All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Vindicare

[MOC] Lavender Ice Cream Shop

I love it. I really like the use of the floors, both being the ice cream shop. It’s cool seeing a single use business in a half sized Modular.
  3. DeCommander96

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & discussion

Well I understand why astronomy tower doesn't really bear any significance to me, i don't even know which tower is which
  4. Balrogofmorgoth

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

The new TV spot with the Kylo Ren clip was amazing and it made me really want his new TIE as a set. I kinda feel like it’s a given but who knows with TLG sometimes. I think I liked his Silencer better, but this one (TIE Whisper I think?) is still pretty awesome looking
  5. TheLegoDr

Telephone building Modular

Thank you. Thank you. I looked up that Helsinki telephone building. That was really cool to see, but definitely caught me off guard since it isn't what you'd expect.
  6. Now if only they would fix their mistake with the FO AT-ST... fingers crossed it makes an appearance in ep9 to justify LEGO giving us a proper set of one. It'd be a huge shame if they don't eventually as I absolutely love its design.
  7. Yesterday
  8. Thanks! We’ll see what Bricklink is like now that TLG has control, but yeah, I figure that it should be fairly affordable given that I have: a. Over one whole year to acquire the pieces b. Set 75218, which seems to be the backbone of the Candy X-Wing (the only changes are cosmetic, as far as I can tell) and c. I don’t care if it’s 100% accurate as long as it looks good
  9. The mode is written in the LXF but, after opening, you can just change the mode (menu View | New Themes). The mode you’re in when you save is the one which will be written in the file. (Colour information in the normal mode is totally out of sync with reality now. It was great to easily pick a colour though.)
  10. DANG!!!!! You Sir are a genius. I was going to bring that exact point up. Yeah though. People see us as malicious and slam us for asking for certain sets, especially City sets. That also goes for when we recommend that something gets discontinued.
  11. @Johnnycrash By the way, did you start the model in extended mode? I do not think you can open a non-extended model in extended mode. What you are describing is how it works when I try to repeat this process without using extended mode. (Maybe there is a way to export/import the model to change the mode? I don't know...) I only build using extended mode due to the freedom allotted with color changing. Generally, I use LDD as a prototype for physical builds I am planning, so I will later verify if parts are actually available in that color or I will check the markets for the part in that color before using it in a build. Extended mode is just simpler to use in my opinion, since you choose pieces and color separately rather than at the same time.
  12. Guyon2002

That has been one of the most requested and talked about set-possibilities for months now, only second to the astronomy tower
  13. Good luck! I bet it'll be an amazing festive display piece and I'm pretty sure none of the pieces in the set are exclusive other than the minifigures.
  14. Mandalorianknight

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

My thoughts exactly, the same with kylo's shuttle microfighter. Easy way to gr=et great figures for cheap I still think the lava looks juvenile, but I agree there are some good points besides the figures.
  15. DeCommander96

I feel like we could get that room (I forget it's name) from book 5 where Harry trains everyone as a set. We could get a few patronises and a good handful of students. Thoughts? EDIT: room of requirement
  16. LegoDW

The Best and Worst of 2019

Best Theme: Creator expert....most interesting builds Best Minifigure/Figure: Flintstones Best Set: Harry Potter train, with two sets you can make a very nice train Worst Theme: Hidden Side....just don't get it. Worst Minifigure/Figure: all the Lego movie stuff Worst Set: Benny's house Most Anticipated for 2020: Hoping for a new creator expert Amusement park ride as the Carousel is retiring.
  17. Peppermint_M

TLG acquires Bricklink

Just placed an order for a batch of customs, here is hoping it all goes through. So, looks like I wasn't being over the top or pessimistic with my predictions. I am a moderator, so I can totally say: TOLD YOU SO. Srsly man.
  18. TheLegoDr

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

That's so weird. Mine took 5 days processing so far. Just got the notice it shipped today. I ordered it last Saturday. I would say holiday rush, but it seems some are still having speedy service. Oh well.
  19. Mestari

[MOC] Small house with dock and airboat

There are some pictures towards the bottom of that album of my friend: LINK Thank you all for comments :)
  20. Mestari

New train wheels tested by LEGO

Can you elaborate in that? Some independent wheels are available? Btw this video makes me go back in time to that communication they gave us about technic Porsche and the gear sequence. They made it wrong on purpose to enhance our experience... Now I wonder what's next thing LEGO wants to blow to pieces?
  21. I'm wondering something. Certain people will tell us that LEGO listens to AFOLs all the time and that LEGO bends over backwards to please us. Will those same people tell us, the moment we ask for something, that LEGO is 100% a children's toy and that we should never ask for or expect anything?
  22. I better not leave you hanging! 🤚
  23. Ach! So close. Exciting game. It is not a loss for Weelond, and we have a rematch in 6 days.
  24. Mestari

TLG acquires Bricklink

So there you have it. We no longer can buy custom parts. Thank you LEGO... "Modified Parts: All parts listed in your store must be genuine LEGO parts in their original, unmodified condition. Custom printed, engraved, chromed, or painted parts are not permitted."
  25. ...I don't bloody know what the Abbé was thinking, setting up a Church of Poseidon in Mesabi Landing of all places. By all that's holy, even Meloche wouldn't've done something as mad as this. He can claim that the tidal wave that desolated this town was the will of the god, and that the heathens got what they deserve. I just wish he wouldn't do it when we're surrounded by the buggers. He reckons it'll give us an edge in the tournament. I reckon we'll catch the edge of someone's blade if we're not careful. Sodding hell! Extract from the journal of Robin the Cabin Boy I know I should've posted this before the 9th to get any kind of bonus, so I'm sorry I didn't put it up. Frankly, I suspect I'm not going to be rewarded for plonking a Church of Poseidon in Mesabi Landing, but I built the thing a while back, and it seemed really appropriate here. Hope you like it (enough to overlook the awkwardness...)! Built and licensed.
  26. I'm still disappointed by it but I do see at least a few good points. With some modification this could easily be made into a Starkiller-like diorama, the figures and platforms/droids are a good startingpoint. Though I'll definetely wait for a discount if I end up getting it
  27. While I wasn't a fan of the looks to begin with, realizing how scarce the functions are make me feel miserable for not buying 42009 when I had the chance. Speaking about looks I do think the well-praised 8460 also has strange dimensions. But that set made up for it by having everything engineered as you could wish for: gear-driven turntable, functional outriggers et cetera. As for the modding argument: if you put on enough time and/or parts you can make any set perfect. But there's a difference between adding a few flex hoses to the Volvo excavator to get rid of the ugly pneumatic hoses (for example) or having to basically redesign a set to make it decent.
  1. Load more activity