All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. A seperate motor for turning sounds way better because switching constantly will be inconvinient and turning whilst moving gives better dexterity. To give any other info I'd need pictures/a video. Regards, Snipe
  3. Nett06

Cupcake Cafe Modular Moc

I absolutely love this ! Do you have instructions for the build anywhere??
  4. meliander

[MOC] Lion Pub

Looks awesome! Happy for you, this is something I want to do as well - design digitally and then order the parts. Was it too expensive though? 6k bricks? I'm just curious how it compares to buying the regular modular building.
  5. I have been a very busy man for the last year...or more. I intend to make a non-season banner for the default. It may happen if I can get the LEGO room organized.
  6. Because a small residence only costs 5 DBs to license, whereas all the other licenses cost at least 25 DBs.
  7. Ive used BL for years. Still selling 2010-2015 technic sets. I think its ur best bet.
  8. Today
  9. pooda

World City Theme Discussion

It may have less pieces, but I'd honestly rather have the Town Jr. version over the World City.
  10. AMD

World City Theme Discussion

Oh! I'm sorry. Yeah, I can agree that there are big pieces on this set but I have to disagree on the big-small ratio. 367 pieces for this: As compare to this set below: 221 pieces. That has big pieces and few small parts and its 146 pieces less than the one above. Care to explain?
  11. NDLG80

Assembling Bricksburg

@AnyColourYouLike would be keen to see photos of some of your custom builds? :-)
  12. Hi. I'm new here but I've been lurking a bit and now I've decided to make a post. I've built a large biped, through multiple iterations in the last 7-8 years. It's a decent build but I've decided I'd like to rebuild it with linear actuators as opposed to all of the current gearing used. Just like I read another poster say in some other thread here, moving the black part of the turn table while keeping the grey part stationary will add a ton of friction. This unit works pretty good, I had it posted on the lego mindstorms site before it shutdown. I also posted it to bricklink as well. I still think it would benefit from LA's, I think there would be less friction and better overall efficiency as opposed to the current 6 turntables driven by one motor. Bricklink Destructor Page I'd like to post pictures and such here but apparently I'm limited to 102.4kb of upload on this post. Please take a look at my post at bricklink and give me some input. There is a .io to take a look at the model. I've also changed the zamor launcher I'm using since I built the digital model. I'm using a standard hailstorm configuration with standard magazines, I've found them to be much more reliable than the design I was using when I build the .io. I've considered building an "agitator" into the zamor mag to prevent ball jams, but the rebuild of the Destructor is priority. Current biped info: Walking: This is achieved by one motor mounted on the bottom center of the biped. It has an 8 tooth gear driving the turntable, which in turn drives another turn table above it and attached to it. The top turntable pulls the legs forward by about 4 studs. The turntable attached to it is responsible for driving the gear inside each leg, which changes the angle of the foot to take the weight while stepping forward. Obviously the legs are synchronized by the motor, as synchronization is very important for this model. Turning: This is achieved by driving a turn table with a worm gear attached to a NXT motor. The is a touch sensor located by a tab in the leg attached to a gear. This is synchronized with when the foot has the weight on it, allowing the sensor to indicate when the foot will be active. At the same time we also know the other foot can rotate back to its original state if it is still in a turned state. Weight: Probably around 1-1.5 kilo Speed: About 40 cm /minute Zamor launchers: Typical hailstorm style launchers. May come back to them once I can work out a way to use linear actuators for the walking portion of the biped. What I was thinking for this build: (Starting from feet up in terms of mechanical workings) First a rough motor idea, I'm using an EV3 to control the machine. Motor 1: Walking/Turning Motor 2: Gear switcher for walking/turning Motor 3: Zamor launchers Motor 4: Maybe instead of switching I could use this motor for turning?? Not sure yet.... Feet: This is where my current turning mechanism is. For a LA driven biped, I was thinking a possible gear switch mechanism to change from walking mode to turn feet mode for turning. Still deciding whether a LA or gear is the better for this. I'm kind of leaning towards gears due to the rotation forces needed for turning the foot. And the difficulty of getting rotational force through the leg down to the foot, while maintaining minimum torque/slop. Walking: I still think one motor driving both legs is best due to the absolute synchronization required. One thing I am considering Is sending two rotational forces through the leg, (if feasible) one to control walking and a gearbox to switch to feet rotation. The second rotation force will operate the gearbox for walking or turning the feet. Possibly I could use the second rotation to send through the leg, knee and down to the foot. Now that I think of it maybe CV joint could do this. Zamor launchers: Maybe they would even benefit from the LA treatment? To be looked into at a later date.... Appreciate any input anyone has. If the link doesn't work the biped is named Destructor. It's on the Bricklink Studio page. Thanks. Edit: For whatever reason the studio page takes forever to load. It eventually does though.
  13. AmperZand

15 surprised and 1 pink plant...

