All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. TurboTj-DK

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors and discussion

I am kind of annoyed that people post it on IG after LDD told us not to do it. This limits the trust and results in us not seeing anymore pictures from him. I understand if we wont see anymore, because people dont respect a simple thing.
  3. Legoniche

Darthtalon227 That’s just the top of the fireplace I believe
  4. Balrogofmorgoth

Well, someone spilled the beans
  5. As of right now there are no further rumors. Unless a surprise second wave for endgame appears, or they do a wave of nostalgia sets, it seems this indeed the endgame for lego.
  6. Maybe the WDWRR, but there are three different style locos and I think two different color passeneger cars (green, red to match corresponding loco). Not that I think most people would know or care about the different options though.
  7. BenderBrau

A blurry picture of advent calendar is up on IG. What is this white thing on the right and why does it look like it has a cape?
  8. Huigberts Builds

They're also in black in the star wars theme, but that's the most common colour.
  9. Yes, that is great insight into my thinking! The contrast does match the limitations imposed by lack of color choice on other key (to me) features. I thought long about making the 4 wide engine cylinder top grey and I may do that eventually. It's not an easy part to just pop in/out - it is quite vital to the structural strength of the wing and model. I'd literally have to take apart the entire rear fuselage and detach it from the front fuselage, to get at the SNOT S-Foil scissors to also take them completely apart (which would then separate all 4 wings), to get at that single piece! And I did enough of that while making build iterations that I'll probably leave it alone for a while :) Anyways, engine white or grey was another interesting and agonizing (but still fun!) choice to make. My final decision making process there was that front to back grey/white/grey on the engine matched the pattern of grey/white/grey of the laser cannon at the wing. But as you said, to each their own - that is the joy of our Lego hobby!
  10. I admit, my prediction largely ignores the price Whishing a Lego set isn't too cheap, that's a first world problem right there
  11. grego18f

[WIP] Volvo L350H

Thank you for the suggestions. The model is meant to be manual (except the arm movement) so mini LA for steering is not an option sorry.
  12. Legoniche

so The guy that showed LDD the picture of the expecto patronum set has shown me (wont say his name to protect his identity) please don’t DM us wanting the pic because we can’t share it, but the important thing is: ITS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! the trees are so well constructed, there’s a little bit of lake section and land where Sirius can lay which is attached to one of the trees and the other tree is separate, 2x dementors, harry, Sirius and patronus as you guys know  but one thing, I’m from the UK and it looks more than a £12 set- I think it might be £20 but if it is £12 that’s one hell of a deal Then by golly gosh are we in for a treat in terms of value I miss it so much, there was so much they could have done 😞
  13. LDDproductions

Anyways that’s all I have to share for now. I don’t want to fill this forum with this talk. I’ve showed a few peeps the Expecto, that’ll be it (only showed them so y’all know I’m not lying), but I’ll keep the Horntail to myself. Anywhom I may be getting a few more sets later and I’d be happy to share the descriptions and minifigures.
  14. TheRandomBlocker

It’s the same price as the Aragog set, which was £13 in the UK, $15 in the US and €20 in the EU
  15. Balrogofmorgoth

Oh you are not alone, believe me. I live for Tolkien’s amazing works. Cancelling the LOTR theme was unforgivable
  16. Legoniche

👋🏻
  17. I am fond of white X-Wings. I believe this decision contrasts well with other aspects of the ship like the nose, cannons, and engines I would like it even better if you made the engines entirely gray but to each their own opinion
  18. LDDproductions

I promise you from the Angle I saw the dragon was fenominal! It did not look robotic, Atleast from what I saw, and it’s way bigger than we thought it’d be.
  19. Legoniche

OMG! I’m doing that too! Glad to see another middle earth brother in the chat 😌
  20. LDDproductions

The same ones we saw on Ron, I believe dark nougat? I’m not great with Lego colors.
  21. Atlas, your post is 100% spot on. The tradeoff decisions are what makes the complex X-Wing such a fun, long term - and likely never completed - build journey. You also nailed some of the pros/cons of the intentional tradeoffs I had to make such as the nose cone. I love the analysis and you eloquently expressed some of the same thoughts I had while building. Regarding grey vs. white, I wrestled with this decision for weeks. Your front fuselage post on Flickr was incredible in grey, it looked like one of those molded plastic model kits- I referenced and admired that picture as much as any other. It was the strongest factor in me wanting to go to grey. In the end, my decision to use white rested on these factors, which were (barely) enough for me to overcome the beauty of grey expressed in your picture: I did an informal "survey" of non-Lego people who knew about Star Wars, but weren't rabid fanatics like us - showing off the grey and white versions of Jerac's build, as his pictures controlled all the variables (shape, etc.) except color. White got more expressions of "oooo nice" - and this preference was stronger in female viewers. (Side note: women also generally prefer white cars in real life to a higher degree than men, so this result isn't much of a surprise) One of my top personal criteria was making a rounded laser base at the wing, avoiding the blocky 1x6 tiles prevalent in many X-Wing builds today (e.g. as shown in Jerac build, although this could have been a cost-containment compromise). The 1x6 tile technique does pass the "eye test" for me, but I really, "really" wanted "round" there. After prototyping - with actual bricks - many of my own variants of Macej/dmaclego's innovative wheel concept, I chose a different path to achieve "roundness". Two reasons: (1) the wheel version was not "smooth" from front to back" (another, secondary desire of mine), and (2) it used cut hose pieces - which I wanted to avoid for both purity factors, and sturdiness/adhesion to wing factors This led me to the saucepan - which had its own flaws (diameter too small), but met enough of my criteria to be my choice. Since this part only comes in black or white, this tilted me to white I wanted to use the flashback suppressor hockey mask concept, again pioneered by Macej/dmaclego. And it frustratingly only comes in white (to the point where Macej has publicly mused about painting the thing). This plus the laser base made for a nice front and end two-tone for the laser, All of the above finalized my decision to build with white. If I could get the full laser to look good enough for my criteria in grey (or part silver, or some color that isn't as stark as white), I would absolutely rebuild another version of my model in grey. More discussion to come, for those that are interested. Atlas, thank you for taking time to reply, and for your prior posted works that inspired me. I haven't had time to fully digest your latest published X-Wing yet, but I will - I had been looking forward to your completed build off that beautiful fuselage for quite some time.
  22. THELEGOBATMAN

It will use the Occamy head, not Elves head.
  23. Balrogofmorgoth

Was it used in Elves? I thought it was introduced for the Occamy and the Thunderbird. Either way, yes, I agree with you, I hope they pull it off but I’m skeptical
  24. Ach. Sorry a ton. I will be back home from travelling Monday afternoon and will look into it as soon as I get the chance. :)
  25. HalfBloodPrince

Im here praying that lego somehow makes the elves head look good on the horntail....
  26. According to aclego.03 on IG, the Disney D2C is going to be the "Disney Train", so probably one of the train rides in the parks I've only been to the one in Paris, so I don't know what its American counterparts look like. *Crosses fingers so hard for Goofy they might snap*
  1. Load more activity