All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. strangely

Potential LEGO Scooby-Doo comeback in 2020?

I hope they do a set for this movie, if only to get a new Mystery Machine. Though it's looking kind of unlikely.
  3. Good guys? Bad guys? Made-up words. It’s all a machine, partner. Honestly, I was fine with the engine intakes on the last Resistance X-Wings, but it will be interesting to see what (if any) structural changes are made.
  4. Dominic

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

...Would be awesome.
  5. For those interested I have made the instructions available on Rebrickable. Please see top of post for link.
  6. Mandalorianknight

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

over 2 months late, but it would be nice to get another set. And yeah, the whole controversy is redicolous. The stupidity of the argument itself aside, the "controversy" wouldn't even be with lego but with Lucas, as it's not lego's IP. They started making the figures look "normal" with their last few TCW sets, I'd hope they keep doing that.
  7. Tenderlok

A tribute to Lego trains - MOC Lego 112 (and 113) XXL

Ciao Davide, Somehow I missed your last post about this cutie. Looks great strolling along over the grass! That is a brilliant idea! Now you need a remote-controlled mechanic gear selector... I am a bit envious how much space you have inside your loco for all those features (and more to come). Mine are always stuffed with bracing inside, hard to squeeze in even the cables... All the best, Sven
  8. Mandalorianknight

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

In that case I agree, they aren't circular enough, though it'd be hard to solve that at that scale keeping it that stable. Weirdly, I kind of hope it's not too different from the 2015 and 2016 x-wings, just for consistancy
  9. see below The figure is fake, it's the torso with owen's legs and the 2015 captain america face
  10. RESISTANCE X-WING!! Thank you!! I stand corrected.
  11. Mandalorianknight

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Hey, that'd be right around thanksgiving! Like last year, when I believe they leaked ON thanksgiving. Hold on a second, do you mean FO tie fighter or resistance x-wing
  12. Paperinik77pk

A tribute to Lego trains - MOC Lego 112 (and 113) XXL

Hi all, after several tests, I found out that the motor, as it was built , was not too strong and sometimes broke up. I therefore redesigned it a bit: While the underside is not too different from V1, the upper part is completely different. Since it was quite annoyng to dismantle the motor to change the gear ratio from "high torque" gearing to "speed" gearing, I tried to fit a sort of two-speed gearbox: This one is the "torque" setting - able to pull really heavy loads, but slowly. According to Sariel's Lego Gears calculator, the gear ratio at the axle is 2.779:1 In the above picture, "Speed" gear is selected, therefore the locomotive is faster, but can pull less weight (not too bad, though ). It is quite overdriven, therefore the final gear ratio is 1:1.667. The XL motor works flawlessly with both gear ratios and the AAA batteries last quite fine. This is the hole to fit the smoke generator, I found that there are some very little 12v batteries - I think I'll use them to power the Seuthe no.99. Some minor modifications in the cabin, in order to keep the main switch easy to operate (pull onwards - turn on battery box and lights / pull bakwards - off). Now the top part of the boiler easily comes off to reach the battery box (and maybe the switch for the smoke generator). In the front of the battery box there's some room for an S-Brick, if needed. A last picture of the 112 in a sunny day after a very rainy night! Ciao! Davide
  13. Today
  14. You're really too kind, Davide! And I thought that Italian design was world-famous for its elegance and beauty... okay, maybe apart from the Fiat Multipla...
  15. @TalonCard - Good find. I live in the UK and I'm quite up to date on these type of things because I buy them for my boy; yet I've never seen this book before. I even checked all 27 pages of Centum Books releases on Amazon UK and it's not there, so it looks like a very rare find indeed. My guess is that it's either a future release that you got early, or an old discontinued/scrapped edition.
  16. legozebra

LEGO Ninjago 2020

Very conspicuous lack of Zane in the leaks... I wonder what's going on with him, given the ending of this past season
  17. We've a great example in Italy with the FS E444 - the rebuilding was worse than the original - it seems also someone in Italian railways had a bad feeling with design Don't worry - even if you can't paint or design...you surely can BUILD!!!
  18. I'm hoping for a tweak to the engines on the FO X-wing. I feel like they never really got the circular intakes looking right - too bulky and oval.
  19. Toastie

World City Theme Discussion

This. It's the core of the matter. 9V trains were going out of business - so 4512 is one of the last in a row of so many beautiful train sets. Look at the color scheme - brick build. Look at what they do today. Take and "modern" cargo train. Panels all over the place. Look closely at the box car. Get the instruction and have a look. Nicely done. Old gray was THE gray and for me still is - today's new gray - the bley stuff - there were riots back then when they changed that ... here on EB. The train shed is a blast. And always consider what TLC was going through back then. So many new pieces - a dream for old-school builders like me (I sometimes almost referred to as "cheating" as it was life making so much easier or better: Different. New. Exciting. I love transitions times. This is where things become "different". Evolve. All the best Thorsten
  20. Grover

A Meeting With The Dwarves

Very cool! I like the snotted rockwork, and the doors look great. I appreciate how you paid attention to detail on the path, where people have trodden the snow away, yet left patches of ice where it has been compacted, melted by the sun, and refrozen. Great details! Still enjoying the progression of the story too! @soccerkid6 held the title of Mitgardia's Moccing machine, but I think you may be starting to give him a run for his money! Nice work!
  21. Grover

Finding a profession, third try

I am really enjoying these little vigs that tell the story. There's a lot of humor and detail packed into each one. The cluttered look, with things haphazardly thrown everywhere is great. I really enjoy the floor, too! What technique did you use to make that? I can't quite tell what the pieces are from the picture. Does it use the plates with the rails on them? Great job!
  22. Brickadeer

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Hi, can anyone say if there's any chance that sets from TCW: Season 7 will feature clone printings that are consistent with clone printings from ep 2/ep 3 sets? Or is it more likely that clones from this last season and from the feature films will look differently?
  23. Monkfiche

[MOC] [INSTRUCTIONS] UCS Tantive IV - CR-90 Corvette

@ClassicLook Feel free to post your in-progress and other pics - it’ll get us all fired up again! :) I’ll try do some more interior work this week and get some renders done too. Looking forward to seeing more of the cr90 (or is it a 70?) in ep9 though, and not going to finish my tweaks till after that.
  24. johnnym

42093 Corvette ZR-1

@kbalage: Nice video as usual! I like the front modification most. The overall shape now seems to remind me more of a tuned corvette model, though I don't remember the tuner. IIRC it was a Corvette with a longer than usual front and lots of power, maybe from Hennessey or Callaway, can't say? Say, what gearing do you use? I see 24z at the PF L motors and a differential with 28 teeth, what's between? I don't use a differential in my motorized mods/MOCs (42098 blue car mod and Palomino) in that scale and that gives a nice speed-up. As I haven't used them with differential I can't say if the drive characteristics would change much. Would be interesting to see a comparison between with and w/o differential.
  25. I've always been a fan of the wooden world. Your ships look outstanding .Bravo on your impressive build.
  1. Load more activity