Great creation! 👍 Not only is it beautiful, it also conjures a tale. I reckon the tall, gloomy ones are saying how ugly the newcomer is. The moral of the tale? Change - even when it’s later recognised as an improvement - is often feared and disparaged at first.
  14. Lego set 40355: Year of the Rat / Mouse will be next years set similar to 40186: Year of the Pig from this year. It may be a gift with purchase. Some pics are available online.
  15. Congrats to the winners! But why I only got 30 DBs, not 50DBs as everyone else?
  16. pooda

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

I was thinking a force based in the suburbs.
  17. Classic_Spaceman

I was joking (though I can see LEGO actually making such a theme!).
  18. pooda

I think Lego has police under control. I want to suggest themes that don't involve the police.
  19. Classic_Spaceman

What about Farm Police? 😈 It actually could work as a cohesive subtheme (or subthemes), with a combination of farming equipment, crooks' hideouts, and off-road police vehicles. A Safari theme that is focused on conservation and research would fit with LEGO's recent STEM-adventure subthemes, so I see that as a realistic possibility. If we do get a Safari subtheme, I hope that the vehicles will have the white-and-black zebra pattern from set 6672 (LEGO's only other Safari set).
  20. TeriXeri

Also is a good reason to add some small animals into an Xtra pack like some chicken/cat/pig/goat/sheep, a pumpkin, or farm minifig accesoires like a hat/pitchfork, maybe even 1 larger animal horse/cow. Xtra had a Sea themed pack this year, with a Christmas one to follow, and both of those had animals in them, including a larger animal like shark.
  21. pooda

Exactly! And it's not like little boys don't love big tractors and heavy equipment. A farm subtheme or 2020 would earn Lego another good bundle from City.
  22. Yesterday
  23. TeriXeri

60260 to 60266 likely is a subtheme for 2020 , codename in/out So, that's 7 sets, the amount, seems to match up with previous subthemes. Volcano 2016 : 7 sets Jungle 2017 : 7 sets Arctic 2018 : 8 sets Space 2019 : 7 sets (not counting polybags or the 4-figure blister pack which have no 602xx numbers) Farm would be a very cool one, as it's been some years since we got even something like horses in a minifig set (not including licensed theme like Harry Potter) https://www.stonewars.de/lego-2020/#lego-city-2020 On the other hand we seem to have a set name for 60267 Safari Off-Roader, which could be part of it, that'd be amazing as well. Going by recent years, we did see big cats in various subthemes and colors, but no savannah lions yet. Also Arctic had a Mammoth, so maybe an Elephant is possible. Zebras seem possible if they bring back printed horses, or maybe some modified antler harry potter deer mold for antilopes. Possibly includes a more themed People Pack as they did with 2019 Space 60268 is codenamed "Town 2" maybe one of those €80 sized sets like Donut Shop Opening 60271 is codenamed "Town D2C" likely a €100+ set like 2018 Capital City. 60259 and 60269 seems missing, possibly a "Town People Pack" or Advent Calendar 60270 , 60272 , 60273 , 60274 are named MDP , I think those are usually multi-set valuepacks like this :
  24. jrathfon

(Moc) Narrow Gauge 4-4-0

Very nice implementation! On my real world 4-6-0 narrow gauge I wound up using "space's" powered trucks of a similar design to yours in the tender. My M motor is in the tender with one powered truck, battery and receiver in an RPO carriage right behind. If you do plan on making this in the real world, I found the tight radius of real lego "IJ" narrow gauge tracks to be very difficult to navigate with a shorter wheelbase leading truck and had to double articulate this link. Also steam cylinders had to be brought out a half stud on each side (7 wide mount) for clearance and rods just don't work with the extreme angles! Cheers!
  25. pooda

Ok. Maybe not bullfighting. But harvesting and tractor races. That's action.
  26. Classic_Spaceman

Bullfighting?!
  27. pooda

The idea that it won't sell isn't realistic. There is plenty of action and playability in a farm theme. Harvesting, bull fighting, tractor races, etc.
  1. Load more activity