All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hi, One ore more hubs, motors and depending on teh Software to control a smart device or PC. Yes, the Powerfunction devices are infrared. Of course you can mix thet with some own software, but I would not recommend. SBrick and WeDo are BT as well. The Smart Hubs (as in the trains) have two connectors, the technic Hub 4, but is to large for train. You can't increase. That depends of what you want to do, I have godd experience with motor 45303 and sensor 88007 , best offer is the LEGO shop. There is no limit of 5 hubs for controlling, there is a limt of 5(6) Hubs connecting them to a LEGO network.
  3. Now the Hard Part with the Tracks
  4. I'm new to Lego (but played plenty of Factorio) so used to dividing tracks into blocks to automate trains. Are there any tutorials? What hardware do I need? Does this work with Bluetooth 5.0? I understand how the PC would talk to powered up hubs as they're bluetooth, but aren't prior devices infrared? How would they communicate? eg. Powerfunctions, sbrick, wedo.. Can I increase the amount to junctions searched forward above 2 with code (for complex intersections), or is it a hard limit? What are the best sensors/hubs/auto switches (or motors) to buy in bulk if I'm starting from scratch? Currently looking at powered up trains as they can be stopped individually by Bluetooth and it's easier to cut plastic track than metal, but if there's a limit of 5 hubs can I only have 5 trains and no sensors/switches?
  5. Peppermint_M

What is "<insert that tiresome argument> ?"

Yes, it got frustrating for many that anyone who saw a set that wasn't Creator Expert of USC and would bleat on about it being "juniorised". The forum has been running for a long time now, so some fads and phases of argument were left behind but still rear their strawman heads when we hope it is forgotten. The filter forces a more objective and well made argument
  6. Peppermint_M

Problem adding pictures

Hello Did you take the photo link from the "All Sizes" page? The live photostream link will not post into the forum properly. If you use the "Download" button on the image and select "All sizes", then choose the photo size you want; copy the location and you can paste it directly into the forum.
  7. Impressive collection of power shields. This story of yours has been very fun to read. Do you have a plan for any future adventures? As an aside, I love the concept of the hero frozen in stone (used it in a few of my old fics, lost to the ages on fiction sites) and it would be great to see a future revival for Clay.
  8. Maybe if it is called "sheep" and goes in the direction of S14 Tiger Lady like many adult female Halloween costumes... I would prefer a cute version with full head covering
  9. Peppermint_M

Action and Adventure Themes Discussion

So here is a question for everyone: Do you want more little building contests and raffles with tags as prizes? I know some are not interested in profile tags and want real prizes, but the logistics take time that I sometimes don't have. Also, with a digital prize, digital entries are welcome. There are a lot of tags here in Action and Adventures that I would love to award.
  10. Peppermint_M

Raffle: A Nuisance in Newbury

Sorry that took a few days, I have been pretty ill. Hope you enjoy these tags. Everyone else who likes 'em: I am planning a few more fun contests with tags as prizes.
  11. Bonjour. Je me permet de vous contacter sur la vidéo YouTube du Lego technic Bruckenleger SLJ 50018. Je suis très intéressé pour la construction de cet ensemble, pouvez vous me renseigner s'il existe un plan de montage, les pièces nécessaires, moteurs. Je vous remercie par avance. SCHANG François F-57500 SAINT-AVOLD francois.schang@free. fr
  12. When testing, everything worked well. A couple of days ago I controlled my model using the horizontal buttons in servo mode, everything was fine. Maybe something I do not understand from your words? Perhaps you are talking about the fact that if you first turn on the run mode of the motor, and then change the mode to servo, then when you press the motor starts to spin like during a run? This is quite possible, since I did not completely understand the encoder positions and after changing the mode, I need to do the calibration. I'll do it in the future. Usually after a run, the motor becomes in 0 position and the servo mode is working normally, this can create a problem for an already assembled model. It's a bit complicated I wrote) But I don’t know how to describe it more simply)
  13. George Lego

