All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I'm pretty confident now the set will be the Visitor Center. A lot of people speculated it might be a Jurassic Park-tour set with many different locations but that wouldn't make any sense from a business perspective. Lego is more likely to include the Raptor / Trike / Rex paddocks in normal sets so more people can/will get them.
  3. Hod Carrier

[MOC] D800 Class "Warship"

I guess diesels aren't your thing, but thank you for the lovely comment. I'm pleased that it turns heads of steam fans too. Your Dad was a western man? That's fantastic!! That sets the bar very high indeed. I'm very happy to receive your endorsement as someone who has probably seen these locos up close. Appearance wise the Warship is finished. There are one or two technical considerations that I'm still working on, details of which I'll post as they are dealt with. Not specifically, no. I was intending to use 2x2 wedge plates which BL lists as being available in dark green. However, when it came to trying to buy some I discovered that one is rare and the other not available in any store due it only appearing in a one-off limited edition Brickheadz set distributed only at a New York Comicon. I wasn't going to give up on the shape, so sadly the 2x2 tiles had to be mutilated. The studless appearance is just a happy side-effect. Thank you. That's high praise. I guess I just got lucky with the scale which allowed me to use O Scale transfers for the majority of the markings. All I was left to do was the warning panel and the windscreens. I'm glad you like the buffers. I wanted to try and make them oval like the original locos and was lucky that the parts now exist to recreate this. The only downside is that they end up quite thick (2 plates) which does spoil the look from the side a bit, but I'm happier to have that than rectangular buffers.
  4. spongebrickpl

[BSBA] CAT B- Benny's Space Transporter/Hovercraft

Thanks 1980SomethingSpaceGuy for Your help:) I hope now everything is OK:) This was my fastest MOC ever- only 2 days of building and it is surprisingly funny to drive it.
  5. Today
  6. Mylenium

2019 Friends Sets - Rumors and Discussion

Thanks for that info! I don't mind. For the time being one can never have enough of those colors and that alone is incentive enough to at least buy some of the sets as a parts source. I also like the animals and little bits like the black sausage in some sets. that should be useful for detailing my own creations. Actually they'll just look like the striped pattern of a lighthouse, a beach chair, a beach towel or whatever you would imagine. I believe that is the intention. That has been going on for a while already and I'm actually welcoming it. In the end the lack of distinction across sets always has been one of my key criticisms with Friends sets. It's almost easier to get an army of cloned Emma, Andrea or Olivia minidolls than it is to get a squadron of actual Star Wars Clone Troopers. Not really an issue, or is it? They are printed, after all. I tend to think the intention is merely to give some differentiation and incentive to actually buy the sets. Care to spell out the name? Mylenium
  7. I quite like it, especially the wings. Great idea with old 4x4 roof piece, it works there so well. These new inverted 1x3 tiles are a godsend. I just wonder when will LEGO finally admit defeat and produce this much-required doublesided plate piece. There are few areas I'd do different but, hey, that is the point. Most amazing though, is that this may be using plenty of ideas but has its own character, coherent style and all in all it is an entirely new x-wing subtype. Great job with this!
  8. @TomSkippy Thanks! I don't have controlled lighting for my photos, so I have to wait for the right time of day. Luckily this one worked out well!
  9. If you like supercar Technics models, with lots of functionnalities, or if just want to make a good action, be sure to read this story of two of Eurobricks dear members @grum64 and @Jeroen Ottens. An auction is running for the model you can see just below, and 100% of the proceeds will be given to the Fairy Bricks charity.
  10. Rambo260

2019 Friends Sets - Rumors and Discussion

I like all the outfits, but I have to say I do not enjoy how repetitive the colors are. My favorite is Andreas and Emma’s mostly because of the cool outfits. Does anyone know if the other sets have official pics now?
  11. I just would like to compliment you on this brilliant design!
  12. Here is my latest review on Avengers Endgame set: THE GOOD: Iron Man Mk.85 A few interesting ways to build things Orange effect parts Extra Ant-Man micro figure THE NOT SO GOOD: Over priced It feels like a LEGO CITY police station rehashed to be Avengers HQ There is a MAJOR SPOILER in the set. (Which I have skip it in my vid review) Lazy attempt in Thanos BigFig A couple of places feel incomplete Overall, another half baked attempt from Lego in my opinion. Infinity War wave was so much better. Only get this set if you really need it and still I advise you wait for discount or clearance.
  13. efferman

Effe's MOC Corner

This should work as lowboy IMG_0908 by Michael Wirth, auf Flickr
  14. Lok24

Powered Up - A tear down...

