All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. BrickBob Studpants

Wizarding World 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Last year, it was on the 1st of May, and other years it was also a bit late, like on the 25th or the 28th of April. So, we‘re still within the normal range! 2022 spoiled us a bit with the reveal on April 8th
  3. August Dreamzzz sets have dropped on Brickset, so hopefully the wait will not be much longer!
  4. At first, I was very angry at TLG, for what have they done to us. But reading your post reminded me how badly I wanted to have 8183 Track Turbo RC set. At around 14-16 years, I wanted to create a custom body for it and design a track I could drive around. I didn't get the set, but the ideas I had of what I could possibly do, is something kids nowadays may feel as well. All in all, I don't believe the set I mentioned belong to TECHNIC section, but the new one might just aim for something like 8183, but with Technic body, and it could be an evolution (but not certainly a revolution). On a final note, this hub is not my cup of tea, or anyones else here I believe. Hope they not abandon old folks like us that love Lego for being able to build something we could see live (like gearboxes, different suspension designs, etc.). Video example of the set I was talking about:
  5. Today I made a crazy stress test by import about one million Lego pieces in UE5.All bricks are stand-alone edit-able without any merging, and without any polygon edit or polygon reducing. Using mid-hi end gaming PC (vram10 ram32). It was very lag, but the editor still works. It consumes almost all the RAM, but the gameplay is not working. UE5 crash in game mode in 10 second due to ran out of RAM. I will try the gameplay again after I add more RAM. UE5 can be the most power Lego CAD tool which can handle millions of bricks. It's nanite feature almost no limit in bricks quantity added, it only limit in number of different brick types. Mecabricks model Canyon 15000 pcs (x64 copies) by IXProd Terrain generated in World Creator 3
  6. krimimimi

Wizarding World 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

How many of the rest of you keep refreshing your damn browsers? When have we last been so late in the year for pix of the summer sets? This feels really late. My impression was lego has started following the leaked pix shortly after with official releases (presumably as damage control and to take away from the leakers' thunder), if so, we're still dependent on those leaks for the timeline. I am feeling so let down by their lack of leakiness...
  7. This is my only set of the LEGO Space (Ice Planet 2002) theme I've got so far. It has some cool pieces and some of them are really hard to find in the sets we get today. It also doesn't have any stickers which you have to worry about. I also can't complain about the number of minifigs we get in this set. The vehicles are very nice as well. We get two rockets, a sledge with two big skis and a truck which can transport a rocket. The trailer of the truck can be removed very easily and the trunk does open if you want to put the rocket in. The base itself omes with a laser gate and a screen with a lever on the front. The base plate looks like the one we got in the LEGO Space (Spyrius) set 6959 (Lunar Launch Site). There're also two big translucent orange window pieces which looks really awesome and on the top of the window you can see a radar which sviwels full 360°. Inside the base you get another laser gate, a place where you can put the translucent orange chainsaw and a sviwel chair with a dashboard which controls the landing platform for the rocket. You can move the blue cylinder piece if you want to lift the rocket up and down. The rockets also have a magnet which is used to get these vehicles on the arm which can slide on the platform. The arm can sviwel up and down and full 360°. On the ground you can also see a platform where you can put the rockets and on the back of the base you can find a radar which lifts up and down. It's a really cool set and it's worth the money for sure. It's also a must have for all LEGO collector's. All in all this set is a great set and I would HIGHLY recommend you to get this. You can find this set on eBay, BrickLink and Amazon for sure. Here is the link where you can check out the full gallery I made for this set on my website: www.klokriecher.de Videos I made of this set: Stopmotion Review Speed Build
  8. I think this HUB fits perfectly with Lego's 'user retention' strategy. Hear me out. Ideally, they want to 'onboard' a kid to Lego at the age of 2 and keep them loyal until they become AFOL. And so they do research to understand: when and why do people drop out and enter a 'dark age'? Based on myself and friends and family this happens between the age of 15 to 19, when teens don't have neither the attention span nor the pieces to design the MOCs they envision but just playing with a set isn't satisfying anymore either. Hence, we're seeing Friends sets for teenagers (to lure them back in with the nostalgia factor), Technic sets designed for minifigs (to ease the transition from system), and finally this Hub. Which will give our teens a solid base to build vehicles that 'just work' and be creative at a level that is interesting to them. I know at 16 I wouldn't have wanted to wrap my head around designing a robust chassis and routing cables, let alone 'coding' the motors in the Lego app - which this hub also eliminates, with one off-the-shelf profile you can control it all! As a platform where kids can quickly plug components together in a way that always brings interesting results, I reckon it will provide them lots of fun. I guess we'll know for sure in 15y or so when they join the forum :)
  9. No, PU-system has reached half of its lifetime now. It is expensive to develope the interfaces and to keep the App alive and PU and C+ aren't systems they can be replaced easily without any benefit. The new hub is just an addition to the ecosystem, the regular 4-port hub is still alive. Not every solution is possible with this new hardware, it can't be act as counterweight at the very end (friend 42146 for example) nor used for models that requires 4 motors (42129, 42131). It is a decision by design. Does the model wants cool lights and only 3 motors on tiny space? Then use this new hub, otherwise the regular one
  10. Today
  11. Maybe they bumped it forward a year to 2025 for Technic?
  12. I think the new hub is still part of the Powered Up ecosystem, these should be the known components squeezed in a single package, using the Control+ app. Fun fact - the connector used in all Powered Up / Control+ sets first appeared in WeDo 2.0 in 2016, and that hub had a rechargeable battery running at 3.7V. What if LEGO made a full circle to end the system? The first "real" Powered Up sets were the trains introduced in 2018, apart from the Batmobile. City trains are released in 4 year cycles, I would expect a brand new electronic system being released in 2026 with a new set of trains.
  13. I was actually thinking this exact thing, but wondered if I was reading too much into it. While app only control and RC/PU might well be popular to the customers that small RC cars like this will appeal to, it hasn't been that popular with us lot. Yes yes I know, we're a small minority and all that, but I don't think it's egotistical to say that we know Technic, we know what it can be and what it should be better than the masses, and without knowing the limitations the designers have to work with, we're free to dream a little bigger about what Technic can be. I think that makes us worth listening to. And even just as fans of Technic themselves, I'm sure the designers still want to give us "the good stuff". So it actually makes sense to contain all the PU/app based stuff in this one piece, pleasing the marketing department with this solution that makes no compromises in terms of being smart device controlled and having instant gratification and all that. They keep all that alive with this new hub, while not having to maintain a whole suit of PU technic elements, freeing them to work on a new system that is more suited to Technics "build for real" mantra. Maybe with physical remotes, more separation, less reliance on smart devices and coding (don't mind if it's compatible with that, but never liked the total reliance on it), they can offer us, as well as children, something real like Lego is meant to be. Real toys with real controls and paper instructions so there's no total reliance on owning or using a smart device to play with Lego, which should always be the best real toy there is.
  14. I find it interesting if C+ will be getting another update/portfolio change just after 5 years of being released. At PF it was 11+ if we don't count 2019.
  15. I like this new hub and the genius idea behind this to finally introduce programmable lights. Possibilities are endless, imagine a car that automatically turns on indicators controlled by the App. Everyone who has already made instructions for electronic models knows who annoying it is to lead and giude the wires on tiny space. This new hub solves this for smaller builds. The instructions can then focus on wire the lights instead for the motors
  16. So the electronics system is going through another major change?
  17. legoturtle

