All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Zerobricks

General Part Discussion

Seems to be a new type of a free-rolling wheel with side details. I think there are 2 of the same, each on one side, using 3 pisn to attach to the tyre.
  3. HalfBloodPrince

LEGO Ninjago 2019

Those sets look pretty good
  4. Exetrius

LEGO Ninjago 2019

As it should be. See my earlier comment. Btw, I've been staring at Lloyds mech for some time and it seems like it could have bending knees, with two pairs of the 'super rigeted' Technic joints. Would they actually, finally, do that again??
  5. SNIPE

[HELP] Rigid Pneumatic Tubing

Search bricklink for rigid hoses
  6. For the EB contest Benny's Spaceships Building Academy in the Sci-Fi forum I designed this Locomotive. And I don’t want fellow train lovers to miss out on it. I will post just two pictures here but you can read the full description and see more pictures of it in the Sci-Fi forum. But it kind of looked naked without the wagons, so I built them as wheel. Nothing fancy, I just threw a bunch of bricks together and ended up with something… well something. It’s different and a bit weird. I designed the locomotive for this kind of wagons, with this kind of attaching. Check it out. The battery is disguised as cargo and it’s powering the bogie (train motor) in front of it, which in turn pushes the locomotive. The second wagon is transporting power cells which are used to power the locomotive. All the turrets can rotate and provide the train with necessary protection from raiders. The minifigs are Benny’s space crew. Here are the digital files: Benny's Train.LXF, Benny's Train.IO.
  7. When this contest was announced, and one of the rules said “Digital entries are accepted”, I was happy as Benny. From the get-go I knew what MOC I wanted to build and pretty much stick with the first rule of the contest; “have fun!”. So let me first present the MOC and we will get to Bennyfying it later on. I had an idea in my mind, I started designing it right away, from the first day of contest. But this MOC was stubborn and it just didn’t want to be put together. I didn’t have a lot of free time at the beginning (maybe 2-3 hours per day at the most), plus for every detail I’ve made like 10-20 iterations of it until I was satisfied with the final solution. That’s why it took me all this time to finish it. I will post some of the pictures here but there are boat-load of them on my Bricksafe page. And the LXF and IO files as well. Please check them out. If I put them all here, the post will be two pages long. Let’s get to it. I wanted something different than just your average everyday locomotive. It certainly looks different. With an open central portion, and the LBG circle in the back where the wagons are attached. I’ve actually made the whole train but it’s irrelevant for this contest (although you can check it out in Train Tech forum). The side panels can be open to allow easy access to the wheels. Let’s check out what’s hiding underneath them. I bet that it’s not what you’ve expected. No bogies. Just 0-6-0 configuration. What’s that green cylinder you ask? It’s a nuclear power cell! 4 red uranium rods enclosed in a coolant, provide abundance of power needed for… stuff (we’ll discuss it later). The bottom view of the locomotive. You see those tan bevel gears… they turn the neon green cylinder through a simple gearing system. Speaking of… Yeah, the cabin lifts up! What-up! We can see Benny here enjoying the cruise through the white rendered plains. There is a full cockpit with loads of buttons for Benny to push when he gets board. Those white doors are the service access to the gearing system mentioned earlier. That’s it for the locomotive. So, finally we got to the SPACESHIP, SPACESHIP, SPACESHIP! The Bennyfying process of turning the locomotive into a spaceship didn’t go smooth at all. It fought me every step of the way. Like I said before it just didn’t want to be put together. At this point I got my free time back (which was last week), and it was a sprint race towards the end. I had whole days at my disposal and I just stuck with it. Again, every detail had to be made over and over and over again. In the end I am really really happy with the end result. Let’s see how Benny (through me) turned this locomotive into a beautiful and wicked flying machine. I kept the general shape of the locomotive and added thrusters (I like to call them boosters), some guns, and closed the central portion. From behind you can see the residual thrust coming from boosters when in flight (one more time, there are more picture available on my Bricksafe page, from more angles). Also every booster has its own grilled intake for keeping cool and not to overheat. Let’s check out the flight capabilities and maneuverability. So the most outer boosters can rotate for excellent in-flight control. All the guns can shoot in every direction, which is pretty good defense and offence system. Three main big booster are perfect for a quick getaway or a trip around the galaxy. It was a real pain in the rear to make all the booster look like they do as a whole, to make them fit properly without compromising a lot. I lost 4 days just getting this right. And then 2 more to incorporate them into “wings”. That part was not possible. So I incorporated “wing” into boosters. All the connection there are held with pins and technic bricks. There are additional lights and lasers to cope with the dark space. From bellow you can see mini boosters which help a little bit with maneuverability and take off from the ground, and folded landing gear. Now, let’s ground this bad boy for a closer inspection. Benny wants to show us something. We should turn the trust off, we don’t want Benny to get fried, don’t we? So the cockpit is the same as in the Locomotive, there are no changes there. Here you can see unfolded landing gear. That’s the max openable position, it’s hitting the bit of the wing which doesn’t allow it to go further, which is a good thing. The rear landing gear is constricted by the booster. Those DBG skies fold inside of the angular technic panels. What’s Benny showing us here is how well is the nuclear power cell protected. Its power is much needed to power all the boosters. So that Benny can glide through the galaxy non-stop. With openable laser resistant panels for easy access. “Let me just tighten this bolt here…” Here is Benny maintaining his spaceship. The black bits are afterburners which also serves as air brakes (air brakes, not space brakes). “All looks good from down here.” The height on which spaceship seats when grounded is perfect for Benny to crawl underneath and check a few things. In the end what to say. I built it in LDD, used Studio for render (which took a whole day yesterday), I paid attention to connections, so that everything is buildable and it won’t fall apart (but that’s for the judges to decide). All the parts and the colors are correct, there are no errors of this kind. Here are the digital files: Benny's Spaceship.LXF, Benny's Spaceship.IO, Benny's Train.LXF, Benny's Train.IO. This was a mighty endeavor. Was it fun? It was for the most part of it. It certainly took a long time but I am really happy with the result. I hope that you will like it as well. That’s all folks!
  8. soccerkid6

