All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Legoniche

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors and discussion

The dark tan mid legs come on harry- I’m just hoping we get the specific colours to swap out the legs in the hogwarys express- we’ve already gotten dark tan, and grey- just need dark blue now!
  3. efferman

Effe's MOC Corner

aah, a technic Beam.
  4. grego18f

Effe's MOC Corner

It seems that I can't edit my previous message... Here is the link: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3703#T=C
  5. RandomSniper109

I know there is dk tan, I’m not sure it has been specified but Yule ball Ron will most likely have brown or black (I don’t know if it has been revealed) and Harry has black also hermione has blue
  6. AVCampos

Powered Up - A tear down...

They've already started doing that with their Python support for the EV3.
  7. Gorilla94

I am not that sure, if this is of topic, but what colours do we know the mid sized legs will appear in this year? I guess besides Chip and Dale (medium dark Flash and reddish brown) from the Disney cmf we will see these legs only in HP sets this year. Already saw a leaked figure of Harry with dark bluish gray legs in the usual place.
  8. Lucarex

Contest! Marchitecture 2019 is on!

Just seen this...jeez TLG’s Architecture theme NEEDS to make that Colosseum
  9. efferman

Effe's MOC Corner

there is something wrong with your link
  10. Lucarex

Potential LEGO Scooby-Doo comeback in 2020?

Whilst like many others I loved the theme back in 2015 (as did my then-little boy), I do wonder if there is an argument for less is more? The Spooky Lighthouse and Mystery Machine (with interior mod) were perfect and god knows there’s plenty of themes (no names) that suffer from overkill. Regarding this animated movie, I wouldn’t raise hopes. TLG have made several animated Scooby hour-long features since the main line (Haunted Hollywood, Pirate Beach Bash) without corresponding sets.
  11. grego18f

Effe's MOC Corner

I meant this one : https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3703#T=C
  12. FFH sets have hit the UK, in hand this morning!
  13. TheRandomBlocker

€20 not $20
  14. efferman

Effe's MOC Corner

A technic Beam or a system Beam? by the way, i guess i know which type of train it will be.
  15. Guyon2002

I heard EP was 20
  16. Today
  17. grego18f

Effe's MOC Corner

Well done. You can also you inverted studful 16L Beam. When I built my Nooteboom years ago, this proved to be efficient regarding bending. But obviously, the top surface wouldn't be smooth...
  18. Hi, I recently went back to Lego after a while and have decided to try replicating the new Volvo L350H wheel loader. This MOC is meant to fit the scale of my improved Mack Anthem (dimensions corrected): So, it is roughly 1:22 scale. The finished product will be red (yeah, another red loader) and will be equipped as the one above. I have obviously begun by the front end of the loader. This was quite hard for me to put all the functions in, as the quasi-vertical cylinders, while keeping proportions correct. The front is quite robust, and functions run smoothly. I think I manage to get a correct Z linkage (see photos). I am now building the rear part of the loader. It will have a 42078 inspired engine as I think the Lego cylinders are way too big for this scale. In addition, there will be a pendular axle and easy battery replacement. Mechanical functions will be operated by an L motor via gearboxes. In the following photos, you can see how I progressed. At this stage, there is mainly beaming to delimit the spaces (cabin, trunk, etc). At first, I wanted to put two two-way gearboxes, but it resulted that I have not enough room because I am limited to 7 studs wide in most parts of the loader (this is partially due to the 94.8 wheels and scale). I ended up with a simple gearbox... Be aware, the gears are not held properly, but I just wanted to show the routing. This one is meant to reduce the number of gears and thus maximize lifting capacity. https://bricksafe.com/pages/grego18f/mack-granite/volvo-l350h If I submit this loader at its early development stages, this is to obtain your feedback. I really think there is room for improvement (and maybe two-way gearboxes!). So, any suggestion is welcome. At the same time, I am reworking the lower central articulation. In the previous iteration, I realized there would be 2 studs ground clearance. That is why I ended with the actual design (allowing 3 studs ground clearance). I am not yet satisfied with the connection because it limits the lateral movement of the U-joints… That’s all for now 😉
  19. Chawn

[MOC] The Mill Blackbird

Yes, it's not very strong and needs to be adjusted. Thanks!
  20. en_zoo

Avalonia Mini-Challenge: Game of Thrones

well both builds are so cool that this was almost impossible to choose, yet I'm running out of time! Solely basing on which character I'd prefer to see on the throne, my vote goes to @de Gothia
  21. THELEGOBATMAN

Both Expecto Patronum and Lloyd's Journey are $15.
  22. M_longer

[MOC] The Mill Blackbird

You have noticed that yout front axles shakes when the drive is on? The universal joints are placed incorrectly and could be damaged. Basically whole front drive should be rebuilt. Use CV joints for the wheel hubs and place universal joints in-line with mounting points of suspension arms.
  23. Guyon2002

Could you send these pictures to us on an Instagram DM by any chance? Would be fine if you can't of course! The ''something else small'' is most likely a small rock built for the golden egg It could be the Marauder's Map, but I only see that happening if its also included in one of the upcoming sets. Expecto Patronum is a little more expensive, but considering its a licensed theme this set has exceptional value!
  24. Aine

[MOC] Roman Ambush

That's cool! Both the build and your forthcoming newborn! :-)
  25. I'm pretty confident now the set will be the Visitor Center. A lot of people speculated it might be a Jurassic Park-tour set with many different locations but that wouldn't make any sense from a business perspective. Lego is more likely to include the Raptor / Trike / Rex paddocks in normal sets so more people can/will get them.
  26. Hod Carrier

[MOC] D800 Class "Warship"

I guess diesels aren't your thing, but thank you for the lovely comment. I'm pleased that it turns heads of steam fans too. Your Dad was a western man? That's fantastic!! That sets the bar very high indeed. I'm very happy to receive your endorsement as someone who has probably seen these locos up close. Appearance wise the Warship is finished. There are one or two technical considerations that I'm still working on, details of which I'll post as they are dealt with. Not specifically, no. I was intending to use 2x2 wedge plates which BL lists as being available in dark green. However, when it came to trying to buy some I discovered that one is rare and the other not available in any store due it only appearing in a one-off limited edition Brickheadz set distributed only at a New York Comicon. I wasn't going to give up on the shape, so sadly the 2x2 tiles had to be mutilated. The studless appearance is just a happy side-effect. Thank you. That's high praise. I guess I just got lucky with the scale which allowed me to use O Scale transfers for the majority of the markings. All I was left to do was the warning panel and the windscreens. I'm glad you like the buffers. I wanted to try and make them oval like the original locos and was lucky that the parts now exist to recreate this. The only downside is that they end up quite thick (2 plates) which does spoil the look from the side a bit, but I'm happier to have that than rectangular buffers.
  1. Load more activity