All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. DBlegonerd7

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Don’t forget about Carnotarurus’s existing body part. It’s quite way large than the supposedly medium size (should not bear larger than T-Rex). Or at least it needs some new body along with new legs. I am not expecting TLG redoing Carnotaururus mold since it was released in 2018 (I think?). I never got Carnotaurus yet. I agree with you on T-rex’s head. It does look better than Caron’s. Baryonyx’s head look so cool as well.
  3. That worked, back in business. Thanks ;) It listed a bunch of script in a large error box. Redownloaded software and now works.
  4. samurai-turtle

Heroica RPG 2.0

Well I do have some points on the Orcs. @Lord Duvors What if they come into the war late and they are the main reason it ended because they always seem to win every fight they got into. I guess the rest could be the same. For their personalities l imagine they have a tell it like it is (kinda like a family member) for example; they would rather call you a dumb @$$ and punch you in the face, instead of stab you in the back like they see other creatures might do. But you are better off being friends with an Orc(s) than have them as an enemy. As for the red banner, I got a China type of vibe from the whole thing, if you need names maybe you could some from China. I don't know why you got quoted, but it does sound like you have a quest forming in your head. I somewhat thought it might go a similar route, so their is a similar vibe going on.
  5. Ya, my only experience with the Pirate theme is the Barracuda, so maybe I'm spoiled. If you have not already gotten strongly suggest you do. It's huge! Will check out Jang's review. Used to really like his videos, he changed his format a bit and don't care for them as much. Really liked what he has done with his city.
  6. Dang, that's a lot of road plates! I was so intrigued that I went ahead and checked out your progress pics on your city on Instagram to get a sense of just how big your layout is to need that many. I dunno if I've ever seen a city that big made by a solo builder… mind you, I don't tend to look up pictures of people's tabletowns online usually, so most of the town layouts I've seen are at conventions, so the size of those layouts might be limited by how much a builder is able to transport from their home to the exhibit hall. That said, how many people who have that many are really going to have a city that size and still be interested in expanding it further? Because if you've already got as many roads in your cty as it room for, it won't really impact you much whether LEGO replaces their current road system or not… Yeah, that's also the sort of thing I've been mentioning when I bring up multi-lane roadways. Because the actual road markings in the new system are in the form of decorated tiles that you can rearrange to your heart's content, it wouldn't be hard at all to make those just by using multiple road segments side-by-side, or even with a median of any width you like in between. Probably for a lot of the reasons I've mentioned before, and also for a lot of the same reasons builders have for using MILS bases. Not to mention the likelihood that they'll be more widely available in the long run. After all, the new road system is going to be showing up in several of next year's City sets, and probably in even more sets in the years to come. So if those road segments end up showing up in sets you end up buying for other reasons, you might as well put them to use — even if only in the parts of your layout like bridges, hills, or construction sites where full-size road baseplates might be less convenient.
  7. Today
  8. Classic_Spaceman

H20: 1: The Mystery of the Maze

"'Rebreather' - And you sure? I've got plenty." "Huh. . . Angor said I looked familiar, so you've probably just not been around where I'm from - Not many people have." "Interesting. . . So what exactly do you do?" "Wait, sorry - What's a 'Moppet'? I've never heard of one before. And how are the undead 'free labour'?" "'Living without living'. . . Not undead. . ." Yelana twirls a chopstick between her fingers, before slipping it back into her hair. "Sounds like zombies - Not the 'Grrr, brains!' kind, magically-enslaved people who live only to serve their master. If that's the case, this op just got a hell of lot more complicated." "Yeah, good question - It seems like things had already gone to shit by the time he arrived, though, so MONAD could just be an opportunist."
  9. deraven

Question about vintage photo

Correct - this is from the 1979 UK catalogs. What's interesting is that yours appears to be an in-process photo (pre-press) of the layout before they put in the green rolling hill backgrounds and bright blue sky. You can see that it's definitely the photograph used for those 1979 materials if you look at the first & last page of this UK catalogue (they'd have been the front and back cover together, obviously), and the main fold-out image on this one as well. Where did you find this particular photo? Any more from what appears to be the product photography shoots?
  10. Considering I'm highly probably a very cynical person, I have to say I think TLG are damned if they do, and damned if they don't with this (if true). They have an opportunity to go green for something they sell a lot of (they must sell a lot or I'm sure we wouldn't be into series 21 at this point). It's kind of at a good time too, as it assists the 'covid situation'... And it truly provides the '1 random fig' experience. However, it can also very easily be seen, as mentioned above, a way to sell more full boxes as people will want to be guaranteed a set and there's less to collect, so, a sneaky way of ensuring more get sold... people would potentially buy more as they'd have to put up with the chance of getting ones they don't want in order to get the ones they do want because truly blind... I do not believe the latter is intentionally intended, it is just a potential result which may be seen to benefit them financially. However, for me, unless I explicitly want an entire set, I probably won't bother with them anymore unless the names are printed on the boxes, but, I doubt they will be. I personally don't want to have to buy a whole box just to ensure I get the ones I want and then have to sell off the rest, people typically want to know what they're buying but a lot want new too. It'll create a wider market for opened figs that'll leave people with the ones no one really wants at a price that's highly likely close to rrp but not quite, because that's the only way people can guarantee what fig they are selling once they've bought a box, so there'll literally only be sellers selling opened ones. Maybe... Who knows I just know I prefer to know what I'm buying. Got to praise them for going eco though
  11. In response to the to the sinking of the Pride of Oleon off the cost of Terraversa last month, the Empire has asked the Beauchamp Shipyard to rush through the final stages of construction on her Sistership the Belle of Breshaun. Today Retired Admiral Girard Beauchamp and Master Shipwright Jean Benoit walked through the ship and have deemed her fit for launch. Crew, Cannon, Stores are all on hand and initial loading began weeks ago in the completed sections of the craft. She will be combat ready on the morrow and a full compliment to His Majesty's Navy in a matter of days. Build from the design of the Pride of Oleon, this 7CL Ship of the Line has "exactly" the same capabilities as the old Pride of Olean boasted. Fair winds and Following Seas to the good crew.
  12. Great scene! I love how busy it is, and that carriage is lovely.
  13. Thanks! And those look like something out of Warhammer Fantasy! Thanks! Since LDD went on the fritz on my laptop (and I'm away from my desktop currently), I've been trying to learn stud.io, and I'm enjoying the placement abilities of it, somewhat. The front is sparse, but I hwas running out of time, missing my mouse, and if I cut it off to a shorter length, it looked slightly stubby.
  14. Captain Genaro

