the Sbrick, but the battery box it self. If that is the case, then sure, add another into the loop.
  10. Yupp, definitely. And the nature of the forum with its many sub-categories tapeworm threads doesn't help. You could post the most awesome thing and it would still go unnoticed when it gets buried in the wrong sub-forum or on page 20 of an endlessly long thread... Mylenium
  11. ProvenceTristram

I feel like Eurobricks is something of an old boys club

That is the point of posting anything if not to receive feedback? Unless you are a member of one of the social groups (and I am not, and have no desire to be), or exchanging tips and techniques, the purpose of the site boils down to posting creations to solicit feedback.
  12. Sheo's Mocs are pretty challenging, especially routing cables through his neutron-star density structures and with that nagging feeling that if you mess up one step you're in for a looong and agonising teardown.
  13. Whovastron

LEGO 2019 Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

There’s a midnight set release event happening at the Leicester Square store May 15th, I reckon it might be this set
  14. suffocation

General Part Discussion

Erik, that part really would be a godsend
  15. Hello, I have a problem. When I try to open an .lxf project on Lego Digital Designer, an error message appears: "Unabel to load file - Parsing of the file was aborted due to an error in the file" Could you please help me? Thank you :)
  16. I never really found any official sets hard to assemble. (MOCing is a challenge - following instructions I mainly do for relaxation). As others have said, there are many kinds of complexity, but 8043 is high on the list for complexity and intricacy of the mechanisms.
  17. Mylenium

2019 Friends Sets - Rumors and Discussion

Yes, of course the kids and people who haven't heard of the older sets won't mind, but regardless, to me it feels kinda lazy. In contrast to you I also don't think that they necessarily tried their best. That Octopus Carousel set is just *ugh*. If there were at least some quality in there, perhaps I could get behind it, being that octopi rank among my favorite animals, but this just totally puts me off. But yes, thankfully there's the ocean-themed line that looks so much better, so I'll focus on that as well (and the gorgeous restaurant) :-) . Mylenium It has been good for a while, the frequent dips in quality with really ugly sets notwithstanding. Most more conservative LEGO fans simply put too much face value on the colors putting them off. If they'd be more willing to look past that, they'd often discover interesting ideas. It's almost the same with the currently ongoing discussion about the 3in1 Creator sets being underappreciated... Mylenium
  18. Today
  19. topiku

The more I think about it the more it bothers me that every single minifigure in the clock tower set is wearing their yule ball clothes. If you think about it we could have gotten Fred and George, Madame Pomfrey etc. I‘m sure we‘ll get them in the future but for now that‘s a bit upsetting imo
  20. astral brick

I feel like Eurobricks is something of an old boys club

Given that I am not sure if it is a good idea to reply to this thread, why do you need to receive comments in order to feel appreciated? This is a narcissistic childish behaviour. You are the first judge of your work and, sharing it or not, you should be happy doing what you like, and that should be enough, regardless of the amount of feedback. This kind of attitude based on the number of "likes" or "views" or "followers" is dumbing down the internet. I cannot believe what I am about to say but sometimes I miss Usenet.
  21. x105Black

Future Pirates Speculation

So it's basically a Pirates theme for girls, set in modern times.
  22. Erik Leppen

General Part Discussion

I can't remember every having come across a need for that part (3 x 2 T beam). I have come across the need for a 3 x 2 L beam various times though. Where the 3 x 3 T beam didn't fit, and the 2 x 4 L beam is too long. But in the end, I was always able to find a solution using existing parts. There is another part I would like to have though. I can't count the times I wished it'd exist.
  23. x105Black

Apology accepted.
  24. Hello, I have a problem. When I try to open an .lxf project on Lego Digital Designer, an error message appears: "Unabel to load file - Parsing of the file was aborted due to an error in the file" Could you please help me? Thank you :)
  1. Load more activity