All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Legoniche

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors and discussion

If the descriptions of the expecto patronum set we’ve heard are true- surely it’ll be more than £12 (I’m from UK), so what price will it be in the uk?
  3. I am fond of white X-Wings. I believe this decision contrast well with other aspects of the ship like the nose, cannons, and engines I would like it even better if you made the engines entirely gray but to each their own opinion
  4. LDDproductions

I promise you from the Angle I saw the dragon was fenominal! It did not look robotic, Atleast from what I saw, and it’s way bigger than we thought it’d be.
  5. Legoniche

OMG! I’m doing that too! Glad to see another middle earth brother in the chat 😌
  6. LDDproductions

The same ones we saw on Ron, I believe dark nougat? I’m not great with Lego colors.
  7. Atlas, your post is 100% spot on. The tradeoff decisions are what makes the complex X-Wing such a fun, long term - and likely never completed - build journey. You also nailed some of the pros/cons of the intentional tradeoffs I had to make such as the nose cone. I love the analysis and you eloquently expressed some of the same thoughts I had while building. Regarding grey vs. white, I wrestled with this decision for weeks. Your front fuselage post on Flickr was incredible in grey, it looked like one of those molded plastic model kits- I referenced and admired that picture as much as any other. It was the strongest factor in me wanting to go to grey. In the end, my decision to use white rested on these factors, which were (barely) enough for me to overcome the beauty of grey expressed in your picture: I did an informal "survey" of non-Lego people who knew about Star Wars, but weren't rabid fanatics like us - showing off the grey and white versions of Jerac's build, as his pictures controlled all the variables (shape, etc.) except color. White got more expressions of "oooo nice" - and this preference was stronger in female viewers. (Side note: women also generally prefer white cars in real life to a higher degree than men, so this result isn't much of a surprise) One of my top personal criteria was making a rounded laser base at the wing, avoiding the blocky 1x6 tiles prevalent in many X-Wing builds today (e.g. as shown in Jerac build, although this could have been a cost-containment compromise). The 1x6 tile technique does pass the "eye test" for me, but I really, "really" wanted "round" there. After prototyping - with actual bricks - many of my own variants of Macej/dmaclego's innovative wheel concept, I chose a different path to achieve "roundness". Two reasons: (1) the wheel version was not "smooth" from front to back" (another, secondary desire of mine), and (2) it used cut hose pieces - which I wanted to avoid for both purity factors, and sturdiness/adhesion to wing factors This led me to the saucepan - which had its own flaws (diameter too small), but met enough of my criteria to be my choice. Since this part only comes in black or white, this tilted me to white I wanted to use the flashback suppressor hockey mask concept, again pioneered by Macej/dmaclego. And it frustratingly only comes in white (to the point where Macej has publicly mused about painting the thing). This plus the laser base made for a nice front and end two-tone for the laser, All of the above finalized my decision to build with white. If I could get the full laser to look good enough for my criteria in grey (or part silver, or some color that isn't as stark as white), I would absolutely rebuild another version of my model in grey. More discussion to come, for those that are interested. Atlas, thank you for taking time to reply, and for your prior posted works that inspired me. I haven't had time to fully digest your latest published X-Wing yet, but I will - I had been looking forward to your completed build off that beautiful fuselage for quite some time.
  8. THELEGOBATMAN

It will use the Occamy head, not Elves head.
  9. Balrogofmorgoth

Was it used in Elves? I thought it was introduced for the Occamy and the Thunderbird. Either way, yes, I agree with you, I hope they pull it off but I’m skeptical
  10. Ach. Sorry a ton. I will be back home from travelling Monday afternoon and will look into it as soon as I get the chance. :)
  11. HalfBloodPrince

Im here praying that lego somehow makes the elves head look good on the horntail....
  12. According to aclego.03 on IG, the Disney D2C is going to be the "Disney Train", so probably one of the train rides in the parks I've only been to the one in Paris, so I don't know what its American counterparts look like. *Crosses fingers so hard for Goofy they might snap*
  13. jean111

21309 NASA Apollo Saturn V (LEGO Ideas)

Hello, i just finished Saturn 5. Very clever design to make some round with some square! I made an unrealistic launch tower, but totally out of the recovery equipment of my workshop.(wood, alu, coton and a red box of chocolate "Ferrero - Mon cheri " ) and LEDs Here are views, with just a few photoshop --<>-- --<>-- --<>-- --<>-- --<>--
  14. Captain Braunsfeld