[BTV1-OL] Preparing the Cannons

Nice build, Kotz. I like the original cannon design, and the slight protrusion on the stone wall is a great addition, too. I think the terrain could have used a bit more work since right now the front half seems like a largely empty baseplate.
  15. TheSpaceCadet

Powered Up - A tear down...

I had the same problem when I was trying to develop a controller/hub for Lego's new devices. I use a connector that you crimp right onto the cable, leaving the original cable fully functional but also breaking it out in a more universally usable way. If you'd like to see the full implementation and hub, check out the Kickstarter I just launched. Hopefully this plug isn't too shameless. Also, I ended up cutting all my cords - I just can't bring myself to fork out over $300USD for a spike prime when I've got plenty of technic pieces and I just want to program in Arduino.
  16. sebastian666

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Thanks @Otherworld @karrit @Zedro !
  17. Zedro

Or YouTube search : Lego Harry Potter Books Classroom
  18. LM71Blackbird

[BTV1-OL] Preparing the Cannons

Nice looking setup you've got going there! Those cannons designs are really nice as well. I was toying around with a new cannon design myself the other day:
  19. karrit

Try #legoharrypotterleaks you need to scroll down some but way easier than others.
  20. Hey guys, I'm new to this place, but when I think of who I'm making this hub for, it seems like I've found the right place. I'd like to start this topic both to point you to my current Kickstarter campaign as well as see what discussion occurs around this project - maybe I was way off altogether, or maybe I should have started this discussion like a year ago, or who knows - maybe I just didn't post in the right place. It's called the Evlono. In general, it's an ESP32-based, Lego-embeddable, open-source controller with 3 ports, a built-in speaker, some LEDs, and some other nice hardware goodies (USB Power Devilery, WiFi, Bluetooth). It's programmed over Arduino. A co-processor handles all the communication to and from Lego devices and manages PID control of the motors, and the ESP32 issues it commands over I2C with an Arduino library. Let me know what you think. The link is here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spacecadet/evlono-one. Below you can see a quick GIF of an Evlono taking some motors through some steps functions.
  21. Balrogofmorgoth

Jurassic World 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

The existing Carnotaurus head mold is pretty derpy looking honestly. The eyes are far too big (a recurring problem in molded creatures with Lego recently) and the horns look more like head fins. I get that they don’t want them to be too pointy for kids but come on, they could have done better than that. At least we got a carno though, we could have easily not gotten one at all, so can’t complain too much, just thought it was worth mentioning. So far the T-Rex and Baryonyx head molds are the best looking imo, with probably the Indoraptor after that
  22. Hey guys. It seems like we've all been working towards the same end. I developed a hub that works with control+, Spike prime, WeDo 2.0, and powered-up motors and sensors. It's programmed with the Arduino IDE. It's live on Kickstarter right now, as of a couple of days ago. Unless you're set on making your own hub, you should check it out and see if it meets your needs. It's all open source and it's got Bluetooth and WiFi. Here's the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spacecadet/evlono-one
  23. Vindicare

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I think they have plenty of years very left. They certainly have plenty of building options, many of which have been suggested here over the years. New building techniques are always coming so I don’t see a problem with them amazing us with the buildings. Just look at how they’ve advanced in the time we’ve had them. I do like the idea of an abandoned building though. I doubt we’ll ever see that realized in this series however. Having a lineup of beautiful, pristine buildings....then a rundown one. Not sure what kind of general appeal that would have.
  24. Right now would be the perfect time for them to this, avoiding fan backlash They can say it's for the coronavirus...
  25. If true, it would make feeling for figures more difficult. May be a way to try and sell more full boxes, especially now that they're smaller.
  26. Thanks! I can never find a cannon/carriage combo I like, so mine change a bit.
  1. Load more activity