Free Build Mitgardia: Wide Winged Wyvern

Dark bley isn't a color I see used for dragons all that often, but it works great here! I like how you used white spikes throughout, especially at the end of the tail
  9. Today
  10. I've been fiddling with pneumatic engines for a while now and started to want to push my engine to its possible limits. I'll be running it at higher PSI ratings, my goal is at least 60 PSI, so I'll need to upgrade the tubing (I'm using cheap silicone tubing for the time being). I've seen rigid tubing before in builds such as LPEpower's V8 http://www.lpepower.com/products/pushrod-v8-engine. Does anyone by any chance know where to purchase rigid pneumatic tubing?
  11. 1980SomethingSpaceGuy

[BSBA] Cat A - Lighthouse, Lighthouse, Lighthouse!

Excellent! I love the scaffolding
  12. dimaks13

LEGO Ninjago 2019

Description says that's a wolf after all.
  13. 1980SomethingSpaceGuy

[MOC] Ski resort cafe. Alternative build from the LEGO set 60222

Nice one! Using the tracks to build spaceship engines is a cool idea.
  14. Yeah, the rating kind of worries me. At least its backed by ebay’s money back guarantee (knowing them something will go wrong there). And yes its WYSIWYG, the condition is used but “like new” so we’ll see. In any case, thanks for the responses. Fingers crossed. I’m always leaning towards putting it on a workbench but a purist custom is good too using some of the other War Machine armors and mixing them perhaps.
  15. Those both came out at the beginning of this month.
  16. They were realised fairly recently, They’ve been discussed on here for ages :)
  17. suffocation

Ford Mustang Hoonicorn V2

Seems Leprosin has already cloned the set
  18. Just to mention to anyone in the UK still looking for the Bricktober Pack, Hamley’s have them available in-store with purchases of any Lego of £50 or more. Not available for individual purchase. This is certainly true of the Regent’s Street store in London as I am just back from there. Not sure about other locations.
  19. The Easter Bunny bought me Anakin's Podracer to give to me on Sunday.
  20. While browsing an online shop I came across two sets that I haven't seen before, and which are apparently based on the "Star Wars Resistance" animated series - a red TIE Interceptor and another weird-looking TIE variant. Were these officially released already or is it some kind of leak?
  21. ninjagoyax555

LEGO Ninjago 2019

these sets look really amazing and i am soo hype to pick them up but will there will be any store exclusives for that wave??
  22. Digger of Bricks

LEGO Ninjago 2019

It was something I certainly wasn't expecting, and I'm already hoping to see the format adopted by other playthemes' box art in the near future! After seeing better images, the main builds for the Katana 4x4, Land Bounty, and Lloyd's Titan Mech are all kinda cool.
  23. great alternative build! to bad lego doesn't show some at the back of the box anymore
  24. JJ Tong  (zfogshooterz)

LEGO Ninjago 2019

Whoa! Just checked that out too! I'm really stoked there! Was already amazed with the leaked catalogue but the official version completely BLEW my mind! The sets is even more awesome and the new boxart is super-dope! I'm definitely will plan to pick this wave and Hidden Side up!
  25. LegendsOfNinjago

LEGO Ninjago 2019

Not gonna lie, the vertical boxes are freaking dope! I love the general look and design of these sets too. I wasn't initially on board with all of them from the prelims, but these sets plus the boxes (I know I'm making a big deal about the boxes, but it's mostly because I'm a graphic designers and have been with the line since the beginning) look amazing!
  26. Jim

Technic Pub

I will go looking for Carl
  1. Load more activity