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Well, I am more like The Riddler. Anyway. My point was that it is amazing to get small parts of Gotham City. For example... today I will buy this set: cargoyle <3
  18. BrickBob Studpants

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

First I‘m hearing of this! There are currently no set numbers unaccounted for, and we’ve had complete set lists for the entire year for all the themes for quite a while now And if there was another wave, we‘d be at six this year! Or seven, if you count the Sail Barge and the anniversary set as the October wave
  19. I thought the same and as a nice addition that excavator can finally use lights. Things getting interesting using this new hardware for setups with gearboxes since the two rear motors are in parallel, like 42114 Volvo just with one hardware piece and lights. The new hub is not a replacement as many people say, its a cool addition for models restricted to three motors and compact setups
  20. Bricknificent

Licensed Lego Ideas - Support & Discussion

Hey! I made a video about my entry for the LEGO Ideas 80s contest. Bob Ross: Studio & Paintings. In this video, I show more of the possibilities. I hope y'all like it! Discover and support on LEGO Ideas
  21. SpacePolice89

2025 Castle Theme [wishlist/speculation]

I'm not so sure about that because when I look at the Medieval Town Square at lego.com I can click a picture of the Medieval Blacksmith that says "Go medieval" and then I see a page with many historic sets including the Creator Medieval Castle and Lion Knights Castle under the same headline "Medieval LEGO Sets & Toys".
  22. Artanis I

2024 Space sets

Ah. That was actually disappointing, but I do like the armour.
  23. IIRC there might be a few later in the year ( like Autumn) with absolutely no details.
  24. Great. Have fun building him :)
  25. Still, this assembly should be more compact than separate 3 motors + hub
  26. Imagine one excavator with one of these hubs in the undercarriage and one in the turret. Much more compact than the current setup and with 2 rechargeable batteries. Not bad at all.
  1. Load more activity