All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Detroit-Funk

Power Functions and Santa Fe: stating the obvious

would love to see some pics if you have some! So is there enough room in the engine compartment area to house a PF or PUP without any other modification? Or am i removing side bricks to accommodate the battery box and is that why folks are saying the grays won't match? As the battery box then essentially becomes that current gray area? Sorry, feel dumb for asking, I just don't want to ruin the aesthetic of the original. I'm referring to this sentence I suppose from Golden way up top: "I've already converted my Super Chief to power functions, and did so without making any cosmetic changes."
  3. Ivorrr

[MOC] Renault FT-17

Great build as always! Now can't wait for the KV1/2... It would be astonishing if you made the video of it next to a real example (Bowington Museum in England or probably any tank museum in Russia)! I understand though that this type of trip just to take a picture or video would be quite an effort and expense - just a thought ;)
  4. Hogwarts Clock Tower This is a really gorgeous set. The interiors are so genius! I do wish the DADA classroom was bigger and that the chalk board could be flipped to have a picture of the boggart wardrobe. Dumbledore's office actually looks great with a little fix (see below). The figures are fantastic except Krum's face/hair, Fleur's hair and I am still torn on Hermione's hair. I also wish we could have gotten a small pendulum on the bottom floor. But would absolutely recommend this one! Pictures are under the spoilers Pushing the desk back a bit gives the office a bit more room for figures Minifigures Vignettes with other figures Connected to last year's castles
  5. It's the perspective, or front part of the hood is angled too much?
  6. BacktoBricks

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors and discussion

I can't find the original picture (which I did see so seems to have been removed), but here is a picture of someone who has the sets and has them connected: https://www.instagram.com/p/BxvGFyRH95A/
  7. Roadmonkeytj

one of my lug members has an original (runs on 9v or PF) and another has a newly built (with new grey and PU) they both decided to shave a 6 long axle down by the width of a half bushing. The axels are the perfect length then. Oddly enough even with the one engine being "brighter" they still look great double headed.
  8. An MPD file actually contains multiple LDR files, each one a group/submodel, in a hierarchical manner. Changing the extension won’t change the file’s structure. If you import an MPD (whatever its extension) in LDD, all the submodels are imported on top of one another, and only once for each. Basically, LDD just imports the parts, not caring about the submodels and the multi-file structure (as far as LDD is concerned, submodels are just big parts it doesn’t know about and all the rest is “comments”). “Flattening” means replacing all the submodels by their parts, at the right places and orientations. You then have a single model, “flat” because there’s no hierarchy anymore above the part level, no groups, no submodels. You could do that in Studio by “releasing” each and every submodel one by one. I thought about writing an ldr2lxf along with lxf2ldr but couldn’t see the real use (compared to the work). Though, if I have a little time, I’ll make a portable Javascript tool to flatten MPD files in the next few days.
  9. Great Ball Pit

[MOC] Scrooge McDuck's Money Bin [GBC]

When I saw the Scrooge McDuck mini-fig in the Disney CMF2 I knew what I had to build as my next GBC module! I present to you Scrooge McDucks Money Bin, which is loosely based on the vault seen in the Ducktales cartoon. It's built primarily with white and bright green brick, I used flame orange for the $ on the front of the building. The build was a little bit different then most GBC builds. Usually in GBC you build the lift mechanism first, but this time I built the structure first. I then built the conveyor and fitted in in the back. The last part of the build was getting the recirculation feature working inside the "chute" the balls fall through. I hope you enjoy the build !
  10. Gonna add to this even more, the story arc from ANAD was actually called Worldwide, or at least my copies of the trades refer to each volume as such. Something worth noting is that a large portion of that arc focused on cameos. Of course you've got mainstays like Miles showing up, but other more interesting characters showed up as well. Off the top of my head we had Mockingbird, Prowler, Iron Man (of course), Johnny Storm, Cloak & Dagger, Scarlet Spider (Kaine), Anti-Venom (Flash Thompson), Silver Sable. Not sure it really matters or is indicative of anything, but if TLG does decide to loosely adapt Worldwide's premise for the next few Spidey sets, it wouldn't surprise me if we got figures of some of those characters.
  11. XG BC