My experiences with the mindstorms software couldn't be better. Boost ist not a "kind of product", and none of the electronic compenents in the Set named "Boost" or other components are called "Boost" in any form. It's not that confusing if names are used properly. "Boost" is a Set, "MoveHub" is an electronic component, belonging to the PoweredUp-familiy (because of protocol and connectors), and it is contained in the Boost-Set, but it's never called Boost-Hub.
  15. Roebuck

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors and discussion

70671: Lloyd's Journey I assume is in the same price range and it has 2 figs, a new animal mould and a small build.. Here we apparently get 4 figs, a new animal mould and 1-2 small builds, what a fantastic value This was maximum of what we could get OK the dementores are provably cheap to make now, but they could have easily given us one and that would have been fine, 2 is fantastic both in value and army building
  16. iLego

Powered Up - A tear down...

Thank you @Mr Hobbles for the insightful comment. As more details emerge, I feel Lego is coming out with a wonderful set of new electronics hardware. Lego's software has never been great ... hence the complex software, acronyms, and marketing names for the various products is not surprising. The smaller children and younger teens will probably stick to one kind of product, like boost, but the older kids and adults will try to mix and match. For the latter a "real" programming language like python will be absolutely great. And it will work irrespective of which hardware is being used ! I am looking forward to the emergence of this potentially great ecosystem. It will unleash a new wave of creative and ingenious creations. I believe Lego will do great service if they formally support the various open source efforts by fans. They can help in various ways like finance, hosting multi platform test frameworks etc.
  17. Completion date: 01/04/2019 Size: 42+6 studs / width 25 studs / high 16 studs Power: 2 x L Motor, 1 x M Motor,1 ×Servo Motor Power/Control: BuWizz Number of parts: 650 pcs Weight: 710 g The Mill BLACKBIRD® is able to quickly transform its chassis to match the exact length and width of almost any car. Powered by an electric motor, it can be programmed to imitate acceleration curves and gearing shifts and the adjustable suspension alters ride height, rigidity and dampening to replicate typical driving characteristics. The Mill BLACKBIRD® is able to capture quality footage and data due to its camera array and tailor-made stabilisation unit, engineered in collaboration with Performance Filmworks’ legendary, multi award winning technician, Lev Yevstratov. A combination of high dynamic range imagery and 3D laser scanning generates a virtual version of the environment, producing 100% realistic CG renderings. The Mill has taken this a step further, developing a bespoke BLACKBIRD® AR application that allows you to see the intended vehicle in CG, tracked live over the rig on location.
  18. Lego-Freak

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors and discussion

@LDDproductions: That sounds awesome Can you also describe the boxart, in case it was visible?
  19. Jim

Technic Pub

Aaaaand it’s gone! Launch has been postponed for the first time
  20. I don't mind unbalanced games if they're interesting. I think this game was interesting. I try really hard to win, but after the fact, I don't really care much about the win if I still had fun. The winning isn't what makes it fun for me.
  21. I don't read Mafia Monthly so I never seem to miss it. I am very new to mafia games hosted by Hinck with Forest in their name. No one told me I'd have to wear a cup for this game...
  22. I’m sold if the JP set includes the Ford Explorer.
  23. Feng-huang0296

Potential LEGO Scooby-Doo comeback in 2020?

I'd love to see Scooby-Doo return, I was in a dark age during the last run of the theme and I'm still kicking myself for missing it.
  24. Brilliant work! Your old X-wing was always one of my favorites when I was a kid browsing Brickshelf. I recently reverse engineered it in Studio. In planning a modern X-wing build myself, one of the biggest puzzles is the cargo bay. I can't figure out how to fit a nicely sized cargo bay in the aft fuselage when the gearbox and wing jacks take up so much space, much less make it accessible from the cockpit. Would you mind posting more pictures of the cargo bay and ventral fuselage? Thanks.
  25. LEGO Train 12 Volts

FS Wagons

Thank you very much Roadmonkeytj, about he colours I've used the C/M/Y/K value found here with the software Adobe Illustrator. At last but not least my print shop had the right colors in the plotter to print the stickers file.
  26. LEGO Train 12 Volts

Your works are always gorgeous. I like how looks rounded your locomotive and the green colour is a great touch. The overall shape is perfect and the stickers do the right work. Very nice train buffers (is the first time I see this fantastic solution using the new plate 1 x 2 and the two tiles)
  27. Roadmonkeytj

Lovely looking indeed. I think the mutilated Lego makes marvelous skirting ... Did you cut to keep it stud free then?
  1. Load more activity