All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. For me, it'd depend on what it'd end up looking like (that is, if there is a starcraft in the short at all). I might be interested if its design more closely evokes the Milano rather than the Bentar. I'd at least gladly settle for sets inspired after such, just as long as that WWII/Dieselpunk Iron Man armor comes as part of the deal...
  3. Kelkschiz

COPPA and Technic Youtube creators

Haha, so long and thanks for all the fish!! I feel it is a catch-22, If I mark my video as "made for kids", it would be like saying that I think my videos are appropriate for kids. But I actually think that due to language, complexity, and themes, they are not appropriate for kids. But if I mark them as not for kids, I run the risk of going bankrupt. I will be screwed either way...
  4. Digger of Bricks

LEGO Hidden Side 2020

Doesn’t seem like a Ninjago torso, that belt that looks to be the car seatbelt style belt. That, to me, wouldn’t fit with Ninjago. It could be a possessed person for next wave of HS, maybe a grease monkey. Say, what did come of this torso anyway? Looks like it didn't show up after all within any of Hidden Side's upcoming sets; so, perhaps it does belong to Ninjago after all, or maybe something entirely?
  5. Wow that’s incredible. Looks so good it’s just like the way it should have been made in the first place
  6. Kelkschiz

HMS Surprise

I could stare at such a model for hours. Beautiful work .
  7. RuffDraft

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

No, we used to in a way... we used to have corner shops / newsagents, where you'd buy your newspapers and a few other bits, alongside sweets. The sweets would be behind the counter, and you could get a bag of whichever sweet you fancied that came measured in weight in front of you... but we don't have anything like that anymore... most people shop at the bigger supermarkets, or online... it's a shame because independent stores have been pretty much put out of business, and town centres / shopping centres are dying due to Amazon et al. Yes, I agree. A Post Office next to a book store would be EPIC! I would love a Post Office on its own, and a Book Store on its own though... I really don't like that Lego feel the need to mix so many things into one building... I get that it can please more people, but single use buildings just have so much room for expanding on ideas... either way, I love every modular building, and will be buying whatever set comes out. I'm with you. I have a tiny office, and around my iMac are different modular sets (PC, BB and DO), alongside the Tree House that was released earlier this year. I am hopefully moving out next year, and I have all the other modulars except for the MS, GG and CC... so I'll hopefully get to make a small town then... it's a shame that the Earth isn't twice the size and buildings aren't half as expensive! That way, I could afford to make a room out of Lego! I'll probably end up having it on shelves, rather than a city... but I really want to use my train track... it only comes out when the Christmas tree goes up.
  8. Finally the Sandcrawler gets some decent screentime. Didn't expect these things being so quick. 75220 suddenly looks much more interesting.
  9. Thai bricks

(Moc) Narrow Gauge Dining Car and Sleeper

Bar tender: "How do you like your coffee, ma'am?" "Strong, black, thanks." Bar tender adjusts amount of smoke going through coffee filter...
  10. I guess we'll have to deal with the 8 stud wide vehicles.
  11. tafkatb

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I'm completely out of shelf space at this point and just stockpiling sets to build when I eventually move to a bigger place. I'm torn between wanting it to be a book shop since that would be a guaranteed buy, and wanting it to be something easily skippable like a police station so I can save on space.
  12. pooda

Future Pirates Speculation

I personally would love to see Pirates return. If they release some good builds, I could use those.
  13. mon-o-mat

Future Pirates Speculation

Interesting enough the designs where actually quite good in my eyes (Ok, the large soldiers fort wasn't). The problem I have with the 2015 line was the size of the sets. If I remember correctly the second largest and largest imperial set of the line (the fort) was only at 30€.
  14. Today
  15. obsidianheart

LEGO Hidden Side 2020

It's Florida. Swamps and palm tree dotted beaches. But I don't think they have a subway there.
  16. Yesterday
  17. ramofont

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

So far they have put the same thing last year, news none in Barcelona.
  18. Roadmonkeytj

(Moc) Narrow Gauge Dining Car and Sleeper

Thanks! I would stick to a combine as it seems more fitting for a shorter train ... But a private car with rear observation platform would be sweet way to bring up the rear instead of the traditional workman's car "caboose”
  19. Toastie

