All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Joebot

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

I'm not a child psychologist, but ... I think it's different. The City named characters are now based on an IP in a different media (Lego City Adventures TV show). By using named characters from that show, Lego is, consciously or not, encouraging kids to act out the stories from that show, rather than make up their own. Just like kids do when they play with Luke Skywalker or Superman or Bilbo Baggins. Instead of a blank slate, Lego is filling in the details for the child. That undermines the unique storytelling position Lego City / Town used to have.
  3. Puresh

LEGO Ninjago 2020

I'm guessing that was a budgetary constraint, rather than a way to deviate the figure from the movie - they even went as far as printing the black lines that are on the side of Kiddo's legs in the film at the corners of the front of both legs, clearly also because of the limited budget
  4. jrx

[MOC][WIP] Mazda RX7 FD

Hi Gray Gear, great start! But there's one big question: Where did you get the white mud guards???
  5. MAB

I don't think any of them are really realistic. But they contain all the essential play features a kid would expect in a toy police station. They move bits around from design to design, but the features are very similar - the jail cells (always placed to be broken out of), the glass office areas, the barriers. The main difference is the floorspace, which is in line with the gradual reduction in the number of larger plates. The other obvious difference is the lack of the pull down garage door. Personally, I think there was a bigger jump between the 2011 and 2014 sets than 2014 and 2020 sets. But then there was the intermediate 2017 one which again had that more substantial building section, but again the feeling is mainly down to space. If I was in the market for one, I'd go for this one now rather than wait for the new one next year.
  6. SamuelYsc

General Part Discussion

Hi guys, thanks for the awesome details. And does anyone knows when will the PF parts stop publishing? I have seen a post said it will stop at 2020 something, but I am not sure about my memory.
  7. Great module Doug. We all have the same problem with our modules xD When I'm back in train GBC Im going to build it too.
  8. suffocation

42108 - Mobile Crane

Or build it in a different colour! Red and black are no-brainers; white and orange should also be feasible since the boom can be redesigned to work with standard 3x11 curved panels. Probably at least one of the ten billion azures out there, too. Not sure about dark blue yet - that'd be my choice, with white accents, crab steering and a three-stage boom.
  9. Nope, it means they are totally ditching 32bit support so these applications won’t run at all in the future. Well, you can still use it untill it doesn’t work anymore…. About as easy as for System builds: some people love it, some manage with it, others hate it. One advantage is that you can turn collision detection off, thus first placing your gears without taking care of their teeth then finding the correct rotations. Yes, you can directly import and open LXF files in Stud.io. You can also convert them to LDR before (either from LDD itself (using an up-to-date ldraw.xml) or using another application (wink wink, nudge nudge: lxf2ldr.html)). The advantage of going through LDraw is that it’s an open format, so it’s more perennial for archiving.
  10. Toa_of_Shadow

[MOC] Cthulhu

When you say the drawing do you mean the original one of him squatting?
  11. Technicallism

Technic 2020 Set Discussion

Released in June could be Just exclusive for lego store and globally Launch on August, like Chiron, meaning it consider a 2HY set. October release is not a new trend i think. Just like the Liebherr, original was planned to release on August but heard that due to some technical issue so postponed to October Land Rover release on October is because they have to wait the actual car launch on Motor Show. Unless this year the UCS supercar have such similar situation otherwise i guess ot will be same as Chiron
  12. Ngoc Nguyen

It can be the case that the F&F car is released next June, and the real UCS supercar is released later, like in October, as opposed to in June as its predecessors were realeased.
  13. benderisgreat

LEGO Ninjago 2020

Nope, there wasn't Wu minifig in TOE wave in 2015.
  14. Aleh

42108 - Mobile Crane

Ah, really. Better to purchase the set.
  15. Technicallism

Yeah if TLG planned to release it at 2HY, then it is possible that 42107 could be the so-called-rumored F&F car. 2HY so far already have 5 sets (42111-42115), so I will be surprise if 6 sets for 2HY, first time ever...
  16. If it is a build-in 3-speed RC gearbox with that small amount of space, that would worth 100$. I would pay for it. Agree, and also if it is pre-assembled that might also mean the parts inside would not be replaceable if it is broken or so how. Like the new wheel hub from 42099 Okay, we can confirm that is just a normal differential not some crazy gearbox stuff(sad) Source : General Part Discussion
  17. AVCampos

If the new set is as closely connected to Fast and Furious as the 42109 is connected to Top Gear, it's going to be another "meh" from me.
  18. Ngoc Nguyen

The F&F Mitsubishi is rumored to be released in June, so 42107 can be this car.
  19. Cool! Super cool! Now this is real engineering!
  20. Technicallism

42107 won’t be a big scale / high piece count set like 2HY, if it is a F&F car then it will be quite similar scale to 42109, which is I think very unlikely in the same timing of 1HY 2020.
  21. pooda

That's what I basically said in my comment just before yours.
  22. MAB

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

It is funny, I had never heard the term English Bulldog before. Here, they tend to be called British Bulldogs, and are often accompanied by the British (not English) flag. There was even the WWE wrestler Davey Boy Smith, known as the British Bulldog. But an English inspired modular would be fine for me. As to the police station: "It includes four jail cells with a bed and toilet in each cell." Given how many toilets LEGO tend to put in buildings, this seems very suspicious!
  23. fordtruckin

I agree with you that they are similar in play features but 2014 version looks more modern and realistic to me. 2020 looks more "plain" and "simple" to me personally. And when putting the whole 2020 subtheme of police against the whole 2014 police subtheme, 2014 overall looks way better to me.
  24. pooda

@fordtruckin And yes I am a kid at heart. All of us are kids at heart, otherwise we wouldn't be here. I'm not triggered at all. I'm just straight up when it comes to how I feel about certain things. I don't beat around the bush. No one's got time for the BS. At least I've got the courage and bravery to speak up. Uh....the office part from 2014 looks a lot better from my POV. There is also a proper looking garage for the 2014 one too. The jail cell looks pretty decent along with the vehicles (the drone included) and the minifigures. As for the other things......Call me narrow minded, but I....just don't see it.
  25. TeriXeri

I'm okay with repeating figures to a certain point, and Duke Detain has got a dual-sided face so that's 2 variants already, of course I realize he's basicly one of the main characters of the show, I'm just hoping if they'd use him in 2021 for example it'd be a slightly different one Of course, swapping minifig parts is always the other option I have many of the same Nexo Knights characters, but each year they did change the torso/leg printing and armor and the same figures in the same year had a slightly different weapon build to set them apart.
  26. yes even in into the spider-verse film it implied may has had a few scraps already but I thought ghost spider was another name for spider gwen I don't expect the venom mech to be better than the fantastic previous one even though it looked like a giant formed symbiote more than a actual mech the vulture set sounds like the dock ock truck heist from a few years back even that had a explode function on the back and featured the same number of minifigures 3
  1. Load more activity