Problem adding pictures

Hi guys! I'm trying to upload my Flickr pictures. i follow the procedure as before copy & paste the picture's link from Flickr, but I keep getting stuck to the attached picture. The panel's background turns to light red and the "insert into post" tab doesn't react. Tried with small sizes and even small pics ~300KB, still doesn't upload. Any ideas please?
  14. Today
  15. Man with a hat

realistic XXL Grain Elevator with covered hopper car MOCs

Nice! Instantly recognisable. And realistically it should be even bigger .
  16. MAB

Random terrain advice needed

I think it looks good, but most MOCs can be improved by tearing them down and starting again. When it comes to colours, I'd also stick to a smaller number (2-3) for the majority of the rock and let texture work for you rather than colour. If doing rocks against sea, I tend to use dark bluish grey at the bottom, lightening up to light bluish grey higher up. That way, it looks like the sea has washed up / splashed the base of the cliffs but not higher up. You can always add in extra colours via plants and grass (1x1 cheese slopes are also good for this as moss), the odd flower and so on or white cheese slopes for snow if it is cold.
  17. Ball loading control gate. After a lot of experimenting and failures I finally found a way to stop too many balls trying to enter the bucket loading rotor. Tried various versions of a rotating horizontal disc with pins to transfer a limited number of balls to the rotating ball loader but none successful. Either too many or only one ball at a time. Had many spectactuar jams with balls flying everwhere, still hunting for some !! Loading speed was very slow so tried speed up gears but evereything ground to a halt if a ball jammed. Finally settled on rotor made using knob gears and changes to stop ball jamming in the loading chute. Some fine tuning done to stop balls over shooting the discharge chute as they drop from the buckets.
  18. Toastie

Themes LEGO should discontinue

Yeap - and "The three of the gas station" is German, was never x-fied and will never Best Thorsten
  19. eBay don't sell LEGO. They sell services. Other companies and people sell on eBay. Most sellers are clear - if they use the word compatible anywhere, then they are selling clone / fake / knock-off parts. Very few sellers try to pass of clones as genuine LEGO simply becuase they will lose out and need to refund if the buyer reports them for it. The chances of getting fake LEGO with the LEGO logo is very low, especially for police. Police parts tend to be very cheap on the secondary market as few people want them as the supply is much greater than demand. However, I'd buy from Bricklink. You get a better range and you choose exactly which torsos and legs and so on you buy. If buying a load of torsos from one seller, then you might also want to buy the heads / legs from them too.
  20. The facebook group changed name to https://www.facebook.com/groups/legospacebuilds/ I am modding Valerie Roche (Whatsuptoday) and Emmanuel Urquieta (Spacemd)¨s NASA Saturn-V Launch Umbilical Tower to Mobile Launcher Platform 1 as it was on the STS-1 launch. Or as close as I can get it. Most of it done in LDD. But I'll replace my current Tail Service Masts with KingsKnights, but modify them to STS-1. For the internal supports I'll use technic beams/bricks. Test version from LDD can be seen here: Bigger picture here. I did not have the technic bricks at home. Only the beams etc. Yesterday I got the final bricks via bricklink and built it IRL, the structure seems OK. So what is seen in the picture, is built in real life too. Someday I think I'll buy and replace the horizontal beams with bricks instead. And make a few additions so it covers more. Sort of a T structure between the "vents/exhaust holes" of the MLP. Now all three "vents" are in the open area. And more support towards side 3, right of the picture. Unused technic holes on the bricks will be used.
  21. MAB

Themes LEGO should discontinue

I know. And Snow White is German, but was Disneyfied.
  22. Guyon2002

LEGO Ninjago 2020

Preferably not, they've already done the evil Wu thing twice
  23. Reaper

[M10 - Fedalle - TCR] Becoming Stormtroopers again

Nice work! The wall patterns look great and I like the crates!
  24. Looks great! Are you going to cover the wheel thing up?
  1. Load more activity