This is a very nice, calm, clear explanation of the facts. I have very carefully listened to what was told in that video. To me, it appears to be clear - but is that really so? Here is what I understood: Mark your videos, where LEGO do come in sight (even at remote distance) as "for kids". That's it, right? Or do I miss something? (Take into consideration that on >real< average, my less than 10 videos get about 200 hits; the remaining 400.000 were because I used in one video a Hanna Montana song and in another one a Glenn Miller piece - certainly not because of visual content) Now: Where on earth do I mark my stupid videos as "for kids"? If it is THAT BIG OF A DEAL than there needs to be an equally BIG BUTTON I can press to mark it up. There is not. I cannot care less whether the videos are for kids or not - they are for LEGO enthusiasts. 0.1 year old or 100 years old - I - do - not - care. Man. This internet thing begins to >really< get on my nerves. Well the supposedly so smart legal people doing internet that is. The only one thing that I like about all this garbage: When you divide the FTC max. "penalty" by 1000 and round off, the result is 42. THAT is certainly not a coincidence. So get ready, suck back a couple of pints, check for your towel, and be prepared to leave this stupid planet. All the best and have a very nice WE! Thorsten EDIT: Just checked: The YT/Google AI has done that already! No comments, no ads, a void. As if they have blasted away all that to make room for a hyperspace bypass going directly through my YT comments section. Ooops: For the Google AI:. I really do not want to get the EB forum in trouble. I mean ... forget it.
  20. I can see the other series getting lego sets but I'm a bit skeptical about "What if?" Imagine those characters that we haven't even gotten in their normal appearances before then it will be a variant.
  21. Roadmonkeytj

[MOC] My OcTRAINber submission

PhillB this is brilliant ... I love the moving picture box approach ... I do believe you could animate the track however to make it look right you would have to legthen the belt so as your eye never sees the track elements fall into place. I do believe this "fits" the spirit although not what they may have had in mind lol you should add flex tubing inside your tree to help keep it together
  22. Tommy Styrvoky

I'm gonna play it safe, as bad as it is to loose community features and comments, it's not worth the fine. Unfortunately from a legal sense anything Lego could be deemed as a toy regardless of the scope or context, that puts any of us at a risk if we decide to mark as not for kids. I could show my content to any audience, while my demographics show 87% of my viewers to be over 18, what's stopping kids from using their parent's accounts or ignoring age requirements. The other thing I am curious about is what if something isn't designed to be viewed by kids, but is? I'm guessing Youtube will take action against those, as the FTC is more concerned about a child's data. if that happens, I would rather have my content deleted from Youtube than get finned, I can move my content elsewhere if that happens. It's really unfortunate, this will basically kill any sense of community on Youtube for my interacting with my audience, it would just be a number, It will also probably kill any channel focused with child friendly content, as it wouldn't be profitable for Youtube, so it would be probably be pushed back in the visibility algorithms. I would be fine marking the videos as for children or some intermediate age group that would still allow for these features, but disable ad tracking. Another thing that will be interesting, to see how it pans out. What happens to channels that are inactive, what if they never set an audience as they left YT years ago, could the FTC go after them if YT defaults content to be not view-able by children based off of some algorithm that could be wrong?
  23. Exetrius

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

@Chilis Oopsy daisy!
  24. Roadmonkeytj

Misadventures in Tilt

So could a third gyro be oriented to pick up forward or reverse? Concept of course since you only have one. For now you could program it to turn on a light (which could later be used for headlights) on the end of the engine it detects movement to. The other sensors could be tested individually by limiting direction of travel to their fwd or rev orientation. Then all you would have to do is integrate the three in one program ... Theoretically of course lol Edit : in my head I picture a fwd gyro for tilt then servo on first car second car would have the movement gyro for direction the EV3 and a tilt servo third car would have a reversed gyro for tilt in opposite travel and a tilt servo. three sensors three motors (with ability to add a fourth car) and you wouldn't be scattering color tiles all over your layout ...
  25. kbalage

@Cut the Kragle the real problem is not with the fine from the FTC. The problem is that YouToube retains the rights to mark your video as "for kids" content and you will not be able to disagree. If the video is marked for kids then it is basically flushed down the toilet, no notifications, no comments, no recommendations, no viewers.
  26. AlexSanders

LEGO Speed Champions 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

I was able to switch my 6 wide Porsche 911 RSR 75888 to 8 wide. It wasn't so difficult. Basically, you just have to follow the instructions, adding two wide in the middle and one in the length. I used a Trans-Black Windscreen 3 x 6 x 2 and, for the wheels, a Technic Brick 1 x 2 with Hole. The result, to be honnest, wasn’t so nice like i espected. I just hope the newest 8 wide models be well done.
  1. Load more activity