All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. SteamSewnEmpire

New train wheels tested by LEGO

I'm almost starting to regret Lego putting Lepin out of business. When Lego changes the plastic formula in a major way, and all my old bricks suddenly become obsolete, I'm out.
  3. pooda

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

I just noticed something. Is that the Townhouse Toy Shop on your avatar?
  4. TeriXeri

Ok, good to know
  5. pooda

One and done? Like as in there is NO chance of it being revived?
  6. Toastie

TLG acquires Bricklink

Why not? It will be evaluated and then people in charge will decide on it. For the perspective of reinforcing the market position. This is what the free market is about. Of course, they did make their money. I would not hate them for that. Maybe they needed money. Maybe they just wanted money. In the beginning it was all love and that - but when it comes to revenue things tend to change. Plus, they may have built on this business. Love - sure. But nothing to eat - no. One absolutely valid business model, fully supported by so many "in the free market believing countries", particularly the US (been at least there, have accompanied such a process), is: Have a cool idea. Apply for government funds to push that idea into the market. Have an exit plan to be acquired by a big company. In between, give as much return to the folks giving you that money. We all love LEGO and believe in the brick. Fine - this is how this entire community interacts. Folks making the brick and alternatives run a business. They my very well believe in the brick as well - but from an entirely different perspective. Making money and depending on it is a true game changer. Best Thorsten
  7. So keen and we haven't said boo yet. Must be one of the Gorgons. I also prefer a spreadsheet over paper. Does that make me young or just sprightly? I'd like one of those.
  8. tafkatb

"In/Out" isn't really a "codename," it's just a term used internally to describe any "one-and-done" subtheme. Don't read too much into it.
  9. Nazgarot

Compressor - not enough oomph

Remove the lifting-cylinder and test it without a load. It may be the seals in the cylinder as you say it worked the first few times... This seems a bit heavy a load for a single cylinder. I would try doubling it after having checked the cylinder. The sudden drop when the pressure is released is also indicating this. A cylinder in working order should not be able to drop the load that fast except if you designed it to actively lower. -ED-
  10. dr_spock

Compressor - not enough oomph

Have you checked for air leaks?
  11. Don't worry dears! I've baked some nice macadamia nut cookies for us all while we try to figure out who to zap with a magical scepter. How did I bake something underwater? Magic, that's how. Don't ask questions.
  12. Yes. When the add to cart button is not there it means they are out of stock. I’d imagine it was popular as it’s the only place in Aus I’ve seen them available. It looks like the 25% discount was only for 24hrs too but I suspect other retailers will release before Christmas as even the local S@H have them listed as coming Dec 18.
  13. I am so happy that MLCad is running as seewing machine ... For me, Studio is a cool LDraw model rendering engine. That's it. Seeing how TLG is cutting through the BrickLink garden, it will certainly remain like that. I appreciate when the software improves rendering wise. Best Thorsten
  14. Saberwing40k

TLG acquires Bricklink

Gad, I thought Lego was above this kind of corporate megablocks. I guess not. "We won't change anything", they said. It was a lie. It was all a lie. I kind of hate the conflict of interests, and sadly, there seems to be little we can do about it, besides jump ship. What's next, Lego buying fan forums? Price regulations on how much you can charge? I also hate the previous owners of Bricklink for throwing their fans under the bus. They could have said no. But, they don't care, they made their money. I'm really sad, because Brickowl tends to be more expensive.
  15. dr_spock

[MOC] Santa's Space Sleigh

Very festive MOC for the season. Good work and Merry Christmas.
  16. Toastie

New train wheels tested by LEGO

WHAT? I did not watch that video as others did and pointed out the ... way they researched. So they are pulling the environmental card? For train wheels??? Man. They should just reduce their cardboard box sizes to what is environmentally friendly and will make an orders of magnitude higher impact on the environment. I really don't like it, when someone tries to ride this wave - with zero impact: Trains - as they repeatedly said - are a niche (in a niche). What about life-time? These new material wheels do live how long? And then they are replaced? Phew. They should be careful pulling that card. In a niche. Best Thorsten
  17. I have no preference to which one is better. I enjoy both. Ok, in-house may be winning here. Day 053 of 365: Blacktron Pit Crew by dr_spock_888, on Flickr
  18. Oh seriously?! I’ve never heard of this taking place before now! Do you have any pictures?
  19. I agree about their website being low-functional. However, your problem lies within the shipping company that are sending it.
  20. The innocent looking thief very nice idea. I like the cookie jar too.
  21. zoth33

[MOC] Castle with landscape WIP

I like what I'm seeing so far. The rockwork and waterfalls look great. Is that a dungeon I see where the door is? Looks very promising so far.
  22. jimmynick

What did you buy today?

I got the UCS Porg to give to someone at Christmas. Don't tell them though!
  23. Toastie

TLG acquires Bricklink

https://www.songtexte.com/songtext/madonna/material-girl-3d6953f.html (Boy or girl or in between doesn't matter) Please tell me that you did see this coming. What else? A very big company buys a comparably negligible company. Value-wise that is. Competition-wise it sucked a little - as the little one was doing nasty things. What on earth would be an alternative? Telling people that up to now, making stuff not approved by Big Brother was bad, but now, as Big Brother has acquired the place selling that bad stuff, selling it is not bad anymore? Really??? This is the most logical thing to unfold. And it will continue for sure - in the end everything will be as Big Brother wants it to be. He paid for it! Best Thorsten
  24. jimmynick

Going to the United Kingdom soon!

Have fun and take care. Legoland Windsor is really fun (or at least it was last time I visited more than fifteen years ago). If you want to extend your LEGO adventure, check out the shop in Leicester Square.
  25. Robert8

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

I don't it will happen after the TLM2
  26. I'd gladly do the honors by hammering a chisel into their head.
  1. Load more activity