[MOC] EMD FL9 6-wide

does it go around normal lego curves? XG BC
  12. Maaboo35

Technic 2019 Set Discussion

I'm wondering if there will be a supplemental set like 8293 for installing these components in certain models.
  13. Kaanere

That battery box seems to have two switches. Wonder if future sets will make use of both.
  14. makoy

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

I went to my local shop today and checked BAM. I bought the "bearded woman" too and it does have long eye-lashes. In one of my stash of BAM items, I also got a Pharoah head with black eyebrow (the original is dark blue) Also, I want to confirm that there is white upper and yellow dual-moulded legs -- it is different from Donald Duck's.
  15. shadefoundry

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors and discussion

I can't seem to find that picture that's been mentioned of the Clocktower being connected to the Great Hall and Whomping Willow pieces, anybody got a link? Or are we not allowed to post it?
  16. JGW3000

Isn't the motor to the left of the train motor a servo? The green motors, although for Education sets, could be used as servo's also. And, I am wondering if the LED's can be programmed to blink/strobe?
  17. Hi. I also do not see much improvement with Studio, as mfeldt says. Maybe it will be necessary to work more the possibilities of Studio, but in speed with big models there is no improvement (or small improvement). With your advice (thanks for that!) I have reached two conclusions: 1- According to the software structure of the Lego programs (design, instructions, etc.), a powerful computer will get a small performance improvement. 2- The best solution will be to divide the large models In the design. Anyway, I will renew my computer to a more powerful one, this will always be positive, and some improvement will be achieved, even if it is small. I will open a new post asking what computers (or computer equipment), users of this forum use to work with Lego, I think it would be a very interesting post, and thus we will be able to share ideas about the best possible computer, and see what computers the users work. Greetings.
  18. Today
  19. Detroit-Funk

Thank you for the response. And absolutely, i wasn't trying to revive a dead thread. I just literally had not way to communicate with the person that I felt had the most appropriate response to what I was after. Appreciate all of the detail you gave in your post above. It seems no matter which way i go there would be some sort of modification necessary unless i found some old 9V components. And by doing so takes away a lot of what i'm after originally and that's the look of these engines. I would love to have one of these older style engines. I haven't seen anything as unique come out of LEGO for trains in quite a long time. I may try to find a Maersk or Horizon Express that can accept the newer systems fairly easy. Ya'll have a fantastic day! P.S., I guess I do go back to the person I was responding to. He said he made zero cosmetic changes outside of shaving down the wheels. So I guess I should ask if anyone has images of what the update looks like for the SC with either PF or PUP, preferably the PUP as that's what i have in my new cargo train and it seems like a great system.
  20. haha :) Actually in the end I like my approach of meshing it. Maybe it's not 100% ideal, but it holds very well, supports some torque without slipping, doesn't cause pressure in the gears, and the support liftarms can be moved on the outside if one needs the inner part of the turntable free.
  21. I've seen that page, but the file is MPD and not LDR yet. I can't try to rename it. I can upload it to studio, but the program crashes most of the time so that's why I would like to use Digital Designer. I know. I already got lost at the first task haha. I don't use LDcad or other programs so I'm only used to Digital Designer.
  22. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to focus all the attention on Rise of Skywalker for the fall wave, and we'll get sets for the other more recent stuff (TCW, Mandalorian, Fallen Order, Resistance) in the spring.
  23. Mechbuilds

Mechbuilds Projects

After testing it out, there's not enough torque. Gotta stay with the XL.
  24. shadefoundry

LEGO Ninjago 2019

I know it's a bit old now, but just a heads up that Amazon Canada has the Ninjago City Docks on sale for 20% off. I just picked up my copy and can't wait to build it.
  25. Lego David

LEGO Ninjago 2019

Huh, didn't know that. I am glad they are back then! I really don't know...
  26. zip. zilch. nada. maybe summer 2020 will yield a few more sets ... was kinda 'hoping' that one or two of the 'missing sets' would be retailer exclusive resistance sets ... but those numbers are being chewed up fast ...
  1. Load more activity