Mardier Elite Troops

Mardier - always one step ahead in cunning and cleverness - present their next version of Easter Elite Troops: A true masterpiece in military design and efficiency! Happy Easter (if that is a feast of your choice)! C.B.
  15. So after FFH sets, are we officially done for LEGO Marvel 2019? Seems odd that we would have everything by April, with still 8 months left in the year.
  16. Still waiting on answers from back in March, so I'm taking advantage to tack on a few more ships to be sold. Ships I wish to condemn to the prize court: Hammerhead (class 5) - formerly ESL - unmocced Mimi (class 4a) - formerly Mardier - unmocced Misty (class 4f) - formerly Mardier - unmocced
  17. Thank you Jerac, these are great compliments from a builder with as much renown as you have earned. And it is great to finally meet you (virtually) on the forums. It was the published instructions of your excellent build, and your forum post here on Eurobricks describing the creative process, that finally convinced me to reserve some time to finish an updated, contemporary X-Wing of my own. Every build has its tradeoffs, and I totally agree that is the point of building it. For example, from your X-Wing story post, I know your build was restricted in canopy choice by Brickvault. And keeping your model parts accessible/affordable was another intentional tradeoff factor. Absent these constraints, I'm certain your model would have looked materially different, and perhaps you will make another future X-Wing without these constraints - I'd look forward to seeing that. I absolutely love making the tradeoff decisions on each part of the model. I similarly look forward to the tradeoffs others make - and most interestingly to me, reading about the reasons why and how they made them. At the risk of putting too many posts in this thread, I would like to share my decision making thoughts/process on the tradeoffs I made in future posts. This is a great Lego build community here on Eurobricks forums, I probably should have de-lurked sooner :)
  18. Today
  19. If they went that way they would need to give us at least 3 dinosaurs, including the T-Rex. We already know the price and piece count and its way too good for a large dino to be included. I think we'll get the Visitor Center and Nedry's Jeep as builds, Spitter and maybe a baby Raptor as dinosaurs and all essential characters as minifigures. Some of these scenes are way too iconic to be crammed into one big D2C set and to do a Jurassic-Tour justice the set would need to be at least $500+
  20. Inspired by @Legostone's technique to embellish the narrow prefab hull, I wanted to give it a try myself. I always liked the white hull parts, but didn't know how to cover the black part properly. Thanks for sharing instructions. I copied the base nearly without changing anything. From then on I just followed my guts, looking at some pictures of brigs from time to time. I want to rig the vessel as a hermaphrodite brig/brigantine. She can now hold up to 18 guns, but due to the scale I probably won't arm her. Or I will have to come up with a new gun design. Still have to change some colours. Unfortunately I have to buy tons of new bricks again. Same goes for the names, I don't have any R-letter tiles, therefore my HMS Argonaut currently carries the name HMS Sjælland and on the photos of the brigantine you see the name Styx while actually I want to name her HMS Ymir. I was forced to come up with a new capstan design. It was worth it, but I'm not happy with it being all black. Will have to change at least the cone to white. Again, the headrails are quite enormous. And I'm not that sure about keeping the shape this way. Especially the turn of the lower rail. It mimics the headrails on my frigate, where it fits the design. What do you think, should I keep it or change it into two parallel rails? Greetings and happy Easter, Wellesley!
  21. Retro Brick Reviews

They are probably the wing pieces from the Elves dragons.
  22. Balrogofmorgoth

This probably means the pics are out there and will be released VERY soon. I hope so at least My heart sank when he said the Horntail used the thestral wings but then he said he was mistaken so it's all good.
  23. efferman

[WIP] Volvo L350H

i suggest the actuator mod too https://www.doctor-brick.de/threads/volvo-l350f-modifikationen.1795/page-2#post-47243
  24. gotoAndLego

Using vintage structures with newer, wider, vehicles

You could modify them to be the correct scale.
  25. A great take on the X-wing! Well done!
  26. jorgeopesi

[WIP] Volvo L350H

I like what I see, it is like my first wheels loaders, the only think I can say now is that the lateral movement of the U-joints is enough believe me but I wuold change the steering system, I think you would need small Linear Actuators or something alike to the 8265 system.
  27. We may not get any JP sets in the future, though. JW theme is very unpredictable, first wave was only Jurassic World, second - Fallen Kingdom and one odd JP set, this year some Legend of Isla Nublar, which no one saw coming. The theme is likely to continue until JW3 comes out, but we can't be sure there will be more original trilogy sets. That's why people (including me) want this D2C to be as complete as possible, in case it's the last JP set. I believe LEGO designed Nedry and Malcolm to be scene specific (Nedry's venom covered face complete with yellow jacket instead of grey one he has in the control room, sweaty Malcolm in unbuttoned shirt which is after the T-rex attack) for a reason, meaning there's possibly more in this set than just Visitor Centre. My current prediction is MBS style (maybe even with the branding on the box) Jurassic Park Tour, which will allow for the entire scenario of Nedry's little "heist" and subsequent dinos' breakout to be played out. It would include a rather scaled down Visitor Centre with just few essential rooms - lobby, control room, lab, maybe theatre; outside there'd be JP gate, T-rex paddock and the area where the dilophosaurus attacks Nedry; ideally we'd get all four cars, but one Jeep and one tour car are most likely. In this case, T-rex and dilo are a given, there's a small chance for a second raptor (to pair with the one from 75932) and maybe a triceratops if the designers wanted the tour to be complete.
  1. Load more activity